PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to kill Scott Norwood

Fatwhite02
02-13-2003, 10:50 PM
This has been bothering me for a while. The person I hate most in this world is Scott Norwood. Personally I want to stab him in the chest with an ice pick. I just had to get it off my chest. How do you guys feel about this bum.

Doc
02-13-2003, 11:01 PM
Get a clue. It wasn't Norwood's fault he was left to kick a 47-yard (at the end of his FG range) FG on grass (he was used to playing on turf) to either win or lose the Superbowl. Put the blame where it belonged: on the coaching staff, Kelly, Reed, and the defense. Had either the coaching staff OR Kelly had the good sense to keep feeding the ball to Thurman, the Bills would have won the SB. Had Reed made routine catches instead of hearing footsteps, the Bills would have won. Had the defense made even a key stop on 3rd down, the Bills would have won. Hell I wouldn't have bet a plug nickel on Morten Andersen making that FG, much less Scott Norwood.

Ð
02-13-2003, 11:06 PM
Buffalo Chicken Kickers (http://zernon.advances.net/modern_cuisine/show03/dominos/dominos_wmp_dsl.html)

WG
02-13-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Fatwhite02
This has been bothering me for a while. The person I hate most in this world is Scott Norwood. Personally I want to stab him in the chest with an ice pick. I just had to get it off my chest. How do you guys feel about this bum.

Welcome to BillsZone 02!!!

Welcome to 2003 as well...

:D

kgun12
02-13-2003, 11:30 PM
FW2

Get real, you can also blame it on Thruman, the play before the fieldgoal Thrum caught the ball and had a chance to go out of bounds on around the 31 yardline, with about 26 seconds left, and no timeouts. Instead he tried for more yardage and was tackled at the 30 yardline clock running the Bills had to line up and stop the clock. I know it in Thrums nature to try and score but in that situation you are taught from Pee Wee leagues GET OUT OF BOUNDS. Had he done that they could have run 3 more play to at least get closer for the FG or maybe even score. NO I don't hate Scott I admire Him for being a stand up guy ever since the kick no excusses just I missed. BTW speaking of excusses have you ever heard F. Reich talk about the kick, (he was the holder). He said right after the kick was gone he looked at Scott and said win won, because Scoot kicked it where their pregame and halftime practice told them it had to start outside the right goalpost because the wind was pushing it left. He said knowing what they new from the practice if they had to try the kick 100 more time Scott would kick it the same way, and he would have made it probably 99. That Franks words not mine.

GET OVER IT DUDE IT WAS ONE OF THE GREATEST SUPERBOWLS EVER PLAYED! Would I have liked to have won it know dought, but it was a great game.

kgun12
02-13-2003, 11:36 PM

Welcome I think?
:confused: :jk:

northernbillfan
02-14-2003, 05:19 AM
Welcome to the Zone Fatwhite.

I don't agree with wishing death upon anyone. That was the start of a very unfortunate time in the Bills history. And it all started with that kick.

DO you realize Scott Norwood is living with major depression, because of that kick? That is a fate worse than death. He has his personal hell to live with, we can move on, unfortunately, he can't.

Earthquake Enyart
02-14-2003, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by northernbillfan

DO you realize Scott Norwood is living with major depression, because of that kick? That is a fate worse than death. He has his personal hell to live with, we can move on, unfortunately, he can't.

What about my own personal hell?

I'm with ya fatwhite.

Let's get Danny Smith next.

Judge
02-14-2003, 08:10 AM
Welcome to the Zone Fatwhite.

I don't agree with wishing death upon anyone. That was the start of a very unfortunate time in the Bills history. And it all started with that kick.

This isn't true. Stop spreading these BS stories. Norwood is fine- I saw him interviewed not that long ago and he's doing well.

He has nothing to be ashamed of for that game.

Shame on you Fatwhite for posting that, and to NBF for the false info.

Ebenezer
02-14-2003, 08:23 AM

That was not needed...

TedMock
02-14-2003, 08:24 AM
He's actually a rather successful financial planner in northers virginia. I know this because I'm in that business and we tried recruiting him.

