PDA

View Full Version : My Expectations for 2006

BigGabes23
06-01-2006, 12:56 PM
Finally, June has arrived! We finally start to see the start of the 2006 season in the not too distant future. There has been a lot of chatter about the direction of the Bills, I would like to take a moment to share my expectations:

1. Find a QB - A lot of people have been talking about which of the three QBs they would like to see start and play this season. Frankly, I don't really care as long as we find one. I HOPE that JP proves himself and emerges as a solid starting QB, showing improvement throughout the year. If not, hopefully we have enough games left to see if Nall is the answer (which he is not). Finally, If the other two stink put Holcome in there playing, hopefully we are losing so we can draft Brady Quinn.

2. Find an Identity - It is my hope that this envolves a solid defense, with a versitle offense that is centered around Willis Mcgahee. For all of you people who want to see Willis go, why?! He is our only playmaker, beside maybe Evans. The difference is that he can touch the ball 30-35 times a game. I am afraid if he is gone, we don't have much of an identity.

3. See the Tampa two system start to work, and find our playmakers on Defense. I Hope we either sign Clements long term, or Youboty plays so well that we don't need to sign him.

That's it, don't care so much about the record. I just would like to see the re-building process become clear and find the players we are going to build around.

MVP
06-01-2006, 01:08 PM
My expectation= Takeo Spikes Comeback Player Of The Year.

ublinkwescore
06-01-2006, 01:15 PM
Finally, June has arrived! We finally start to see the start of the 2006 season in the not too distant future. There has been a lot of chatter about the direction of the Bills, I would like to take a moment to share my expectations:

1. Find a QB - A lot of people have been talking about which of the three QBs they would like to see start and play this season. Frankly, I don't really care as long as we find one. I HOPE that JP proves himself and emerges as a solid starting QB, showing improvement throughout the year. If not, hopefully we have enough games left to see if Nall is the answer (which he is not). Finally, If the other two stink put Holcome in there playing, hopefully we are losing so we can draft Brady Quinn.

2. Find an Identity - It is my hope that this envolves a solid defense, with a versitle offense that is centered around Willis Mcgahee. For all of you people who want to see Willis go, why?! He is our only playmaker, beside maybe Evans. The difference is that he can touch the ball 30-35 times a game. I am afraid if he is gone, we don't have much of an identity.

3. See the Tampa two system start to work, and find our playmakers on Defense. I Hope we either sign Clements long term, or Youboty plays so well that we don't need to sign him.

That's it, don't care so much about the record. I just would like to see the re-building process become clear and find the players we are going to build around.

I really agree with you on Willis - the guy had crap to run behind the last two seasons, and he's still breaking off 1,000+ yard seasons - I think that may have taken a lot of the fun out of the game for him and maybe that's why he didn't appear to be "trying". I really like hearing that Fairchild wants to implement a system designed to get Willis the ball in space, as well as taking frequent shots downfield - Losman will excel at that if our Line can protect him long enough for Evans to get 40 yards downfield.

bigbub2352
06-01-2006, 01:24 PM
I would be more than happy with this season if JP started, Jeff Posey and Bennie Anderson dont see the feild, and Troy Vincent is his last year so the Ko can play,
Also shut everyone up with McCargo and Whitner having fine rookie seasons
I would be happy then!

ICE74129
06-01-2006, 02:25 PM
My expectations, Marv resignes after this season. This team wont' amount to much and he won't be able to handle the pressure and hounding from the press and fans.

Ralph thought it was bad last year? let us be anywhere near as bad or WORSE than last year and see how fast ticket sales drop. Fans won't sit in the cold to watch a 3-10 team.

justasportsfan
06-01-2006, 02:36 PM
My expectations, Marv resignes after this season. This team wont' amount to much and he won't be able to handle the pressure and hounding from the press and fans.

