PDA

View Full Version : Biron in game 6?

Bill Brasky
05-28-2006, 10:20 PM
Miller has played well for this team, and without some of the saves he made tonight this game could have been a blow out, but does anybody think Lindy puts in Biron for game 6?

I can't help but think Miller's confidence might be shot after a loss like that. On top of the fact that he has let in some questionable goals throughout this particular series, maybe he just needs a game to clear his head... he has been pretty shaky since game 1. Maybe the team gets a pick-me-up with the fresh goalie who IS proven. It's not like they'd be putting in a career backup.

Thoughts?

On a side note - what a DICK move by Laviolette by pulling Gerber again! 2 of those goals he was basically hung out to dry...

CBC reported that Gerber was so pissed he wouldn't return to the bench and stayed in the locker room after being pulled. I don't blame him.

ILOVEMIBILLS
05-28-2006, 10:27 PM
No, Miller played great in this game and Carolina could very well have once again blown Buffalo away, but Miller kept them in it. In regards to your side note, I cannot believe that Laviolette is able to constantly switch goalies without penalty. Where are those so-called "hockey gods" to smight this team for their non-playoff beards (Laviolette, Brind'amour) and disrespect to the netminder.

ILOVEMIBILLS
05-28-2006, 10:28 PM
and I don't blame Gerber. He's leaving this team for sure after this season. I only hope that he blows up and lets his feelings known to the team so that they suffer and lose two straight.

Bill Brasky
05-28-2006, 10:29 PM
I only hope that he blows up and lets his feelings known to the team so that they suffer and lose two straight.

THAT WOULD RULE!

Always holding out hope, but it's pretty bleak at this point.

Philagape
05-28-2006, 10:33 PM
Pulling Gerber worked. Ward didn't allow a goal and they won.

Ebenezer
05-28-2006, 10:49 PM
Pulling Gerber worked. Ward didn't allow a goal and they won.
it has worked twice...strangest thing I ever saw.

THATHURMANATOR
05-28-2006, 11:16 PM
No chance on Biron.

SabreEleven
05-28-2006, 11:41 PM
You know if Ruff pulls Miller for Biron, he'll get shelled.

RockStar36
05-29-2006, 12:53 AM
There is no way that they pull Miller. I'm a fan of Biron, but they can't pull Miller. You gotta stick w/ the guy who got you there.

And while we're speaking about Laviolette (or however you spell his name). This guy is the biggest *****. He is consistently dicking his goalies over. I would never want to play goalie for a coach who has no faith in his players. What a joke. Of course, I wouldn't expect him to be fair to his goalie after he was involved w/ that embarrassment that was US hockey. I really don't care what I've heard. There is no way that he wasn't involved w/ picking that roster and shafting Ryan Miller. The more I watch the Hurricanes, the more I hate that bastard. Screw him.

PUCKER
05-29-2006, 02:16 AM
I cant see him pulling Miller. Hes playing his butt off.

YardRat
05-29-2006, 07:08 AM
Miller will play, IMO, and should.

As far as Laviolette, his 'strategy' as far as the goalie switches has been, I hate to say it, brilliant up to this point in the play-offs and may be the main reason Carolina sits where they are right now. Three times he's switched netminders, and all three times it's paid off for the team.

Screw Gerber if he's pissed...his team has come out on top every time a switch was made, and that's what's important in the end.

don137
05-29-2006, 07:34 AM
The problem is not with Miller. The problem is players like Dumont, Kotalik and Afininogenov who have barely been seen with a pulse this series.

Michael82
05-29-2006, 08:40 AM
The problem is not with Miller. The problem is players like Dumont, Kotalik and Afininogenov who have barely been seen with a pulse this series.
Great post! :bf1:

Michael82
05-29-2006, 08:54 AM
HELL NO!

The_Philster
05-29-2006, 09:09 AM
I wouldn't be totally against it. In the NLL Title game, the Bandits pulled Chugger and replaced him with Montour. It was a team loss but Chugger was letting in some goals he would've normally stopped. They made the switch and the whole team seemed to play better.
Unfortunately, Darris made the dumb move of putting Chugger back in there after the team got rolling and we lost all momentum :down:

Michael82
05-29-2006, 09:30 AM
I wouldn't be totally against it. In the NLL Title game, the Bandits pulled Chugger and replaced him with Montour. It was a team loss but Chugger was letting in some goals he would've normally stopped. They made the switch and the whole team seemed to play better.
Unfortunately, Darris made the dumb move of putting Chugger back in there after the team got rolling and we lost all momentum :down:
I still can't believe that idiot put Chugger back in. :rofl:

SpillerThrills
05-29-2006, 09:30 PM
As far as Laviolette, his 'strategy' as far as the goalie switches has been, I hate to say it, brilliant up to this point in the play-offs and may be the main reason Carolina sits where they are right now. Three times he's switched netminders, and all three times it's paid off for the team.

but if you look at it this way, in game 4 he pulled Ward for Gerber and it worked out. he played Gerber in game 5 and "had" to pull him for Ward, that worked out.... if this trend continues he'll play Ward again in game 6 and Buffalo has had a pretty good showing when Ward is in net..... we need to come out flying tuesday night and show Carolina that we're not just gonna lay down and die, I think that if we can get an early lead and continue to put pressure on the canes that we can pull this thing out. we're gonna need a few guys to step up and play to their ability though (Max and Hecht inparticular).

PUCKER
05-30-2006, 02:18 AM

Dont get me started on Maxamillion...:rolleyes:

ddaryl
05-30-2006, 04:24 AM
I see no reason to pull Miller. He's been rock solid. When Carolina scores its usually on a deflection or there hooking up on cross ice passes that get the Sabres moving in all directions.

This is where our D is hurting us. Biron wouldn't be doing any better IMO.

EpiK-KA14
05-30-2006, 07:05 AM
You cannot blame Laviolette for the moves. He is an unconventional coach that will use his time-out 2 minutes into a game if need be. He'll play 5 forwards on a powerplay or a penalty kill if we need a goal badly. And he'll make a goalie change if the team needs a spark. BOTH goalies on this team know that it's nothing personal, and everyone knows that getting pulled wasn't a result of bad goaltending by Gerber (like it was against Montreal). Gerber was pissed because he's a professional athlete, and he honestly believes he can help this team win. And he's right. But so can Ward. And sometimes you just need a small shake-up to get things going. So far it's worked. That's why the 'Canes are where they are, and that's why Laviolette has the reputation to get him the head coaching gig for the US team...