I'm very confident that the Sabres will win this series.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

I'm very confident that the Sabres will win this series.

Don't ask me why. I should have gloom and doom on the mind, but I just feel something that tells me that this team is going to win tomorrow night and then go in and beat Carolina in their own house. Most of the time I am very pessimistic, bu for some reason, I just have a gut feeling that they are going to do it. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

GO SABRES!
  • SABuffalo786
    • Feb 2003

Re: I'm very confident that the Sabres will win this serious.

I really think a lot of this hinges on Numminen.
    "Do me a favor, say a prayer for brother Timmy. And tip a cold one. Go Bills." - Tom Brokaw

We are the Rockpile
    We are the Rockpile
    We are the Rockpile
    BUFF-A-LO

Comment

• Nighthawk
      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
      • Jul 2002

Yeah, true. It's time he sucked it up and played. How many times has he gotten this far in his career? Exactly...let's see how much heart he has.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

We need to get Numminen back, Mad Max flying around the ice, Miller standing on his head, and the rest of the guys playing like they have whenever we've been down this season.

Winning 2 in a row from the Canes is very possible.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Bill Brasky
          Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nighthawk
          Yeah, true. It's time he sucked it up and played. How many times has he gotten this far in his career? Exactly...let's see how much heart he has.
          I think we have seen by him not being in the lineup.

Not knocking the guy, I don't know his exact situation, but when you are this far into your career, opportunities like this might not come again.

If you're even at 50 or 60% you get out there and play. There have been guys with far worse injuries that have sucked it up and played.

Comment

• don137
            • Jul 2002

The Canes have gotten a lot of bounces go there way this series. How many times have they scored off a funny bounce off the boards, a deflection off a Sabres player or a power play due to a questionable call. I do think the Canes are also pulling fast ones over on the officials. Fitzgerald was called for interference yesterday when he was tangled along the boards. It appeared that Fitzgerald tried to get untangled but the Canes player was making it appear like he was trying to get away but couldn't. Fitzgerald was very upset with the official at the call which reinforced my thought the Canes player was faking the interference. Then Dumonts penalty in overtime was due to Cullen holding the stick making it appear that he was hooked. The officials are getting hoodwinked by the Canes players.
            The Sabres are way overdue to have a break go there way. The Canes won yesterday off a lucky bounce yet were out played for 60 of the 70 minutes. The Sabres need to crash the net area.

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

I'm very confident that the Sabres will not survive the 1st period. They gave it their all last night. How much can they have left in the tank and how demoralizing was that loss?

All I know is that I will be in a laboratory with no AM reception for 16 hours. This is not going to be pleasant.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• mchurchfie
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jfreeman
                If you're even at 50 or 60% you get out there and play. There have been guys with far worse injuries that have sucked it up and played.
                Unless your Dom.
                My Band
                daveviterna.com

Comment

• Philagape
                  WIN NOW
                  • Jul 2002

Teppo absolutely must play. The cliche "leave it all out there" applies even more to him because he's near the end of his career anyway. If he ever wants to win the Cup, then he has nothing to lose. His very professional purpose is on the line. He can still contribute not only with his play, but as an example, as a leader.

The Sabres know they can win both games, they know they can win on the road. They know what they're capable of. They've been through adversity before. NOW DO IT!!!!!!!
                  "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                  2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                    You know what this is rediculous He's 37 yr's old I think he knows when he can or cannot go! STOP second guessing him! ~ Jim Lorentz, last night in the pre-game.

Comment

• Novacane
                      • Jul 2002

I think they've just run out of gas.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

Tomorrow will be the typical "first 10 minutes" Buffalo will try to throw everything at them.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• PcA125
                          • May 2006

Have faith... crazier things have happened. Its only 2 games
                          Cheers!

Comment

• PUCKER
                            • Sep 2004

Dont count on Teppo being back,based on Lindys response. I can see us winning this game 4-3,but we have got to stay out of the penalty box,because their PP is absolutely killing us.
                            Zapper's Hit List:
                            SABURZFAN -
                            SabreEleven -

pjw aka Mini -
                            Billsology -

Join BDZ today!!!
                            http://www.billszone.com/http://www....ad.php?t=72979

Comment

• ddaryl
                              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                              • Jan 2005

Back a snake in a corner and it will coil and strike.

Sabres are this kind of a team IMO, one that has an extra gear when there back is against the wall.

Comment

Working...
                              X