PDA

View Full Version : *If* we lose this series...

MikeInRoch
05-30-2006, 11:20 AM
I hope that most fans realize that this was still a very successful season. Let's face facts - at the begninning of the season, many weren't sure if we would make the playoffs. If you said at that time that the Sabres would be in the Conference Finals, we all would have been happy with that, even if they don't win the cup.

Also, the future is bright for the Sabres. We have a good, young team. We are only going upwards.

SABuffalo786
05-30-2006, 01:34 PM
Word.

northernbillfan
05-30-2006, 01:59 PM
Amen to those sentiments.

Remember each and every home game during the playoffs is also worth $1 million in profit for the team. That means extra bucks for next season when the cap goes up by a few million.

The success of both the Sabres and the Oilers, heck even the Canes, shows that the cap worked and that small market teams can be and are viable.

Not too bad for a couple of teams that everyone thought wouldn't even get a sniff at the playoffs.

SkateZilla
05-30-2006, 02:03 PM
Preach!!

gannd
05-30-2006, 02:36 PM
Every season you get a feeling on if your team is moving in the right direction. No matter what happends tonight I see a well ballanced team in Buffalo that is built for the new NHL and has a bright future. I hope this year forces your owners to spend a bit more cash next next year. And smart GM's will rule the new NHL, yes I'm pointing and laughing at the Tampa Bay GM
:oops:

Depth at defense in the playoffs is a must as each goal becomes that much more important as production does go down when players let it all out in effort. It seems that you can either build a high powered offense for the regualr season or build a depth team that is well ballanced.

If you guys lose today it still will be noted as a great year. And one that was sidetracked by the lack of depth at the defensive position, and lack of bolstering the lineup at the trade deadline. I see no reason why you guys couldnt have kept Noronen and traded Biron to the many teams that wanted a goalie for a solid #2 or 3 Dman.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/columnist.jsp?content=20060529_093623_1780

MTBillsFan
05-30-2006, 02:45 PM
Who'd a thunk it. It's been a great ride! HOWEVER, The season's not over yet! I don't hear no fat lady singing or even warming up her pipes!

GO SABRES!!

northernbillfan
05-30-2006, 02:50 PM
Heck she's not even clearing her throat yet.

Ebenezer
05-30-2006, 11:04 PM
it will be interesting to read the comments if they lose game 7...

PUCKER
05-30-2006, 11:12 PM
Thats why I said yesterday in one of the threads that IF they lost tonight,I hoped the fans would cheer them and not boo. I know we are hungry for a championship,but who wouldve thought back in October we would be playing almost into June?

Bill Brasky
05-30-2006, 11:56 PM
I hope that most fans realize that this was still a very successful season. Let's face facts - at the begninning of the season, many weren't sure if we would make the playoffs. If you said at that time that the Sabres would be in the Conference Finals, we all would have been happy with that, even if they don't win the cup.

Also, the future is bright for the Sabres. We have a good, young team. We are only going upwards.

copycat thread

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=100986

SABuffalo786
05-31-2006, 12:51 AM
Win or lose Thursday, I'm so delirously proud of this team, it's ridiculous.

MikeInRoch
05-31-2006, 08:23 AM
copycat thread

Well, yeah, except mine was first... :D