PDA

View Full Version : Pinch Me

northernbillfan
05-28-2006, 12:58 PM
I must be dreaming. Great game last night, great party in the city.

It's been 16 years since the Oil had a chance for the cup, oh and they won it that year.

BTW, the Cup belongs in Canada. :ontome:

The_Philster
05-28-2006, 01:07 PM
NEGGED!!

SABuffalo786
05-28-2006, 01:12 PM
How about we just reach a consensus that it shouldn't be south of the Mason-Dixon, eh?

hammerbillsfan
05-28-2006, 01:14 PM
How about we just reach a consensus that it shouldn't be south of the Mason-Dixon, eh?

Agreed.

northernbillfan
05-28-2006, 01:16 PM
Nah, can't agree to that as it's been too long that the cup stayed in Canada. 1993 is far too long for the Cup to be on foriegn soil.

RockStar36
05-28-2006, 01:37 PM
As long as teams like Montreal and Toronto represent Canada, it could be a long time for you guys.

If Carolina pulls this series out of their ass, I'll def. be rooting for Edmonton.

And if Buffalo and Edmonton play, it will show those Caniacs what real hockey crowds are like.

northernbillfan
05-28-2006, 01:52 PM
I don't understand how you can say that your crowd is so great. Aren't teh scalpers selling the tix for less than half price of face value?

There was an article in the paper that said it was cheaper to fly to Ahaneim, stay in a hotel and get a ticket to the game than it was to buy one from a scalper here in Edmonton.

Bufftp
05-28-2006, 01:57 PM
Pinch You? Can I punch you? ;)

RockStar36
05-28-2006, 01:57 PM
Watch the game in Carolina tonight and then watch game 6 in Buffalo. You'll see.

As for the scalpers, I really don't know. I'm not in Buffalo. If that was the case though I'll be driving to Buffalo for game 6.

SABuffalo786
05-28-2006, 02:03 PM
It wasn't that there was no demand for Game 4. It was just the scalpers screwing themselves by asking astronomical prices.

And hows about you lighten up, nbf? We're all pulling for Edmonton if C*rolina-Edmonton does happen.

Why the negativity?

SABURZFAN
05-28-2006, 05:33 PM

It's been 16 years since the Oil had a chance for the cup, oh and they won it that year.

congrats NBF. :up:

i'm hoping we put an end to these guys quickly to join you.

northernbillfan
05-28-2006, 07:43 PM
This wasn't meant to be mean.

I have nothing but the utmost respect for Sabres fans, I was just pointing out some lack of passion in the Sabres fans. Dunno if that's the way all the time.

You guys deserve a chance to drink from Lord Stanley's cup more than the other team (Canes) and your fans are some of the most knowledgable hockey fans south of the border.

PUCKER
05-29-2006, 02:08 AM

Zapper would prefer to zap you,thanks. :ontome::zapper:

Congrats. :up:

Michael82
05-29-2006, 08:54 AM
:ill:

Jan Reimers
05-29-2006, 09:14 AM

It's been. . . NEVER since the Cup has been in Buffalo. It belongs in Sabre land, and I hope we win the next 2 against the Canes, so we can beat the Oilers and bring it to Buffalo.

Michael82
05-29-2006, 09:29 AM
It's been. . . NEVER since the Cup has been in Buffalo. It belongs in Sabre land, and I hope we win the next 2 against the Canes, so we can beat the Oilers and bring it to Buffalo.
EXACTLY! And hopefully nbf realizes that this is a SABRES board. So we don't give a **** how long it's been since the Oilers have had the Cup. We have never had it. **** Edmonton! If the Sabres do squeak by the Hurricanes (very unlikely), then I hope they beat the hell out of the Oilers. :D

The_Philster
05-29-2006, 09:31 AM
I have to wonder...did Peca avoid touching the Western Conference Championship Trophy when it was awarded? :scratch:

hammerbillsfan
05-29-2006, 09:35 AM
I have to wonder...did Peca avoid touching the Western Conference Championship Trophy when it was awarded? :scratch:

Peca isn't the captain, Jason Smith is.

The_Philster
05-29-2006, 09:37 AM
Peca isn't the captain, Jason Smith is.
That's not the point...maybe Bettman holds grudges for a few years and will let a bad goal count like he did in 99 just to teach Peca a lesson

hammerbillsfan
05-29-2006, 09:43 AM
I'm just saying you can't accept the trophy if you're not the captain, so Peca can't touch it anyways.

The_Philster
05-29-2006, 09:45 AM
I'm just saying you can't accept the trophy if you're not the captain, so Peca can't touch it anyways.
I would think everyone on the team would get a chance to at least touch it....even if not right out there on the ice at the end of the game :idunno:

northernbillfan
05-29-2006, 09:56 AM
Every player gets a chance to skate a lap with the Cup.

The way that Peca has played this post season has turned a lot of fans away from hating him to loving him. He was our goat all season for his nonpreformance, but he's made up for it in his playoff turn around.