PDA

View Full Version : Vets not Showing at OTA only hurting themselves...

bigbub2352
05-31-2006, 10:02 AM
All these veterans who are not showing up for the OTA's are only hurting themselves, with the fans and especially the new coaching staff, Everbody has to rememeber that alot of the guys that arent showing up are guys that got here via TD, and maybe the new regime is all about the guys they have brought in and are going thru the motions with some of the vets in order to get better looks at the future of the franchise

1. If a vet keeps missing time, that leaves open younger guys to develop and take there position

2. It betters the development of the younger guys and rookies to get there licks in at NFL speed and competiotion

3. Allows the coaches to see were the younger guys fit in the new scheme and this still only hurts the vets because maybe a younger guy who is willing to be coached plays there scheme better than a proven guy

4. Allows for more competion once the pads go on because the guys who have participated in the OTA's will be at a faster and smarter level than the guys who are not here learning the new system, thus creating even more competition

So in my opinion keep not showing up because some of those guys are one season away from being replaced anyway and in my opinion after a 5-11 campaign see yah later let the new blood play

Tatonka
05-31-2006, 10:39 AM
the only thing that really perplexes me is that we are installing a new system.. willis has not shown up for anything.. so how does he know anything at all about our offense? from his answer on the nfl channel, when asked about what our new look offense would be like, he didnt seem to have a clue.. he said quick and in rhythm... you could tell he pulled it out of his ass.

but what about the other vets.. i guess the rams offense and the tampa bay defense is really really easy to learn all new terminology and plays?? come on.

bigbub2352
05-31-2006, 12:06 PM
I dont think willis can have a clue i agree something aint right at OBD

ICE74129
05-31-2006, 12:09 PM
the only thing that really perplexes me is that we are installing a new system.. willis has not shown up for anything.. so how does he know anything at all about our offense? from his answer on the nfl channel, when asked about what our new look offense would be like, he didnt seem to have a clue.. he said quick and in rhythm... you could tell he pulled it out of his ass.

but what about the other vets.. i guess the rams offense and the tampa bay defense is really really easy to learn all new terminology and plays?? come on.

But Tonka didn't you hear him, its all 'top secret'

billsburgh
05-31-2006, 02:31 PM
But Tonka didn't you hear him, its all 'top secret'
which means I have no fuggin idea. we have a new coach? who is it?

ICE74129
05-31-2006, 03:01 PM
which means I have no fuggin idea. we have a new coach? who is it?

LOL I agree. The kid is a moron.

Mahdi
05-31-2006, 09:24 PM
All these veterans who are not showing up for the OTA's are only hurting themselves, with the fans and especially the new coaching staff, Everbody has to rememeber that alot of the guys that arent showing up are guys that got here via TD, and maybe the new regime is all about the guys they have brought in and are going thru the motions with some of the vets in order to get better looks at the future of the franchise

1. If a vet keeps missing time, that leaves open younger guys to develop and take there position

2. It betters the development of the younger guys and rookies to get there licks in at NFL speed and competiotion

3. Allows the coaches to see were the younger guys fit in the new scheme and this still only hurts the vets because maybe a younger guy who is willing to be coached plays there scheme better than a proven guy

4. Allows for more competion once the pads go on because the guys who have participated in the OTA's will be at a faster and smarter level than the guys who are not here learning the new system, thus creating even more competition

So in my opinion keep not showing up because some of those guys are one season away from being replaced anyway and in my opinion after a 5-11 campaign see yah later let the new blood play
I agree. I dont really care about those who dont show up. Especially on defense. All of our front 7 is pretty much there except for London right. And personally I would rather see a healthy Spikes playing MLB, with Crowell at WLB and either Posey or someone faster who beats him out at SLB. In the secondary, im confident with a rookie at the other corner spot if Clements doesnt care about his job. Chicago started Nathan Vasher his first year and he was a third round pick. Youboty can come in and do just as well. At safety, Whitner should be fine, and Ko is a playmaker and a great tackler, he may have to take some lumps at first but I think he would be fine. Bottom line, those who want it most are the ones that should play.

Mahdi
05-31-2006, 09:27 PM
I agree. I dont really care about those who dont show up. Especially on defense. All of our front 7 is pretty much there except for London right. And personally I would rather see a healthy Spikes playing MLB, with Crowell at WLB and either Posey or someone faster who beats him out at SLB. In the secondary, im confident with a rookie at the other corner spot if Clements doesnt care about his job. Chicago started Nathan Vasher his first year and he was a third round pick. Youboty can come in and do just as well. At safety, Whitner should be fine, and Ko is a playmaker and a great tackler, he may have to take some lumps at first but I think he would be fine. Bottom line, those who want it most are the ones that should play.
And as for Willis, I hope Anthony Thomas or Gates show something and take his job from him and make him sweat a little. The players that will do what it takes to win are the ones that will.

bigbub2352
06-01-2006, 09:41 AM
i agree mahdi