PDA

View Full Version : Atmosphere and game thoughts from game 5

don137
05-29-2006, 07:56 AM
I went to game 5 and parked in section 66. By the time I strolled in around 5pm there was already a large contingent of Sabres fans in the parking lot. They were very vocal but nothing but not unruley. It felt like a Bills tailgate with lot music and chants of lets go Buffalo everywhere. In section 66 Sabre fans outnumbered Cane fans easily by a 5:1 ratio. They booed everyone doning Hurricane paraphenalia. Very great atmosphere.
Inside the barn there were easily 2-3 thousand Sabres fans with loud chants of "lets go Buffalo" throughout the game. The ushers were a$$holes. During the pre-game skate a large group of fans went down to where the Sabres were warming up and when the Sabres came out they kicked the Sabres fans out who did not have tickets but on the other side they let the Hurricane fans stick around. I went to take a leak before the game and when I went back to my seat the usher asked to see my ticket and since I left the ticket in my seat he almost didn't let me back in. Who the "F" who lie about sitting in the upper deck and why be a jerk about it telling me I have to have my ticket with me all the time and contemplating whether or not to let me back in?
The Canes fans were very cordial. There were a few dicks but but 99% of them were great and I spoke with a fair amount of them. I was very dissappointed during the national anthem that I heard multiple times screams of 'lets go Buffalo' and 'Canes sucks.' I thought that was very diesresctful.
The Sabres played great except for a 10 minute span when they went up 3-1. They went into a shell at 3-1 and did you just had a feeling that they were going to play too conservative and they did. Carolina capitalized fairly quickly and soon it was 3-3. The Sabres outplayed Carolina the rest of the game but if you want to put your one thing that made a difference in the game it was special teams. The Sabres special teams was putrid while the Canes were great at killing penalties and cycled the puck and had a great power play. The officiating was a little bit on the side with the Canes but overall they did a decent job. I saw Staal be an ass to Drury. Drury dropped his stick and when he went back to get it Staal swiped at the stick making it go further away.

JD
05-29-2006, 10:58 PM
I was in section 66 too.. "Sabres Alley" is where we parked. I also went to visit the other big sabres area that they called "Chippewa"..good times for sure at both. I was the guy selling the "Unpuckin believable" t-shirts. I was so hammered, and my buddy who went with me was so plastered that he didnt even make it into the game..he passed out with puke all over him and refused to give up his ticket lol.. So I sat alone i my club-reserved area seats. But I invited some wasted sabres fan to sit down since he could barely stand..He held up my big sabres banner with me..we were in section 110..top of the 100's..anyone see us?? We were loud as hell. We could hear the chants very clearly...

And lets get one thing straight. 70% of the hurricanes crowd is women and children...when they would score it was a screech..loud scream. And their horn is deafening..thats the only reason its as loud as it is in their building is because of their god damn horn..if you notice the top of their arena has them all over.. Not a loud crowd without the insanely loud music+ear drum bleeding air horn..

PUCKER
05-30-2006, 02:21 AM
I would NEVER leave my ticket alone. I always have it in my pocket. Glad you both had a good time,though.