PDA

View Full Version : If your boss told you...

Tatonka
05-31-2006, 07:10 AM
you could come in on saturday, but you didnt have to, would you wake up on saturday morning and go to work or go to the pool?

Ebenezer
05-31-2006, 07:26 AM
This is always part of the discussion of "professionalism". Many employers (and people I know) expect salaried employees to work when work is needed to get done...working extra hours is part of the job. I don't really have an opinion of those that want to call themselves "professional" or not but many people I have worked with do not think people who "punch the clock" fit the catagory.

Night Train
05-31-2006, 07:27 AM
I'm sorry. I was toweling off at the pool.

You were saying ?

Tatonka
05-31-2006, 08:52 AM
you didnt answer the question eb.

justasportsfan
05-31-2006, 08:57 AM
For the millions that they are being paid? I'd live in the facility. These guy make more money in one season than most people see in their entire life. There simply is no reason for them not to be there unless it's a family emergency. Some people have to work 2 to 3 jobs all year to make ends meet.

Something makes me wonder if Marv is okay with this since he's always ran a beach resort type of camp.

Stewie
05-31-2006, 08:57 AM
If I was a star employee, then no. If I thought I'd get in better with my boss, or I was working my way up the org chart... then hell yes I'd show up...

eyedog
05-31-2006, 09:08 AM
They only need to be there a couple of hours. Cripe it's not like they have eight hour practices.

ICE74129
05-31-2006, 09:36 AM
you could come in on saturday, but you didnt have to, would you wake up on saturday morning and go to work or go to the pool?

It doesn't matter. When its time for a promotion and the guy that did come in on saturday gets it where as you and your pool time didnt....dont' *****.

justasportsfan
05-31-2006, 09:44 AM
It doesn't matter. When its time for a promotion and the guy that did come in on saturday gets it where as you and your pool time didnt....dont' *****.Not always. When the guy that hangs out in the pool finally comes to work and starts selling a product and makes more money for the company, he get's the job. It's all about performing and who's more productive on gameday.

ICE74129
05-31-2006, 10:07 AM
Not always. When the guy that hangs out in the pool finally comes to work and starts selling a product and makes more money for the company, he get's the job. It's all about performing and who's more productive on gameday.

It almost never works that way.

justasportsfan
05-31-2006, 10:15 AM
It almost never works that way.In your pop warner world where parents can complain that their kid that sucks put in more time. :snicker:

You're funny. Especially when you have players from Miami U choosing to workout in florida than their own respective teams. Yeah, Shockey should be benched.

ICE74129
05-31-2006, 10:36 AM
In your pop warner world where parents can complain that their kid that sucks put in more time. :snicker:

You're funny. Especially when you have players from Miami U choosing to workout in florida than their own respective teams. Yeah, Shockey should be benched.

I back up my other post.... You have to there is no other explination.

Now go tell us how tough soccer and your other sport is.

HAMMER
05-31-2006, 10:52 AM
It almost never works that way.

No, it almost always works that way. Coffee is for closers.

Statman
05-31-2006, 11:16 AM
What was the impetus for them having suggested that you can work on Saturday?

Is there a heavy load? Your boss doesn't like you? What else perhaps?

justasportsfan
05-31-2006, 12:52 PM
I back up my other post...from your posting you must have some form of ******ation. You have to there is no other explination.

Now go tell us how tough soccer and your other sport is.even a ****** can spell "explanation"

If I explained soccer to you, you wouldn't understand . You would need to go brush up on you english first. I don't like having to repeat myself 10 X just so you would understand.

PS , when you were a 4 time national champ , did you meet Peggy Flemming or Dorothy Hamil? I heard ICE figure skaters (female) have nice legs. :D

HAMMER
05-31-2006, 01:08 PM
[QUOTE=justasportsfan]even a ****** can spell "explanation"

"If I explained soccer to you, you wouldn't understand . You would need to go brush up on you english first. I don't like having to repeat myself 10 X just so you would understand."

Oh the irony, maybe you need to brush up on "you english first".

justasportsfan
05-31-2006, 01:12 PM
[QUOTE=justasportsfan]even a ****** can spell "explanation"

"If I explained soccer to you, you wouldn't understand . You would need to go brush up on you english first. I don't like having to repeat myself 10 X just so you would understand."

Oh the irony, maybe you need to brush up on "you english first".typo is different.

ICE74129
05-31-2006, 01:23 PM
[quote=HAMMER]typo is different.

Not even close...but keep trying.

Jan Reimers
05-31-2006, 02:56 PM
If I only had to work about 7 months of the year, was getting paid huge money to play a kid's game, and knew that several people were competing for the same multimillion dollar job that I had, I'd be there early and stay late.

ICE74129
05-31-2006, 03:01 PM
If I only had to work about 7 months of the year, was getting paid huge money to play a kid's game, and knew that several people were competing for the same multimillion dollar job that I had, I'd be there early and stay late.

Thats because you desire to be a WINNER. Willis etal don't give a damn about winning. They want the money, spotlight etc and thats all they want. if they really wanted to win they would have their asses here working with the team.