.Haha! That wasn't your opinion right after FA only to change after he drafted differently from what you had hoped. "Marv get's it"

feelthepain
06-01-2006, 05:20 PM
Expect little hope for the best, and you won't be disappointed.

billsburgh
06-02-2006, 12:10 AM
Haha! That wasn't your opinion right after FA only to change after he drafted differently from what you had hoped. "Marv get's it"
That was fast, wasnt it.

BuffaloBillsStampede
06-02-2006, 10:05 AM
Ice you need to shut up, all I ever see on here is you being negative. I try not to get personal with anyone, but I can't take you anymore. We all realize we don't have a great football team, but at the same time everyone except you realizes anything can happen from year to year.

LifetimeBillsFan
06-03-2006, 07:52 AM
Without going into a lot of detail (shocked that I would say that, huh!), what I would like to see and what my only two expectations are for this team at this point are:

1.) That the Bills play hard and try to play up to their potential every play of every game of the season. IMHO, they did not do that last season.

2.) That as individuals and as a team the Bills improve and get better--even if it is only a little bit at a time--over the course of the season. There are going to be a lot of young, inexperienced guys playing, the team has a lot of new players who aren't familiar with one another, and they are going to be playing a new system on both sides of the ball, so I expect there to be a lot of mistakes and ups-and-downs, but what I want to see over the course of the season is the players, especially the young ones, and the team as a whole getting better.

If the Bills do those two things, they will be able to identify what their strengths, weaknesses and immediate needs are and there will be hope for this team in the near future regardless of their record--which I do not expect to be very good and am not concerned about.

John Doe
06-03-2006, 08:46 AM
My expectations:

The offensive line will improve significantly. Peters will get the lion’s share of the reps in preseason and will improve quickly. The new guys (Reyes and Fowler) will make the Bills line much quicker and allow more sweeps and screens. The running backs will be able to get the ball in space and be more productive.

The tight end position will be much improved. Royal gives the team a great blocker to aid the running game and Everett gives them good receiver skills. The Bills have not had these two elements in the past 5 years.

The running game will improve because of the improvement of the line and tight ends

The passing game will improve because the running game improves.

I expect one of the quickest defenses in the league that gives total effort on every play. There is a great potential for upside as the rookies mature.

I expect the best special teams play in the league.

I don’t expect a losing record.

RockStar36
06-03-2006, 09:57 AM
After six straight losing seasons, I don't think I have any expectations.

Night Train
06-03-2006, 10:09 AM

9-7 in 2004.

How about " Non-Playoff " seasons ?

My expectations are some direction towards improving each week.

RockStar36
06-03-2006, 10:30 AM
9-7 in 2004.

How about " Non-Playoff " seasons ?

My expectations are some direction towards improving each week.

I realize they were 9-7, but if they don't make the playoffs then it is a losing season in my mind. What good did that 9-7 do if they didn't make the playoffs?

patmoran2006
06-03-2006, 10:59 AM
My expectations won't be defined by the win-loss column for 2006 as if that was the case it would be a major let down. Simply put, this team is not good enough, in 2006 anyway to make any kind of real noise in the AFC.

My expectations center more around the growth of this team both on and off the field.

I hope to see the kind of team that played for Gregg Williams in his first year as coach (I believe in 2001). That team only went 3-13, but they played hard like their life was on the line every week. That team never quit and they played hard every play. I'd be very pleased to see that again.

What I dont want to see is a carbon copy of last year's team. That team won two more games than the '01 team, but they had zero heart.

Personnel wise..

* Takeo coming back is very important to the team both on the field and for morale. In my opinion, he's now the undisputed leader of the team. This club needs his prescence in the lineup.

*I'd like to see JP play real well and earn the starting spot at QB, though I don't think that's going to happen. Maybe its a hunch or maybe I'm reading between the lines of all the players and coaches quotes, but I truly think at the end of the day Kelly Holcomb is going to be the starter.

*I'd like to see Jason Peters take that next step towards becoming one of the game's next great tackles. He took strides last year and if continues to improve we'll have a legit pro-bowl quality tackle.

