• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

I am sick and tired of reading about how good this D will be

Let's face the facts, people. First, this is not the '04 D in any way shape or form.

DL: Lost Williams and Adams, picked up Tripplett and McCargo. These guys may be better for the Cover 2, but they do not have nearly as much run-stuffing ability. DE's are the same. Clearly worse now than in 04.

Linebackers: Spikes, Posey, Fletcher: The same but 2 years older with Spikes coming off a very serious injury. Crowell is coming into his own, but on the whole this unit is also worse than in 04.

CB's- Clements and McGee- Same as '04 with McGee playing better and Clements playing worse. I'll call it even.

S- Lost Milloy, picked up Whitner and Bowens, Vincent is 2 years older. This unit will probably be better in 07 than it was in 04, but until Whitner and Simpson get some experience, it's worse than 04.

Anyone who compares the 06 D to the 04 D just doesn't know what they're talking about.

Beyond that, we have a new system that all the players need to learn, a first year Defensive Coordinator in Fewell, and several rookies who will either be starting or seeing significant action (Whitner, McCargo, Simpson and maybe Youboty). And while our DT's are probably better suited for the Tampa 2, they are not run stuffers.

On top of that, I've seen a lot of stuff about how the Tampa 2 shuts down the pass. What about how it stops the run? This topic is worthy of a thread on it's own.

This D will finish in the bottom half of the league, if not the bottom third. All we can hope for is improvement as the season wears on
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • EDS
    • Jan 2003

Re: I am sick and tired of reading about how good this D will be

I don't think anyone is expecting to become the number one defense overnight. The real question is what does this defense look like for the 2007 season - when the veterans and rookies alike have a year in the system under their belt.

The team is very young right now and to expect them to compete for the playoffs this year is unrealistic. It would be great if it happens, but I don't think there are many people who actually expect it to happen.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

Can't anyone get excited about something around here?

Comment

• ICE74129
        Legendary Zoner
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
        About what? Explain to me what there is to get excited about as for as the Bills are concerned?

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
          tell me what I said that was incorrect, and tell me what I should be excited about.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mr. Pink
            Peterman Sucks!
            • Mar 2006

I am excited that we have the best special teams in football.

Get excited!

I couldn't think of anything else, sorry.

Comment

• mysticsoto
              Too sober for this...
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
              tell me what I said that was incorrect, and tell me what I should be excited about.
              Oh, I don't know Op...

- the fact that we wanted TD gone and a new FO leader and we've gotten that.
              - the fact that we wanted Mularkey's terrible coaching and leadership out of here and we got that.
              - the fact that we wanted to improve a horrendous defense that was ranked what? 29th or so in the league? Even if we move up to the bottom half or bottom 3rd as you mention, it would still be an improvement to what we had last year.
              - the fact that we wanted that lazy fat slob Mike Williams to be gone and he is, replaced with Jason Peters who performed excellently in his 1st year at the position.
              - the fact that so far, Everett is not hurt. :)
              - the fact that we obtained some sick defensive backs that will be with us for years to come and a very good likely replacement for Clements after this year so we don't have to break the bank with him.
              - the fact that our coaching staff believes in competition and will force players to improve and give their all if they want to grab a roster spot (huge competition in the RB, WR, TE and CB positions).
              - Most of all, for the fact that we have gotten away from the previous dynasty's failings and are moving toward a new era. The DB prospects look fantastic and the defense if not this year, will be a force to reckon with in 2007 and onward. Next year, the offense will likely get focused on in the draft - you can't do it all in 1 year - but atleast, there does appear to be a plan and the future is being planned for.

What else should you get excited about? It's almost June now...one step close to the season starting!!!

Comment

• BuffaloBillsStampede
                • Aug 2005

I have never seen more negative people in my life than on these frickin message boards man.
                SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

• HAMMER
                  I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                  • Jul 2003

Originally posted by BuffaloBillsStampede
                  I have never seen more negative people in my life than on these frickin message boards man.
                  There sure are a few that can't be positive about anything, you are correct.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                    Oh, I don't know Op...

- the fact that we wanted TD gone and a new FO leader and we've gotten that.
                    - the fact that we wanted Mularkey's terrible coaching and leadership out of here and we got that.
                    - the fact that we wanted to improve a horrendous defense that was ranked what? 29th or so in the league? Even if we move up to the bottom half or bottom 3rd as you mention, it would still be an improvement to what we had last year.
                    - the fact that we wanted that lazy fat slob Mike Williams to be gone and he is, replaced with Jason Peters who performed excellently in his 1st year at the position.
                    - the fact that so far, Everett is not hurt. :)
                    - the fact that we obtained some sick defensive backs that will be with us for years to come and a very good likely replacement for Clements after this year so we don't have to break the bank with him.
                    - the fact that our coaching staff believes in competition and will force players to improve and give their all if they want to grab a roster spot (huge competition in the RB, WR, TE and CB positions).
                    - Most of all, for the fact that we have gotten away from the previous dynasty's failings and are moving toward a new era. The DB prospects look fantastic and the defense if not this year, will be a force to reckon with in 2007 and onward. Next year, the offense will likely get focused on in the draft - you can't do it all in 1 year - but atleast, there does appear to be a plan and the future is being planned for.

What else should you get excited about? It's almost June now...one step close to the season starting!!!
                    You HOMER

BTW, the babe on your sig still gets me excited .
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Bill Cody
                      • Sep 2004

I am sick and tired of sick and tired type people.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloBillsStampede
                        you haven't been a Bills fan very long, have you?
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dozerdog
                          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

There are a half dozen or so on this board who will never be optomistic - and will go the extra mile to remind everyone else of that.

Have faith or hold out hope? Good for you.

Are you a results- only guy and won't be happy until there is a consistent winner? Well- good for you too.

But like I said- some people feel it's their mission to be so wrapped up in this stuff that they have to drag everyone else down if they aren't satisfied with the product.

By all means- it's a long offseason- let's get a 6 month ulcer going.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                            There are a half dozen or so on this board who will never be optomistic - and will go the extra mile to remind everyone else of that.

Have faith or hold out hope? Good for you.

Are you a results- only guy and won't be happy until there is a consistent winner? Well- good for you too.

But like I said- some people feel it's their mission to be so wrapped up in this stuff that they have to drag everyone else down if they aren't satisfied with the product.

By all means- it's a long offseason- let's get a 6 month ulcer going.
                            tell me what I said that was incorrect- convince me that I don't have a damn good reason to be pessimistic.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dozerdog
                              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

I'm not saying you are right or wrong- just like Mystic isn't right or wrong.

I'm a "Let's see them on the field before I or the moves" guy.

It's the "I have to convince everyone that my take on this team is the correct take on this team" that wears me out. If someone has a differing opinion then they are a Homer/ pom-pom waver/ ******.

To be honest OP, I hardly read the first 3-4 lines of any negative nancy posts because there isn't ANYTHING new in there we haven't heard a hundred times already.

Reality says you
                              - Can't fix everything at once
                              - Draft every player you want
                              - Buy everyone in free agenct
                              - spend unlimited amounts of money

I think the Bills have fixed some stuff- but then again- we will have to wait and see.

Comment

Working...
                              X