PDA

View Full Version : NFL Radio yesterday......

BuffaloBillsStampede
05-31-2006, 08:36 AM
Yesterday Adam Shyne and Solomon Willcotts took a question about which new coaches could be in trouble after this coming season, and the only one they talked about was Dick Jauron. The reason was because we have 11 veterans that have not showed up to the OTA. They suggested that Ralph Wilson should step in and have a word with these players, and even threaten their jobs if they don't show up. I understand that these are voluntary, but I really think something needs to be done. 11 veterans especially some of our most noteable players like Willis, Nate, and London not showing up for these types of things is just not acceptable.

BillsFever21
05-31-2006, 08:41 AM
They probably don't believe in Jauron or they are sick of it here. We had damn near perfect attendance from these guys up till this year.

ICE74129
05-31-2006, 09:41 AM
Its the remainder of the crap attitude that was brought in here by Donahoe. They don't want to work. Yeah they attended the OTA's with TD here but look at the production. I bet it was 'camp Tom' to collect a few extra paychecks.

11 veterans, 1/2 of your starting lineup. That is bad folks. I hope marv and DJ have the guts to not start these clowns.

PIZ
05-31-2006, 11:04 AM
Who are the 11 that didn't show up? Is it "voluntary" for the coaching staff also?

OpIv37
05-31-2006, 11:07 AM
according to the CBA you can't discipline players for not showing up to an OTA, so if they did something it would most likely cause problems with the union.

However, if they worded it carefully like "you don't have a winning attitude, and guys without winning attitudes don't have a future with this franchise" they may be ok.

Of course, guys like Nate and Willis aren't exactly threatened by the prospect of getting out of Buffalo- they may actually be encouraged by it.

ICE74129
05-31-2006, 01:28 PM
according to the CBA you can't discipline players for not showing up to an OTA, so if they did something it would most likely cause problems with the union.

However, if they worded it carefully like "you don't have a winning attitude, and guys without winning attitudes don't have a future with this franchise" they may be ok.

Of course, guys like Nate and Willis aren't exactly threatened by the prospect of getting out of Buffalo- they may actually be encouraged by it.

And I would accomdate. Nate would have been gone during the draft and so would have willis.

As for the others you don't punsh them, you just don't play them.

EricStratton
05-31-2006, 01:30 PM
Does anyone know the attendance at other teams OTA’s?

Pride
05-31-2006, 03:36 PM
I am personally fine with this... it gives the younger guys (who need more work) more time to show their stuff. Players used to be just fine with 3 weeks of summer camp before the season. I don't think these players need all of these OTA's to be successful.

billsburgh
05-31-2006, 03:56 PM
I am personally fine with this... it gives the younger guys (who need more work) more time to show their stuff. Players used to be just fine with 3 weeks of summer camp before the season. I don't think these players need all of these OTA's to be successful.
in most cases I would agree, but coming off a 5-11 season and a new coaching staff with new schemes, every day matters. It was obvious last year that this team had no chemistry. these OTA's would go a long way for this team to start developing some chemistry with so many new players and a new staff.