PDA

View Full Version : I'm very confident that the Sabres will win this series.

Nighthawk
05-29-2006, 12:48 PM
Don't ask me why. I should have gloom and doom on the mind, but I just feel something that tells me that this team is going to win tomorrow night and then go in and beat Carolina in their own house. Most of the time I am very pessimistic, bu for some reason, I just have a gut feeling that they are going to do it. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

GO SABRES!

SABuffalo786
05-29-2006, 01:12 PM
I really think a lot of this hinges on Numminen.

Nighthawk
05-29-2006, 02:58 PM
Yeah, true. It's time he sucked it up and played. How many times has he gotten this far in his career? Exactly...let's see how much heart he has.

Jan Reimers
05-29-2006, 03:24 PM
We need to get Numminen back, Mad Max flying around the ice, Miller standing on his head, and the rest of the guys playing like they have whenever we've been down this season.

Winning 2 in a row from the Canes is very possible.

Bill Brasky
05-29-2006, 03:36 PM
Yeah, true. It's time he sucked it up and played. How many times has he gotten this far in his career? Exactly...let's see how much heart he has.

I think we have seen by him not being in the lineup.

Not knocking the guy, I don't know his exact situation, but when you are this far into your career, opportunities like this might not come again.

If you're even at 50 or 60% you get out there and play. There have been guys with far worse injuries that have sucked it up and played.

don137
05-29-2006, 03:58 PM
The Canes have gotten a lot of bounces go there way this series. How many times have they scored off a funny bounce off the boards, a deflection off a Sabres player or a power play due to a questionable call. I do think the Canes are also pulling fast ones over on the officials. Fitzgerald was called for interference yesterday when he was tangled along the boards. It appeared that Fitzgerald tried to get untangled but the Canes player was making it appear like he was trying to get away but couldn't. Fitzgerald was very upset with the official at the call which reinforced my thought the Canes player was faking the interference. Then Dumonts penalty in overtime was due to Cullen holding the stick making it appear that he was hooked. The officials are getting hoodwinked by the Canes players.
The Sabres are way overdue to have a break go there way. The Canes won yesterday off a lucky bounce yet were out played for 60 of the 70 minutes. The Sabres need to crash the net area.

Ebenezer
05-29-2006, 04:14 PM
I'm very confident that the Sabres will not survive the 1st period. They gave it their all last night. How much can they have left in the tank and how demoralizing was that loss?

All I know is that I will be in a laboratory with no AM reception for 16 hours. This is not going to be pleasant.

mchurchfie
05-29-2006, 05:02 PM
If you're even at 50 or 60% you get out there and play. There have been guys with far worse injuries that have sucked it up and played.
Unless your Dom.

Philagape
05-29-2006, 05:54 PM
Teppo absolutely must play. The cliche "leave it all out there" applies even more to him because he's near the end of his career anyway. If he ever wants to win the Cup, then he has nothing to lose. His very professional purpose is on the line. He can still contribute not only with his play, but as an example, as a leader.

The Sabres know they can win both games, they know they can win on the road. They know what they're capable of. They've been through adversity before. NOW DO IT!!!!!!! :mad:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
05-29-2006, 06:56 PM

You know what this is rediculous He's 37 yr's old I think he knows when he can or cannot go! STOP second guessing him! ~ Jim Lorentz, last night in the pre-game.

Novacane
05-29-2006, 07:07 PM
I think they've just run out of gas.

Ebenezer
05-29-2006, 08:40 PM
Tomorrow will be the typical "first 10 minutes" Buffalo will try to throw everything at them.

PcA125
05-29-2006, 09:03 PM
Have faith... crazier things have happened. Its only 2 games

PUCKER
05-30-2006, 01:09 AM
Dont count on Teppo being back,based on Lindys response. I can see us winning this game 4-3,but we have got to stay out of the penalty box,because their PP is absolutely killing us.

ddaryl
05-30-2006, 04:12 AM
Back a snake in a corner and it will coil and strike.

Sabres are this kind of a team IMO, one that has an extra gear when there back is against the wall.

don137
05-30-2006, 06:15 AM
One thing to remember is Carolina has a lot of key players in there 30's. I think some of them are losing some gas. The Sabres won a lot of the face-offs in game 5 and and clearly outplayed them in all but 10 minutes of game 5. We just need to improve the special teams.

EpiK-KA14
05-30-2006, 06:57 AM
One thing to remember is Carolina has a lot of key players in there 30's. I think some of them are losing some gas. The Sabres won a lot of the face-offs in game 5 and and clearly outplayed them in all but 10 minutes of game 5. We just need to improve the special teams.

You have got to be kidding me. One thing that does not get a lot of attention around the league is the conditioning program of the Hurricanes. We pride ourselves on being second to none. It officially starts at day one of training camp, but unofficially it starts several months before that, led by Brind'Amour. There was a reason the 'Canes were something like 30-1-1 if they entered the 3rd period with a lead. And you also have to remember that both teams had a nice break before this series started. The 'Canes played horrible Sunday, but it wasn't due to conditioning. Unlike the first four games of the series, the team that played better didn't win. And it probably will be the deciding factor in this series. We stole one.

On one other front, would you guys quit with the penalty thing? From a 'Canes perspective, I've been in shock at some of the stuff not called on you guys. It's just the way it goes. There has yet to be a playoff game in the history of this league where fans of the losing team didn't blame it on the refs. Good teams overcome that. That's why BOTH the 'Canes and the Sabres are in the Eastern Conference Finals.

There will be at least one more game in this series, and I for one am both confident and nervous, because the Sabres are a dangerous team, especially at home. This series is not in the bag for us by a long shot. But if we do take it, it won't be because of the refs, and it won't be because of injuries (Remember: Cole, Vasicek, Tverdosky, etc.) it will be because we were the better team.

Hopefully both teams will leave it all on the ice the rest of the way, and let the best team win.

Go 'Canes!

Jan Reimers
05-30-2006, 08:38 AM
The one thing I know for sure is that this team will not fold up or go in the tank.

Win or lose, the Sabres will battle hard for 60 minutes. And that's all you can ask of any team.

MTBillsFan
05-30-2006, 02:52 PM
Cliche time, One game at a time! Heck, one period at a time. in this case. I don't care if we win by one goal or 5 goals tonight, if its ugly or one of the best games we've played all year. WIN THIS GAME anything happens in Game 7!
GO SABRES!!

Nighthawk
05-31-2006, 06:23 AM
Cliche time, One game at a time! Heck, one period at a time. in this case. I don't care if we win by one goal or 5 goals tonight, if its ugly or one of the best games we've played all year. WIN THIS GAME anything happens in Game 7!
GO SABRES!!

Exactly! Here we go...game 7...

Bring it home SABRES!

don137
05-31-2006, 07:49 AM
I truly believe the Hurricanes are tiring. The Sabres clearly were outplaying them until the Sabres went into conservative mode. One the Canes tied it up the Sabres turned it up again and outplayed them the rest of the way.