PDA

View Full Version : Sabres Rookie Pominville Drawing Attention

SabreEleven
05-31-2006, 07:34 PM
Message to Doug Weight: The name's Jason. Jason Pominville.

Pominville, the Buffalo Sabres rookie forward, is making a name for himself this postseason, although some opponents apparently haven't yet caught on.
Take Weight, the Carolina Hurricanes' veteran forward, for example as the teams prepare to play Game 7 of the Eastern Conference final at Raleigh, N.C., on Thursday.
Weight was penalized for boarding when he hit Pominville from behind early into overtime of Game 6 on Tuesday. Buffalo's Daniel Briere scored on the ensuing power play for a 2-1 victory. Weight accused Pominville of diving and said: "I don't even know his first name, for God's sake."
Not a problem for Pominville.

"It's actually kind of funny," he said Wednesday when told of Weight's comment. "But he knows my last name because he hit me from behind," added Pominville with a laugh, referring to his last name stitched on the back of his No. 29 jersey.

http://sports.iwon.com/news/05312006/v3218.html

don137
05-31-2006, 08:03 PM
Apparently Weight must be too busy thinking of his Stanley Cup ring instead of studying his opponent. What a freakin embarassment to the game. He's in the Stanley Cup Conference Finals and he doesn't even study the opponents of the other team. If he studied his oppenents he would know who he was...Hey Weight you big turd go ask any of the Senators or there fans who is Jason Pominville!!!!