Billz_fan
02-14-2003, 09:50 AM
I got no problems with Scott or Thurman or anyone there at SB XXV. Do I wish we had been able to get Christie a year or 2 earlier, you bet :D

I remember the play kgun12 posted about and Thurman not getting out of bounds. Yes that could have changed things. If Scottys kick did go through though. Thurman would have been MVP of the Super Bowl. He had a great game.

Norwood had a good career in Buffalo for the most part. I do think that the strength of the player in the position may have been overlooked just a little by the coaches, GM, etc when putting that team together. Scott was an accurate kicker inside 40 yards but when they lined up and went to commercial I told my buddies it was to far for him. I knew it was going to miss :(

Face it we lost. We lost to an inferior team talent wise with a backup QB. It should not have come to that FG for the win. We had the talent to blow them out and it didn't happen.

lordofgun
02-14-2003, 09:56 AM
A 47-yarder is never a gimmee.

MissBuffalo
02-14-2003, 11:39 AM
OMG--I'm having flashbacks from the movie Buffalo 66. Vince, is that you????

kgun12
02-14-2003, 12:13 PM
Let me clarify what I meant, I am NOT blaming Thruman for the game. He was the MVP in my eyes, I'm just saying if hind sight was 20/20 he would have gotten out of bounds so we could have gotten closer. There was a whole brunch of plays you can point to. A lot of people are on GW's case about his game day miscues, while marv go into the Hll of Fame and rightly so, BUT he managed a trerrible game in SB25. like someone said earlier we should have just kept giving Thruman the ball until thet came out of that 2-5 defennse, and that has to come from the sidelines!

northernbillfan
02-14-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Judge
This isn't true. Stop spreading these BS stories. Norwood is fine- I saw him interviewed not that long ago and he's doing well.

He has nothing to be ashamed of for that game.

Shame on you Fatwhite for posting that, and to NBF for the false info.
Let me clarify what I said too.

I only heard that Norwood was clinically depressed after missing that kick.

If I have used some misleading informartion, I am sorry.

Ebenezer
02-14-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by MissBuffalo
OMG--I'm having flashbacks from the movie Buffalo 66. Vince, is that you????

mmmmm.....Christina Ricci dancing on a pole to King Crimson's Moonchild....I could see that seen about 50 more times....:evil:

:biggrin:

casdhf
02-14-2003, 02:40 PM

Let me clarify what I said too.

I only heard that Norwood was clinically depressed after missing that kick.

If I have used some misleading informartion, I am sorry.

I'm sure he was after that game, but he's over it now

The_Philster
02-14-2003, 03:00 PM
That was about the dumbest statement on an opening post I've ever seen. :shakeno: If we were to blame any one person for that loss ot would be Dickerson ...the DL coach whose boys couldn't tackle.

MissBuffalo
02-14-2003, 04:27 PM
That is a great scene EB. I have the movie on DVD, you can borrow it if ya like when I get back in town.

Dozerdog
02-14-2003, 05:18 PM
I gotta get that -

Ebenezer
02-14-2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by MissBuffalo
That is a great scene EB. I have the movie on DVD, you can borrow it if ya like when I get back in town.

I might take you up on that but I don't have a DVD player.

I have only seen Buffalo 66 once...I just got a new idea for a thread!

Billz_fan
02-15-2003, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by kgun12
Let me clarify what I meant, I am NOT blaming Thruman for the game. He was the MVP in my eyes, I'm just saying if hind sight was 20/20 he would have gotten out of bounds so we could have gotten closer. There was a whole brunch of plays you can point to. A lot of people are on GW's case about his game day miscues, while marv go into the Hll of Fame and rightly so, BUT he managed a trerrible game in SB25. like someone said earlier we should have just kept giving Thruman the ball until thet came out of that 2-5 defennse, and that has to come from the sidelines!

I realize what you said in the context you said it :) Perhaps I just didn't word my response to clarify such :up: I agree with you there are many things in the game that could have changed the outcome.

Unfortunatly no one remembers anything but "who touched the ball last" :(

A team that hangs the championship on the kicker definatly made some mistakes along the way. Especially in this game where the better team lost.

PA Season Ticket Holder
02-15-2003, 01:29 AM
I'm pissed he missed the FG, but I wouldn't kill him over it.

kgun12
02-15-2003, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by PA Season Ticket Holder
I'm pissed he missed the FG, but I wouldn't kill him over it.

PA well said!:beer: