PDA

View Full Version : Fletch comments on Whitner.

patmoran2006
05-29-2006, 02:11 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/teamReport?categoryId=67039&type=InsideSlant

Sounds like a pretty ringing endorsement on the kid if you ask me.

Drive 4 Five
05-29-2006, 07:08 PM
Well no one asked you. Just kidding man.

Of course we all know that Donte will have to be the second coming of Ronnie Lott to justify the pick to our fans. The opinion of an NFL linebacker (and a good one at that) simply will not suffice.

Don't Panic
05-30-2006, 10:59 AM
Combine this with the Cover 2 article and it get's one optimistic, at least defensively. With Clements now in the fold, I think our defense is going to be very solid... flirting witht he top 10 solid. Still not convinced we can shut down the run this way, but there should be a lot of big play opportunites and no big passing gains.

OpIv37
05-30-2006, 11:03 AM
Combine this with the Cover 2 article and it get's one optimistic, at least defensively. With Clements now in the fold, I think our defense is going to be very solid... flirting witht he top 10 solid. Still not convinced we can shut down the run this way, but there should be a lot of big play opportunites and no big passing gains.

the article on the Tampa 2 said that the DL has to generate pressure on the QB. Other than Schobel, who on our DL can do that? This D will be in the bottom half of the league, maybe even the bottom third.

ublinkwescore
05-31-2006, 07:36 AM
Wys is that you?

Statman
05-31-2006, 11:27 AM
Yeah, I think our secondary is going to be great. Could possibly be the four leading tacklers on the team.

That's always a good sign.

billsburgh
05-31-2006, 04:03 PM
the article on the Tampa 2 said that the DL has to generate pressure on the QB. Other than Schobel, who on our DL can do that? This D will be in the bottom half of the league, maybe even the bottom third.
I havent seen much of Tripplet play with the colts. Is he any good at gettng after the qb?

OpIv37
05-31-2006, 04:29 PM
I havent seen much of Tripplet play with the colts. Is he any good at gettng after the qb?

good question- I don't know either. Anyone?

Mr. Pink
05-31-2006, 04:33 PM
Well Larry has played 60 NFL games and has 5 sacks.

4 of them coming last season.

justasportsfan
05-31-2006, 04:35 PM
Don't know either but when Dungy was interviewed about the "James" loss, he threw out Tripplet's name and mentioned that he was ahuge loss to them and they need to find his replacement.

billsburgh
05-31-2006, 05:29 PM
Well Larry has played 60 NFL games and has 5 sacks.

4 of them coming last season.
that doesn't make me feel much better. hopefully he still has some untapped potential.

mysticsoto
05-31-2006, 05:44 PM
Don't know either but when Dungy was interviewed about the "James" loss, he threw out Tripplet's name and mentioned that he was ahuge loss to them and they need to find his replacement.

I've heard essentially the same thing from other analysts. I think Tripplet was a good grab. Remember that at the beginning of the last season, it was the defense of the Colts that was really winning the games - not the offense...I get the impression that he fits the cover 2 defensive scheme well. Whatever you think about the "draft value" of our picks, you can't argue that the personnel fit the style of defense being implemented very well!!!

patmoran2006
05-31-2006, 09:04 PM
Yeah, I think our secondary is going to be great. Could possibly be the four leading tacklers on the team.

That's always a good sign.
hahahahaha.