* Lastly, I'd really like to see Tim Anderson step up, because I really think we missed the boat by not inking a "1" DT in free agency.

I don't see this team winning more than five games this year; but that's ok as long as the young players play and they show signs towards the end of the season of turning this franchise around. Potentially, we will have the core of a very good defense and if a QB doesnt come out from the pack that needs to be priority #1 next offseason.

Mitchy moo
06-03-2006, 11:29 AM
The Bills schedule has some weaker teams from the previous year. If those teams don't improve a whole lot & we play well against our division we will be 5-11, @ best.

I really kinda agree w/ Ice, sorry to say.

RockStar36
06-03-2006, 02:25 PM
I'll be able to make a good decision after week 3. If they can start out at least 2-1 against the division they could be in good shape. 1-2 or 0-3 and we're probably looking at another top ten draft pick.

ICE74129
06-03-2006, 03:03 PM

Best post on this thread. And the man is realistic to boot.

ICE74129
06-03-2006, 03:04 PM
I'll be able to make a good decision after week 3. If they can start out at least 2-1 against the division they could be in good shape. 1-2 or 0-3 and we're probably looking at another top ten draft pick.

We go 0-3 and DJ will lose those 11 vets who aren't showing up for the OTA's. If you think last year was bad in the locker room, wait and see what happens if we start off that bad.

mybills
06-03-2006, 03:14 PM
With posts like yours, ICE..I really wish log would re-enstate the unlimited neg rep.

BillyT92679
06-03-2006, 05:16 PM
I think they're going to be an 8-8 ballclub, which would be fine.
This season feels very 1987-esque to me.

ICE74129
06-04-2006, 08:24 AM
Haha! That wasn't your opinion right after FA only to change after he drafted differently from what you had hoped. "Marv get's it"

Marv made some good FA moves, I understood what he was doing. That was until the draft when it became glaring he doesn't.

ICE74129
06-04-2006, 08:25 AM
With posts like yours, ICE..I really wish log would re-enstate the unlimited neg rep.

Oh I wish he would too. It works both ways believe me.

ICE74129
06-04-2006, 08:26 AM
I think they're going to be an 8-8 ballclub, which would be fine.
This season feels very 1987-esque to me.

Please stop. Stop any and all comparisons to that team. We dont have Jim Kelly nor Bruce smith. No andre reed, Tally etc. And we sure as hell don't have the absolute best GM in football anymore in Bill Polian. Ralph fired him remember?

So stop. This isn't 87 nor nothing like it. This is a team that just floats in the toilet waiting to finally be flushed.

Dr. Lecter
06-04-2006, 09:19 AM
Marv made some good FA moves, I understood what he was doing. That was until the draft when it became glaring he doesn't.

What are you talking about?

Whitner was the perfect safety for cover 2 (and safety could very well be the most important position in that defense). McCargo fits in the cover DT scheme. Youboty, Simpson and Williams were steals relatvie to their draft position.

The draft showed Marv does get it and he drafted to re-invent this defense to the cover 2 scheme.

acehole
06-04-2006, 09:55 AM
7-9 or 9-7
Deffense fun to watch.
St fun to watch.
Offense like world beaters somtimes and
Sticks others. Jp wins starting job and gets
better as season goes on...nance passes price
on the depth chart. We split with NE and Miami
beat the jets twice. I gain 4 pounds.

justasportsfan
06-04-2006, 10:18 AM
What are you talking about?

Whitner was the perfect safety for cover 2 (and safety could very well be the most important position in that defense). McCargo fits in the cover DT scheme. Youboty, Simpson and Williams were steals relatvie to their draft position.

The draft showed Marv does get it and he drafted to re-invent this defense to the cover 2 scheme.

Dr. , What Ice is trying to say is that , he thought he knew what Marv was trying to do and when he got the draft wrong and got owned by draftboy, ICE then realized , he didn't know squat.