PDA

View Full Version : Say what you will about the refs

Bill Brasky
05-29-2006, 07:42 AM
I am never one to blame the refs, but some of the calls last night were absolute BS!

series tied 2-2... conference finals... in overtime... and they have the balls to completely destroy the game by calling Dumont for a penalty, which he was trying to avoid! added to the fact that the goal that tied the game came on a power play thanks to another BS call.

complete and utter BS.

sabres had their chances to win the game, but the refs GAVE carolina theirs...

has anybody else noticed how much whining carolina has done this series? they are looking for calls after every little hit, it's almost become pathetic. i guess their coach has rubbed off on them. guys like Staal dive more than guys like Roy...

it just pisses me off in close games like these the refs seem to think they have to alter the course of the game on cookie-cutter calls. i can understand blatant penalties, but when you decide the outcome of the game based on crap calls i take objection, esp in a OT game with the series tied.

Jan Reimers
05-29-2006, 07:51 AM
It also looked like Afinagenov took a stick in the face right before the Dumont penalty, but of course nothing was called. I thought the officiating hurt the Sabres last night, but good teams have to overcome incompetent officials.

YardRat
05-29-2006, 07:53 AM
Part of the game. If they're not talented enough to overcome it, then they don't deserve to win.

The_Philster
05-29-2006, 09:29 AM
Part of the game. If they're not talented enough to overcome it, then they don't deserve to win.
when teams are pretty evenly matched, any outside help given to one team is not only unfair, it destroys the sanctity of the game

Turf
05-29-2006, 09:32 AM
That was a very weak OT penalty call, and the game tying goal was an incredible dive called as a penalty.

Bill Brasky
05-29-2006, 02:52 PM
I don't have a problem with them calling dives, but call them when the other team is committing the same garbage just as often.

Nighthawk
05-29-2006, 03:04 PM
I don't have a problem with them calling dives, but call them when the other team is committing the same garbage just as often.

Very true. However, all that said, I still have this gut feeling that the Sabres will overcome this crap and win this series.

The_Philster
05-29-2006, 03:22 PM
Very true. However, all that said, I still have this gut feeling that the Sabres will overcome this crap and win this series.
:pray:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
05-29-2006, 06:27 PM

I looked this stat up last night 95% of the time that when a team wins game five goes on to win the series the SABRES have a big hurdle to get over but I'm still believing that we will win tomorrow and then game 7 you never know what can happen.

PUCKER
05-30-2006, 12:58 AM
The way the refs are 'giving' PPs to Carolina,the Sabs are going to have to REALLY try to stay out of the penalty box,because they cant stop their PP.

pyrrhonist
05-30-2006, 09:26 AM
When Max fell/flopped on that breakaway chance, I had a terrible feeling that was the game. It proved to be a true feeling. :(

As much as I was (and still am) incensed that the refs gave the 'Canes a PP on a ticky-tack call such as that, the Sabres must put the game away when they have their chance to do so. There's no excuse for Max going to the ice like he did on that breakaway. My biggest complaint about Dumont's penalty is just minutes earlier in OT, the refs were letting stuff go----or so it seemed. Then, they do a 180 and call small crap. We've got to get some damn consistency from refs......but then again, it's a problem the NHL has had for ages. :down:

EpiK-KA14
05-30-2006, 10:41 AM
I just wanted to point out that throughout this series the 'Canes have had 29 penalties and the Sabres have only had 27. That's pretty balanced.

And while I can see you guys feel that there should have been more on the 'Canes, us "rednecks" as you like to call us down here in Raleigh have seen a bunch of non-calls against the Sabres.

Overall, the officiating has been average at best. But it's been consistant both ways. Both teams got away with stuff, and both teams have had some ticky-tack stuff called on them.

Bill Brasky
05-30-2006, 12:15 PM
Yes, your squad certainly has gotten away with some things... clobbering Breire upside the head comes to mind.

Somehow, calls like that go unnoticed by the refs, but Dumont's stick penalty, which has been called less than a handful of times the entire playoffs get's noticed in an OT game. :rolleyes:

Again, I don't care if they're calling penalties, but if they call phantom garbage like that, then let major infractions go I start to take objection, especially when it determines the outcome of the game. LET THEM PLAY.

Michael82
05-30-2006, 12:16 PM
Yes, your squad certainly has gotten away with some things... clobbering Breire upside the head comes to mind.
Good post! :bf1:

They have gotten away with tons and have also cried about stuff to get the refs to give the Sabres a penalty. :ill:

PUCKER
05-31-2006, 02:23 AM
Good post! :bf1:

They have gotten away with tons and have also cried about stuff to get the refs to give the Sabres a penalty. :ill:

Ditto and then thy cried at the end of Game 6,but Im sure when they cry Thursday night the refs will cave,which is bad news for us.