PDA

View Full Version : They're done

Billscusey
05-29-2006, 08:04 AM
That's it for the Sabres. I love 'em and all, and want nothing more than to see them win the whole thing, but just watching them out there against Carolina, they just don't look like they really care anymore. Remember the passion that kept them in it in game one against Ottawa? "Sens are gonna score 6 goals? Ok, we'll score 7!" And let's not forget all those shorthanded goals! Those are the marks of a team that wants to win BADLY. Before this series, I believed the Sabres could take on the Devil himself in a game of hockey and beat him. Now.....ugh. It's like they accomplished what no one thought they would, and they are now content with that. "Yeah, we beat Ottawa, that's all we came for...we want to start our vacations now."

Come on, do they have to go out like this? Last night's game was better than Friday's for sure, but honestly, did you ever get the feeling, even when Buffalo was winning 3-1, that they would ever win it? Somehow that loss just seemed inevitable.

don137
05-29-2006, 08:07 AM
They outplayed Carolina for all but 10 minutes of the game yesterday. They never gave up. The difference is special teams. We are too close to give up.

PUCKER
05-30-2006, 01:35 AM
The difference is special teams.

Ditto. A BIG difference. We cant stop their PP. The solution is simple: Try and stay out of the penalty box.

ddaryl
05-30-2006, 02:00 AM
Although the Sabres played a better game in game 5 I didn;t feel they really outplayed them.

Carolina is just making Buffalo work twice as hard for their opportunities.