PDA

View Full Version : Sad Story, Fallen Soldier

STAMPY
05-29-2006, 08:40 AM
Yesterday was a really sad day for me. I cried. I usually don't show emotion, but i could not hold it in. Yesterday i visited my grandparents. Figured it would be an ordinary visit. It was NOT. I used to live on same block as my grandparents.

I find out yesterday the kid across street from me died in IRAQ. We used to play manhunt, baseball, Kill the man with ball. I had moved 15 years ago from that street, but i remembered him dearly. They had a memorial on the block. News was there and they made a nice presentation. Renamed my block from Tracy Lane to Bobby Pope Way. The saddest part was when i approached his mother. And the moment she saw me she started crying and said i look familiar. I was like ya i lived here 15 years ago, i remember bobby. They recognized me after all these years. It was very sad. Poor family. He had a son and wife too. Only 20 years old. Life is so short, so precious at times.

I guess the only positive if any is he died as a hero, fighting for his country.

STAMPY
05-29-2006, 08:47 AM
http://iraq.pigstye.net/article.php/PopeRobert

LtFinFan66
05-29-2006, 08:49 AM
Sorry Stampy!!! :pray: Prayers to all affected!!

STAMPY
05-29-2006, 08:51 AM
The father had a really good speech. He called his son his hero

Jan Reimers
05-29-2006, 09:03 AM
Sorry, Stampy. Must have been a very sad day for you.

STAMPY
05-29-2006, 09:06 AM
Nothing compared to the family. But it's always sad to hear someone from any part of your life passes

THE END OF ALL DAYS
05-29-2006, 09:22 AM
God Bless this young man. Sorry for your loss Stampy. The Greatest Generation is back. These young men and women will redefine our country and make it better I Pray.

STAMPY
05-29-2006, 09:49 AM
i posted this in wrong place. can someone move this to twilight zone

LtBillsFan66
05-29-2006, 10:24 AM
Sorry man.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
05-29-2006, 10:42 AM
i posted this in wrong place. can someone move this to twilight zone

I see no reason to move this thread. Its memorial day. Lets remember!

THATHURMANATOR
05-29-2006, 09:27 PM
Yesterday was a really sad day for me. I cried. I usually don't show emotion, but i could not hold it in. Yesterday i visited my grandparents. Figured it would be an ordinary visit. It was NOT. I used to live on same block as my grandparents.

I find out yesterday the kid across street from me died in IRAQ. We used to play manhunt, baseball, Kill the man with ball. I had moved 15 years ago from that street, but i remembered him dearly. They had a memorial on the block. News was there and they made a nice presentation. Renamed my block from Tracy Lane to Bobby Pope Way. The saddest part was when i approached his mother. And the moment she saw me she started crying and said i look familiar. I was like ya i lived here 15 years ago, i remember bobby. They recognized me after all these years. It was very sad. Poor family. He had a son and wife too. Only 20 years old. Life is so short, so precious at times.

I guess the only positive if any is he died as a hero, fighting for his country.

Sorry to hear this man!

Dr. Lecter
05-29-2006, 09:33 PM
Sorry to hear that Stampy.

We can leave it here for now so people can read it.

PUCKER
05-29-2006, 11:59 PM
:( Sorry Stamps. :pray:

bigbub2352
05-30-2006, 09:52 AM
he is a hero for fighting for his country, sorry to hear the bad news stampy

justasportsfan
05-30-2006, 10:09 AM
Sorry bro! My prayers go out to his family.

Billsrock4life
05-30-2006, 01:56 PM
sorry to hear this man