X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chernobylwraiths
    • Jan 2003

Around the Horn

Some guy from Dallas, I think, was on and was the only one to mention hockey. He was the first out of the show and before they turned him off (if you know how they do that show) he said, "I got the Rangers (Texas) onto the show, I got the Oilers onto the show, I got the Buffalo Sabres onto the show..." and they turned him off. The way he got the Sabres on was Roddick losing in the first round was the topic and he said something to the effect of, "maybe he's wants to get home to watch the Sabres vs. the Hurricanes..."

I now like this guy. I'll have to check out what he writes. ESPN does not put enough hockey stuff on.
  • RockStar36
    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
    • Sep 2004

Re: Around the Horn

ESPN blows. I hate that they dictate so much in sports.

D & S Sports

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
      • Jan 2003

Just saw after the second cut, the last two were asked who they were rooting for in tonight's game. Adande for LA said Buffalo because he wants to see a game seven. He went on to say that Buffalo vs. Edmonton sounds a lot more old school then Edmonton Carolina. Bob Ryan then said that he was right but for the wrong reason. It should be Buffalo because the hockey fans in Carolina were just too wussy to live in Buffalo. Then he said that Buffalo DESERVES a Stanley Cup Championship. And I never like Bob Ryan before either.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
        Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
        ESPN does not put enough hockey stuff on.
        ABC and ESPN are owned by Disney. ABC has rights to the NBA Gayoffs... therefore, they must talk about every layup made in the past 3 weeks.

Who gives a ****, though?

ESPN has sucked for a couple years now... do you really want to get your hockey news from those ******s?

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jfreeman
          ABC and ESPN are owned by Disney. ABC has rights to the NBA Gayoffs... therefore, they must talk about every layup made in the past 3 weeks.

Who gives a ****, though?

ESPN has sucked for a couple years now... do you really want to get your hockey news from those ******s?
          they don't give a hoot about hockey...jfree is right...it is nothing more than cross-promotion

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• ddaryl
            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
            • Jan 2005

ESPN has no vested interest. They didn't even makemuch of an effort to work out a TV contract with Hockey.

I bet ESPN low balled the NHL with its offer, figuring the NHL desperately needs ESPN, and when the NHL called the bluff ESPN put the screws to the NHL as much as it could.

I agree ESPN is no longer the credible source for great spports reporting it used to be back in the day.

Comment

Working...
            X