PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo is officially cursed....

OpIv37
06-01-2006, 07:16 PM
Tons of injuries on defense- two no-names come up from Rochester and actually play really well. What happens? a shot from just over the blue line bounces off of two players and goes in through a ton of traffic in front of the net.

If that goal ends up being the difference in this game, I think it's proof that the curse lives on. The sports gods hate us.

Michael82
06-01-2006, 07:17 PM
:ill:

Ebenezer
06-01-2006, 07:19 PM
Tons of injuries on defense- two no-names come up from Rochester and actually play really well. What happens? a shot from just over the blue line bounces off of two players and goes in through a ton of traffic in front of the net.

If that goal ends up being the difference in this game, I think it's proof that the curse lives on. The sports gods hate us.
some of us have said that all along...

JD
06-01-2006, 07:20 PM
:puke:

OpIv37
06-01-2006, 07:21 PM
it would just be truly heartbreaking to watch these guys play their hearts out and lose on a bad ****ing bounce, but very typical of Buffalo sports. You can beat the other team, but then you still have to beat luck and the refs. It's always 3 against 1.

PUCKER
06-01-2006, 07:21 PM
:sadwalk:

OpIv37
06-01-2006, 08:10 PM
alright, I feel better now. Buffalo got their fluke goal too- if they don't win, it won't be because of that BS luck goal.

OpIv37
06-01-2006, 09:12 PM
the curse lives.

All the injuries, that ridiculous goal, the power play at the end.....

LABillsFan
06-01-2006, 09:36 PM
Cursed? Cursed? This team was picked to finish at the bottom. The Sabres beat Philly Ottawa and took the Canes to 7 games. If management thought they were going to do this well, they would have made a trade. There is no way, no how, anyone saw the Sabres doing so well. Yet this team got the city excited, got the media to recognizet them, good, bad or indiffernt. This team is not cursed but blessed.

These guys didn't quit and played till the end. A few players are needed on this team, but they were well coached and a lot of young guys including the guys coming in to fill in for the injured players got a lot of experience. Not cursed at all.

Philagape
06-01-2006, 09:51 PM
We can lose and whine, moan and b*tch.

Or we can lose and congratulate the team for getting this far and look forward to next season.

I choose the latter.

Whiners are part of the problem. They take a bad situation and make it worse. I choose to look forward to the solution.

Dr. Lecter
06-01-2006, 09:54 PM
Nice post Phil.

Dude
06-01-2006, 10:14 PM
There's no curse. Curses are excuses for fans of overrated teams like the Red Sox.

The Sabres didn't win. Who even thought they'd make it this far? Cursed? Hardly. After all the excitement and goodwill this team generated, I'd say they're blessed. I'm not happy that they lost tonight, but I'll take this season - and this team - over any of the past 10 years. This team had no superstars, and no quit. They had heart. They played for the fans. They gave everything they had.

There's no curse.

Nighthawk
06-01-2006, 10:20 PM
There's no curse. Curses are excuses for fans of overrated teams like the Red Sox.

The Sabres didn't win. Who even thought they'd make it this far? Cursed? Hardly. After all the excitement and goodwill this team generated, I'd say they're blessed. I'm not happy that they lost tonight, but I'll take this season - and this team - over any of the past 10 years. This team had no superstars, and no quit. They had heart. They played for the fans. They gave everything they had.

There's no curse.

I think that most people are just upset that the Sabres didn't have their full team. We all know that it probably would have been different had we had all of our defenseman. It's just a hard pill to swallow knowing that you were the better team and injuries cost us a legitimate shot at winning the cup.

Bufftp
06-01-2006, 10:21 PM
We can lose and whine, moan and b*tch.

Or we can lose and congratulate the team for getting this far and look forward to next season.

I choose the latter.

Whiners are part of the problem. They take a bad situation and make it worse. I choose to look forward to the solution.
:bf1:

Dude
06-01-2006, 10:25 PM
I think that most people are just upset that the Sabres didn't have their full team. We all know that it probably would have been different had we had all of our defenseman. It's just a hard pill to swallow knowing that you were the better team and injuries cost us a legitimate shot at winning the cup.I agree 100%, and I feel the same way. But the Sabres didn't lose because Buffalo is "cursed". I mean, do we have to sacrifice Jimmy Griffen or something? It's ridiculous.

lordofgun
06-01-2006, 10:41 PM
Nice post Phil.
You don't hear that said very often. :D

OpIv37
06-02-2006, 08:20 AM
Cursed? Cursed? This team was picked to finish at the bottom. The Sabres beat Philly Ottawa and took the Canes to 7 games. If management thought they were going to do this well, they would have made a trade. There is no way, no how, anyone saw the Sabres doing so well. Yet this team got the city excited, got the media to recognizet them, good, bad or indiffernt. This team is not cursed but blessed.

These guys didn't quit and played till the end. A few players are needed on this team, but they were well coached and a lot of young guys including the guys coming in to fill in for the injured players got a lot of experience. Not cursed at all.

no team is blessed until they win a championship.

Was this season better than it would have been if they had finished at the bottom? Of course it was. But at the end of the day, it's just another Buffalo team that got our hopes up but disappointed us when it counted most.

Philagape
06-02-2006, 09:47 AM
You don't hear that said very often. :D

I hear it from myself all the time :D

footballhottie
06-02-2006, 09:48 AM
god hates buffalo..we will never win at anything..its that simple.

LABillsFan
06-03-2006, 01:34 AM
no team is blessed until they win a championship.

Was this season better than it would have been if they had finished at the bottom? Of course it was. But at the end of the day, it's just another Buffalo team that got our hopes up but disappointed us when it counted most.

Yes they are. No way, no how this team should have done that well so soon. It was a tremendous showing for such a young group and they will be back, stronger, just as fast and more determined. You want to know who is cursed? Philly, Ottawa, Detroit, Dallas, The Kings, Toronto and the NYR.

OpIv37
06-03-2006, 10:50 AM
Yes they are. No way, no how this team should have done that well so soon. It was a tremendous showing for such a young group and they will be back, stronger, just as fast and more determined. You want to know who is cursed? Philly, Ottawa, Detroit, Dallas, The Kings, Toronto and the NYR.

yeah, none of those teams have ever won the Cup :rolleyes:

JD
06-03-2006, 06:24 PM
LA Bills fan that post was ******ed.

That is all.