X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • acehole
    • Jan 2006

Big Mistake IMHO

Bills | Starting quarterback job Holcomb's to lose?
    Wed, 31 May 2006 17:44:13 -0700
    Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports Buffalo Bills QB Kelly Holcomb appears to have the starting quarterback role entering training camp and it appears it is his job to lose.
    Hated by the stupid..
    Loved by their moms.

• Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

Re: Big Mistake IMHO

Originally posted by acehole
    Bills | Starting quarterback job Holcomb's to lose?
    Wed, 31 May 2006 17:44:13 -0700
    Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports Buffalo Bills QB Kelly Holcomb appears to have the starting quarterback role entering training camp and it appears it is his job to lose.

If he's the best guy, he's the best guy!

If JP can't beat him out, then he doesn't deserve it. Getting beat in the first 10 games of the season isn't going to help him get better.
    Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777
      Getting beat in the first 10 games of the season isn't going to help him get better.
      you dont think a young qb would gain anything from being on the field?? interesting. your the only one in the universe that thinks experience doesnt make you better.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Patrick76777
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
        you dont think a young qb would gain anything from being on the field?? interesting. your the only one in the universe that thinks experience doesnt make you better.

Didn't help him last year.
        Resign our own guys!

Comment

• BuffaloBillsStampede
          • Aug 2005

Yes it did anyone that thinks he didn't show any signs of improvement is an idiot. He played better than Eli Manning did in his first 8 games for sure, but the Giants stuck it out and now have a pretty good quarterback. Can you imagine the pressure on this kid knowing that if he makes any mistakes Kelly Holcomb is breathing down his neck. That is a ridiculous way to groom your future quarterback in my opnion.
          SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

• ICE74129
            Legendary Zoner
            • Feb 2005

He wasnt' on the field nearly enough. And you cant be on the field with the fear of being yanked every time you turn around.

I agree with tonka.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

At this point in time, KH has the advantage. JP has between now and camp to EARN the job. If he can't beat out KH, he has no excuse. They are all learning a new system and taught all the same things.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

um.. actually.. it did.. he showed much improvement in the last 4 games over the first 4.. i dont know what you were watching.. he ended up with 8 tds and 8 ints.. it could of, and has been MUCH WORSE for almost all other starting qbs their first year.

and that was without getting much time on the field.. getting yanked whenever he had a rough game.. which i am sure everyone agrees that is an awful situation to learn in. he should have been out there the whole season.. holcombe will not win games for us and he sure as hell isnt the long term answer.. so he really provides absolutely nothing for this team.
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloBillsStampede
                  Yes it did anyone that thinks he didn't show any signs of improvement is an idiot. He played better than Eli Manning did in his first 8 games for sure, but the Giants stuck it out and now have a pretty good quarterback. Can you imagine the pressure on this kid knowing that if he makes any mistakes Kelly Holcomb is breathing down his neck. That is a ridiculous way to groom your future quarterback in my opnion.
                  great post.. i basically repeated your sentiment.. patrick obviously was not actually watching the games, just tailgating.

Comment

• Patrick76777
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                    At this point in time, KH has the advantage. JP has between now and camp to EARN the job. If he can't beat out KH, he has no excuse. They are all learning a new system and taught all the same things.

I agree. We've baby'd this guy enough. If he can't win the job by know, F-him.

I think he stinks anyway.
                    Resign our own guys!

Comment

• TigerJ
                      • Jul 2002

All I can say is that if Holcomb is the best we've got, we all need to lower our expectations for the year.
                      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                        if holcombe starts.. this franchise has just been set back another 2 years.. mark my words..

holcombe will win nothing for us.. and if he starts this year, then that means next year is a year we have to waste on a young kid learning the ropes, be it jp or nall or a drafted rookie.

the only think KH does for this team is ruin us and get us one step closer to being out of buffalo and in LA.

but hey.. let the best man win!

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

I agree. We've baby'd this guy enough. If he can't win the job by know, F-him.

I think he stinks anyway.
                          that is clear.. you dont like him.. fine..

but we know what KH is and isnt.. he is a back up.. he isnt a winner..

we dont know what we have in JP.. and NO ONE can tell without letting him play.. there have been a handfull of qbs in THE HISTORY OF THE LEAGUE that you could determine what kind of pro they would be after 8 ****ing games.

and how the hell have we "baby'd" JP?? by handing him the job and yanking it away every time he threw an incomplete pass?

i hope you dont like going to bills games, because it is going to be a long hike to california to see them. You should be rooting for JP, because he is the only chance this team has to be successful in the near future. if he cant do it, the bills are pretty much ****ed.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                            if holcombe starts.. this franchise has just been set back another 2 years.. mark my words..

holcombe will win nothing for us.. and if he starts this year, then that means next year is a year we have to waste on a young kid learning the ropes, be it jp or nall or a drafted rookie.

the only think KH does for this team is ruin us and get us one step closer to being out of buffalo and in LA.

but hey.. let the best man win!
                            We all agree that KH is not the guy you'd want as a starter. But if JP can't beat him out what does that say about him?
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Patrick76777
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TigerJ
                              All I can say is that if Holcomb is the best we've got, we all need to lower our expectations for the year.
                              Actually my expectations were JP and 3 wins.

If it’s Holcomb, I’d be willing to go with 7 wins. And more the year after.
                              Resign our own guys!

Comment

Working...
                              X