PDA

View Full Version : McKee Status

Bulldog
06-01-2006, 09:12 AM
Has anyone said what exactly is wrong with McKee that he didn't make the trip? I've heard a couple of times that he has a staff infection in his leg. If thats true, whats the chance he's going to play?

nbcaffeine
06-01-2006, 09:17 AM
the only place ive heard that is here. I did hear "very very sick", but you know how it is. We didnt know teppo was playing tuesday untill like 3 mins before the puck dropped.

Shasta McNasty
06-01-2006, 09:20 AM
Jay 100% has a leg infection. He was getting it drained yesterday afternoon and shot up with antibiotics at Millard Fillmore. He is in Buffalo as of now. Not sure of the chances he plays tonight but i am sure he will do whatever he can.

nbcaffeine
06-01-2006, 09:23 AM
ewwwww, fluids are gross.

EpiK-KA14
06-01-2006, 09:23 AM
If he does play, is he going to be healthy enough to be effective for you guys, or would it be better to dress a lesser defenseman?

Seriously, I hate the idea of injuries/illness affecting big games like this. I'm hoping he's good enough to go tonight.

nbcaffeine
06-01-2006, 09:29 AM
i dunno, i guess it would depend on the infection. i "know" hes going to play (that is, believe blindly) but I dont know how effective he would be. However, not having heard his name before today, I have read good things about Paetsch, though it seems like he had something wrong with his leg as well. The amerks fans i know say he is better than jillson.

nbcaffeine
06-01-2006, 10:18 AM
WGR reported mckee having the flu, taking fluids. Hamilton just came on and gave an update. He isnt there yet, but is "on his way"

SabreEleven
06-01-2006, 10:32 AM
Seriously, I hate the idea of injuries/illness affecting big games like this.

Too late for this despite McKee's status.

Bulldog
06-01-2006, 10:34 AM
WGR reported mckee having the flu, taking fluids. Hamilton just came on and gave an update. He isnt there yet, but is "on his way"

Maybe they wanted to hold McKee back to allow more time to give him the fluids and to avoid having him on the plane with the rest of the team. Im feeling more confident that he's going to play.

nbcaffeine
06-01-2006, 10:36 AM
Yeah, thats my feeling, quarrantine him like edmonton did with their players who got the flu. Keep everyone else healthy you know?