PDA

View Full Version : How would you rate the RBs for the rookie draft

DrForbes
05-29-2006, 08:54 PM
I was rating the positions this weekend and found RB to be a interesting quandry.

I put Bush #1, but with some hesitancy. As far as I can tell the league rates the position based exclusively by yardage.

I could project Bush collecting 500-600 yards rushing and 700-800 yards recieving.

That's 1200-1400 yards. As long as McAlister is there, I don't see 1000 yds rushing seasons.

I put D. Williams a close second and L. White next. Both are on teams that focus on the RB position. Addai I still am flip flopping on. Maroney I like but that offense is to diverse.

Any other thoughts on the subject.

Devin
05-29-2006, 09:08 PM
I rank White hire simply because I believe he is in a better position to succeed quicker.

Forward_Lateral
05-29-2006, 09:24 PM
I'd tell everyone my rankings, but then I'd have to kill everyone.

L.A. Playa
05-29-2006, 09:55 PM
I was rating the positions this weekend and found RB to be a interesting quandry.

I put Bush #1, but with some hesitancy. As far as I can tell the league rates the position based exclusively by yardage.

I could project Bush collecting 500-600 yards rushing and 700-800 yards recieving.

That's 1200-1400 yards. As long as McAlister is there, I don't see 1000 yds rushing seasons.

I put D. Williams a close second and L. White next. Both are on teams that focus on the RB position. Addai I still am flip flopping on. Maroney I like but that offense is to diverse.

Any other thoughts on the subject.

dont forget Bush's threat as a return man

Ebenezer
05-29-2006, 11:52 PM
Bush is not going to return anything in the NFL...

Forbes...that is the same reasoning that drove Houston to go with Williams...who was the better choice.

Canadian'eh!
05-30-2006, 06:58 AM
Bush wil return kicks in the NFL i am pretty sure.... maybe not punts... but at least until the RB situation clears itself up in NO.

McAllister has a history of injuries... so it'd be no surprise if Bush ends up starting at some point this year full time.... if not this year, then sometime in the next couple he certainly will.

madness
05-30-2006, 08:02 AM
I would consider Addai the darkhorse of the bunch. He's been very impressive in minicamps so far and the Colts will continue to use a one-back set. Even if he doesn't win the starting job, he will most likely get a decent amount of touches. Manning is also completely aware how the running game makes it easier for him to disect opposing defenses. He even has already stated that whoever wins the RB position will be racking up major yards this season.