• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Buffalo is officially cursed....

Tons of injuries on defense- two no-names come up from Rochester and actually play really well. What happens? a shot from just over the blue line bounces off of two players and goes in through a ton of traffic in front of the net.

If that goal ends up being the difference in this game, I think it's proof that the curse lives on. The sports gods hate us.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: Buffalo is officially cursed....

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
      Tons of injuries on defense- two no-names come up from Rochester and actually play really well. What happens? a shot from just over the blue line bounces off of two players and goes in through a ton of traffic in front of the net.

If that goal ends up being the difference in this game, I think it's proof that the curse lives on. The sports gods hate us.
      some of us have said that all along...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• JD
        Sabres Zone
        • Sep 2003

“You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

it would just be truly heartbreaking to watch these guys play their hearts out and lose on a bad ****ing bounce, but very typical of Buffalo sports. You can beat the other team, but then you still have to beat luck and the refs. It's always 3 against 1.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• PUCKER
            • Sep 2004

Zapper's Hit List:
            SABURZFAN -
            SabreEleven -

pjw aka Mini -
            Billsology -

Join BDZ today!!!
            http://www.billszone.com/http://www....ad.php?t=72979

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

alright, I feel better now. Buffalo got their fluke goal too- if they don't win, it won't be because of that BS luck goal.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

the curse lives.

All the injuries, that ridiculous goal, the power play at the end.....
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• LABillsFan
                  • Aug 2002

Cursed? Cursed? This team was picked to finish at the bottom. The Sabres beat Philly Ottawa and took the Canes to 7 games. If management thought they were going to do this well, they would have made a trade. There is no way, no how, anyone saw the Sabres doing so well. Yet this team got the city excited, got the media to recognizet them, good, bad or indiffernt. This team is not cursed but blessed.

These guys didn't quit and played till the end. A few players are needed on this team, but they were well coached and a lot of young guys including the guys coming in to fill in for the injured players got a lot of experience. Not cursed at all.
                  I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• Philagape
                    WIN NOW
                    • Jul 2002

We can lose and whine, moan and b*tch.

Or we can lose and congratulate the team for getting this far and look forward to next season.

I choose the latter.

Whiners are part of the problem. They take a bad situation and make it worse. I choose to look forward to the solution.
                    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                      Zero for Zero!
                      • Mar 2003

Nice post Phil.
                      Originally posted by mysticsoto
                      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Dude
                        that slimey ass of an ***** at the zone
                        • Feb 2005

There's no curse. Curses are excuses for fans of overrated teams like the Red Sox.

The Sabres didn't win. Who even thought they'd make it this far? Cursed? Hardly. After all the excitement and goodwill this team generated, I'd say they're blessed. I'm not happy that they lost tonight, but I'll take this season - and this team - over any of the past 10 years. This team had no superstars, and no quit. They had heart. They played for the fans. They gave everything they had.

There's no curse.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                          Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dude
                          There's no curse. Curses are excuses for fans of overrated teams like the Red Sox.

The Sabres didn't win. Who even thought they'd make it this far? Cursed? Hardly. After all the excitement and goodwill this team generated, I'd say they're blessed. I'm not happy that they lost tonight, but I'll take this season - and this team - over any of the past 10 years. This team had no superstars, and no quit. They had heart. They played for the fans. They gave everything they had.

There's no curse.
                          I think that most people are just upset that the Sabres didn't have their full team. We all know that it probably would have been different had we had all of our defenseman. It's just a hard pill to swallow knowing that you were the better team and injuries cost us a legitimate shot at winning the cup.

Comment

• Bufftp
                            Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
                            We can lose and whine, moan and b*tch.

Or we can lose and congratulate the team for getting this far and look forward to next season.

I choose the latter.

Whiners are part of the problem. They take a bad situation and make it worse. I choose to look forward to the solution.
                            Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
                            "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
                            Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
                            - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
                            to be led by permanent ideals -
                            that is what keeps a man patient
                            when the world ignores him,
                            and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• Dude
                              that slimey ass of an ***** at the zone
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                              I think that most people are just upset that the Sabres didn't have their full team. We all know that it probably would have been different had we had all of our defenseman. It's just a hard pill to swallow knowing that you were the better team and injuries cost us a legitimate shot at winning the cup.
                              I agree 100%, and I feel the same way. But the Sabres didn't lose because Buffalo is "cursed". I mean, do we have to sacrifice Jimmy Griffen or something? It's ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                              X