Jan Reimers
05-31-2006, 03:01 PM
But then again, I'm an old school guy with a work ethic and an appreciation for having a good job.

Billzz
05-31-2006, 03:37 PM
I'd be working.

patmoran2006
05-31-2006, 05:16 PM
If I am the boss of a company...

And one of my employees won't come in on Saturday, but he nets the company 1200 units during the week.

And the other guy who DOES come in on Saturday only nets me 850 units, even after working Saturday.. If a choice is made, I'll go with the M-F guy.

Having said that, Willis has had plenty of time in the pool, it's time to come to work. There is no Buffalo, FLorida that I know of. It's a new system, new coaches and hopefully a new era. Get your ass to work and stop knocking up chicks and dissing the baby mommas in the Miami papers.

And Ice, if you're going to directly attack Justa and imply of his ******ation, you should probably learn how to spell first. Implying someone is ******ed and then mispelling 'explanation' makes you look worse than the person you're going after. Got it, Matt "Lionart" ?

BAM
05-31-2006, 05:41 PM
I am a team player so yes.

JimboIsGod
05-31-2006, 05:45 PM
how about if you dont come in on Saturday but you take your work home with you? From all accounts, Willis McGahee works out with a bunch of former Miami players. As long as the work gets done that's all that should matter, no?

Romes
05-31-2006, 06:19 PM
I think its a bad analogy since the union is the one that wanted these mini-camps to be voluntary. If it was the coaches choice I'd bet they'd make them mandatory. Plus there are only, how many? 3-4 mini-camps? maybe a total of 12 days? But to answer the question, if my boss wanted me to show up for a 4 hours on 12 Saturdays a year I would show up to work.

Although it would be nice to have a 6 month "off-season" those 6 months off would make it much easier to swallow coming in on those saturdays.

The_Philster
05-31-2006, 06:44 PM
And Ice, if you're going to directly attack Justa and imply of his ******ation, you should probably learn how to spell first. Implying someone is ******ed and then mispelling 'explanation' makes you look worse than the person you're going after. Got it, Matt "Lionart" ?Here's a better idea..if a guy can't debate without personal attacks and breaking the TOS, he should :stfu: or risk being :banned:

ICE74129
05-31-2006, 07:10 PM
Here's a better idea..if a guy can't debate without personal attacks and breaking the TOS, he should :stfu: or risk being :banned:

Let me make this as clear as I can. Equal playing field or I can make it hell. Yeah ban 'ICE' and see what that gets. I have asked nice. I am done with that. Pat can still read and reply to my posts but I am filtered from him? I can fix that real damn quick.

That aside, TOS? Us as long as the mods allow others to take shots under the 'going by your posts...' BS then so will I. If you want to put an end to ALL of it then fine. But don't single me out.

The_Philster
05-31-2006, 07:12 PM
Let me make this as clear as I can. Equal playing field or I can make it hell. Yeah ban 'ICE' and see what that gets. I have asked nice. I am done with that. Pat can still read and reply to my posts but I am filtered from him? I can fix that real damn quick.

That aside, TOS? Us as long as the mods allow others to take shots under the 'going by your posts...' BS then so will I. If you want to put an end to ALL of it then fine. But don't single me out. Show me where I singled you out :rolleyes: It was a blanket statement directed at everyone
As far as Pat seeing your posts, when someone quotes you, he can see them..forced ignore is still in place

ICE74129
05-31-2006, 07:14 PM
Show me where I singled you out :rolleyes: It was a blanket statement directed at everyone

You guys know exactly what I am talking about.

The_Philster
05-31-2006, 07:15 PM
You guys know exactly what I am talking about.
maybe you have a guilty conscience :idunno:

THE END OF ALL DAYS
05-31-2006, 08:22 PM
My BOss is a jerk. He makes me work 12-14 hours a day. I work almoste every saturday. I've asked him for time offf and he just ignores me and I have to keep working..... Sometimes I wonder if he even likes me.

Oh... wait...

I'm self-employed.... Uh

My boss is'nt so bad I guess.

:)

The_Philster
05-31-2006, 08:23 PM
:rofl:

Dozerdog
05-31-2006, 09:09 PM
If we are talking football careers that give you 10 years at most to win a championship- then yes- show up.

If we are talking an accountant that has a 40-45 year career and you get your work done on time then stay home (if that's what you want to do)

patmoran2006
05-31-2006, 09:47 PM
I understand the frustration with Willis, especially given all the changes to the Bills since last year.

But isnt it tradition for U of Miami players to work out together in Miami during the off-season? To the best of my knowledge, nearly everyone from the U does that, and they come into camp in great shape.

I highly doubt Willis will show for camp in anything but top shape. Now I know a lot of people are pissed at him, and his attitude leaves something to be desired. But I would wait until we're into the season before bashing him, I got a feeling he's going to have a very big year.

That being said, I'd like to see him at OTA as well.

LtFinFan66
06-01-2006, 12:10 AM
Beach/pool:up: