PDA

View Full Version : Arrogant Hurricanes have Sabres motivated

Bill Brasky
05-31-2006, 02:44 PM
BUFFALO, N.Y. (CP) - The head games were in overtime on the eve of Thursday's seventh and deciding game in the NHL's Eastern Conference final. <!-- CPPara1End--><!-- CPPara2-->
Buffalo head coach Lindy Ruff described the Carolina Hurricanes as an "arrogant" team that thought, wrongly, the Sabres would roll over and die after losing 4-0 in Game 4 last Friday night.
<!-- CPPara2End-->
<!-- CPPara3-->"I think we sensed that as a team, some of the arrogance on the ice, some of their comments," Ruff said Wednesday before his team departed for Raleigh, N.C. <!-- CPPara3End-->

"They were laughing in the 4-0 game," he later added. "They felt like it was going to be over, we were done, we had another injury, we lost another player. There's a fine line. They had a right to laugh, they had a pretty good game going. But I think that our guys are the type that would take it personally and wanted to prove that we're not done yet."

The kicker, Ruff claimed, was hearing that the Hurricanes supposedly had champagne on ice in the visitors' dressing room before Game 6 on Tuesday night.

Fact or fiction, Ruff used that to get his team going.

"They are an arrogant group," said Sabres winger Jason Pominville. "Then again, that's normal for a team that's had as much success as they've had this year. But to have champagne in the room . . . we found out before the game and it certainly motivated us."

Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford refuted the champagne story.

"That's baloney," he said Wednesday from Raleigh, N.C. "We wouldn't even have champagne there even if by chance we'd had won. Lindy just can't stop his tongue from wagging.

"I now understand why in previous series some of the other coaches responded in the manner they did to him."

That would be a reference to Philadelphia coach Ken Hitchcock in the first round telling a reporter to send a message to Ruff for him with the first word starting with the letter 'f.'

http://www.cp.org/premium/ONLINE/member/hockey/060531/h053121A.html

Bill Brasky
05-31-2006, 02:51 PM
here's another article with some better quotes:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blogworld/blog.aspx?blogger=6&post=2174

I'm glad he's calling these crybabies out!

PcA125
05-31-2006, 03:06 PM
Hahahha great articles

Michael82
05-31-2006, 03:24 PM
Thanks for that great article. I love the way Lindy is pissing everybody off. He's in their heads. :snicker:

Just one thing, please don't post the whole article. Just leave a blurb, for copyright issues. Thanks. :up:

SabreEleven
05-31-2006, 05:20 PM
As if I wasn't stoked already for tomorrow nights game....

LET'S GO BUFFALO.

Bill Brasky
05-31-2006, 10:19 PM
Thanks for that great article. I love the way Lindy is pissing everybody off. He's in their heads. :snicker:

Just one thing, please don't post the whole article. Just leave a blurb, for copyright issues. Thanks. :up:

ya ya ya i know the rules mikey... but it was full of great quotes i couldn't leave them out :up:

don137
06-01-2006, 05:36 AM
It isn't just the players. Before game 5 at RBC Center I heard a few barbs from a$$hole Cane fans laughing about game 4 to Sabre fans and saying how the series will be over Tuesday. I guess they forgot the series was tied 2-2 at the time...To think these teams are evenly matched when we have our 7, 8 and 9 defensmen playing. Imagine if we were healthy.
As of Wednesday afternoon the scoreboard at RBC Center has not been reset and still has the score, time left and Dumont penalty showing.