We have nothing to Lose Starting JP, and evrything to lose starting Holcomb.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bufftp
    Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

We have nothing to Lose Starting JP, and evrything to lose starting Holcomb.

Holcomb will never lead us to the playoffs

This team is not going anywhere this year, it is not a win now team.

All young qbs that devolp were given time to devolp- a couple of seasons without fear of being yanked. And the usualled were awful the first full season.

J.P. Has potential and was no worse last year than many rookie/first year starting Q.B.s. Evrybody who has wanted Holcomb to start was under the illusion this team had the talent to win back then. It didn't, and doesn't now.

Take our lumps now, let J.P. get a full season under his belt and it will pay dividends down the road.

Start Holcomb and all we get is lost time and more questions.
    Last edited by Bufftp; 06-01-2006, 05:55 PM.
    Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
    "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
    Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
    - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
    to be led by permanent ideals -
    that is what keeps a man patient
    when the world ignores him,
    and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

• Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: We nothing to Lose Starting JP, and evrything to lose start Holcomb.

Excellent post!

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

Re: We have nothing to Lose Starting JP, and evrything to lose starting Holcomb.

Originally posted by Bufftp
      Holcomb will never lead us to the playoffs

Take our lumps now, let J.P. get a full season under his belt and it will pay dividends down the road.
      So Holcomb will never lead the Bills to the Playoffs but JP getting a full 3rd season under his belt will pay dividends down the road?

Would you happen to know the lottery numbers for tonight?

Comment

• Bufftp
        Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Re: We have nothing to Lose Starting JP, and evrything to lose starting Holcomb.

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
        So Holcomb will never lead the Bills to the Playoffs but JP getting a full 3rd season under his belt will pay dividends down the road?

:roflma: How did I know this would be the response.
        Correction it would be J.P.'s first full season starting. That is what I am talking about. J.P. had no chance in last year’s circumstances with that line and incompetent coaching staff. Out his first year injured.

So what makes you think Kelly can any team to the playoffs let alone this team.

Maybe instead of you buying a lottery ticket I could sell you some properties……
        Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
        "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

Since you can't answer my question or tell me the lottery numbers for tonight, how about you tell me who's gonna win the Sabre game tonight?

Comment

• Bufftp
            Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

Since you can't answer my question or tell me the lottery numbers for tonight, how about you tell me who's gonna win the Sabre game tonight?
            I love when posters live up to their usernames.

I pointed out he didn't have 3 full seasons starting. He hasn't had one.
            The value is the one.

Now in all fairness make a case for Holcomb leading this team to the playoffs. His history and the current talent on the team?

I am all ears brother!
            Photobucket

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

Craig Nall is the foundation for this team's future...start him and let him get a year under his belt with these players in this system.

Why delay the inevitable?
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Bufftp
                Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
                Craig Nall is the foundation for this team's future...start him and let him get a year under his belt with these players in this system.

Why delay the inevitable?
                That may be a legitamate point and I am open to that.
                Photobucket

Comment

• ICE74129
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

No but unlike you he has common football sense.

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

The value is the one.

Now in all fairness make a case for Holcomb leading this team to the playoffs. His history and the current talent on the team?

I am all ears brother!
                    Outstanding post brother

Comment

• Ultra Chimp 1
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Sep 2005

Correction it would be J.P.'s first full season starting. That is what I am talking about. J.P. had no chance in last year’s circumstances with that line and incompetent coaching staff. Out his first year injured.

Correction.

JP Losman was last year's opening day starter. He had his chance. He was handed the reigns. And Losman blew it.

He was so bad, even an awful coaching staff like Mike Mularkey's knew when to pull the plug.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                        Unreachable Douche
                        • Jul 2002

The value is the one.

I am all ears brother!
                        Still no answers, Im waiting.

You Lomsanites are pathetic.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                          Unreachable Douche
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ultra Chimp 1

Correction.

JP Losman was last year's opening day starter. He had his chance. He was handed the reigns. And Losman blew it.

He was so bad, even an awful coaching staff like Mike Mularkey's knew when to pull the plug.
                          But but tbut the coach staff, but but btu the play calling..but but but the o-line but but but the Vets didn't like him..but but but he was basically a 2nd year rookiebut but but he played good in the 1st Qtr against Miami but but but He has potential but but but Blah blah Blah with your buts.

JP sucks until JP can prove otherwise.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                            Pinkerton's son
                            • Feb 2006

I may be wrong but the reason for this thread is to show that Holcomb is worthless, except as a backup. There is little difference between the 2, except for about 8 years of age. No one in this thread so far has said JP is a great QB. No one has even said he is a good QB. But starting someone who is 8 years older and has a weaker arm, albeit with better accuracy, on a rebuilding team? That would be bad coaching.
                            Last edited by Pinkerton Security; 06-01-2006, 08:58 PM.

Comment

• naugem
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                              I may be wrong but the reason for this thread is to show that Holcomb is worthless, except as a backup. There is little difference between the 2, except for about 8 years of age. No one said JP is a great QB. No one has even said he is a good QB. But starting someone who is 8 years older and has a weaker arm, albeit with better accuracy, on a rebuilding team? That would be bad coaching.

Comment

Working...
                              X