PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Sabres

Ngxtreme13
06-01-2006, 09:18 PM
Wow. what a year and what a way to end....
i guess this team is cursed after all
mckee gets an infection yea the hockey gods are ANTI-BUFFALO.
but look at what the sabres did

Never in my life have i seen a city like Buffalo all come together in spirit to cheer on a team....they really brought us together and we were with them and went down with them

but remember now....WE WILL BE BACK NEXT YEAR and we get to do it alll over again...

thank you sabres for a great season one that im sure NONE of us will ever forget

The Cardiac Kids Never Die.

don137
06-01-2006, 09:25 PM
The had heart of champions to take a lead into the 3rd period of game 7 down 4 out of your top 5 defensemen and the point leader in the playoffs at the time of his injury....

Michael82
06-01-2006, 09:25 PM
Thank you Sabres! You made it fun to be a Buffalo sports fan! :clap:

Until the sports gods had to remind us why being a Buffalo fan always hurts. :(

I for one can't wait til next year. We almost beat the sports gods once. If we fix our depth problem and keep most of the current players, this team will be right back in the Eastern Conference Finals next year. :up:

Let's Go Buffalo!!! :dance:

Nighthawk
06-01-2006, 09:27 PM
Ok, now that we know that we are cursed in these uniforms...it's time to start the push for the new unis! Bring back the blue & gold...not the same gold...real gold, but you know what I mean!

JD
06-01-2006, 09:29 PM
**** this thank you sabres, great season sabres, next year sabres.

**** the season, if you dont win the cup.. your season wasnt successful.

Oilers are now my second favorite team.. Any city deserves the cup more than Carolina does, a city that can't even sell out a Game 7 in the Eastern Conference Finals.. And NO it was not soldout. I had friends that attended the game and said there were empty seats all over. But **** it. **** next year too. Im sick and tired of being a buffalo fan, nothing but heartache after heartache. We're officially cursed.. losing so many key players in such a key time.. Unreal seriously.

PcA125
06-01-2006, 09:29 PM
:clap: GOod season fellas

PcA125
06-01-2006, 09:31 PM
One of these days we will actually ****ing win something and it will be that much better.... It will be like...uh... well i guess i dont really know what it would be like.

Dude
06-01-2006, 09:31 PM
Yes, Thank you Sabres for a hell of a year.

It kills me, though. These Carolina fans don't DESERVE this. Buffalo fans do. We KNOW hockey. I was in a bar tonight in Mytrle Beach watching the game and a guy comes up to me and asks what game in the series it is. When I told him it was game 7, he said he's from Raleigh, and he had no idea that the Hurricanes were in the playoffs.

It just kills me.

It was a hell of a run, huh?

JD
06-01-2006, 09:33 PM
**** this ****.

It was not a successful season.

We didnt win that trophy.

Thats the bottom line!!

Sure we were the underdogs all season with young kids on the team.. but we were in it to win it and we didn't finish. Thats all there is to it!

It's over, were golfing. Another Buffalo heartbreak.

For the rest of your lives, you will remember Fitzpatrick alone in front of the net, looking everywhere but down for the puck. Then Brindamour comes out of nowhere and slaps the puck past miller.

Philagape
06-01-2006, 09:35 PM
Im sick and tired of being a buffalo fan, nothing but heartache after heartache.

C ya

Philagape
06-01-2006, 09:35 PM
:bf1: Sabres

chernobylwraiths
06-01-2006, 09:55 PM
I am still very upset now. I really was believeing in this team. 2 to 1 lead after two even though we were being outplayed. Then the hammer came. I hear the guys on OLN start "90% of teams leading after two win in game 7" then "the Sabres are 9-0 in this playoffs when leading after two". That **** always happens, I swear to God!

We just didn't have anymore to give. I was a little surprised by the lack of offense in this game given this is the second time we came into a game saying we would give all we had offensively and were thoroughly outplayed, outhustled and outhit. Our defense was looking over their shoulders all game since they were railed into the boards after each play while most of our forwards just skated away in their zone when their defense made a play on the puck. They didn't give it their all.

However, you have given a lot of fans hope for the future. This is a very young team and will get much better with experience. They got the taste, now they need to remember how crappy this is. You have brought me back after thinking that hockey would take a while bringing the fans back. For the most part, they put out an honest effort and they have a very skilled goalie to build on for the future.

As for the future, I liked how Janik looked. I think with time, he would be a better option than Fitzpatrick. Fitz played OK, but made too many msitakes IMO. I liked what I saw of Paetsh as well. Another Campbell type player who likes to jump into the play. I still think McKee is one of our best and steadiest defensemen and needs to be resigned. Lydman and Tallinder played well together and Tallinder grew exponentially this year as a defenseman as well as Campbell. This team will be well as long as we keep our guys together. Someone should teach Miller how to handle the puck and get the puck out of the zone as he kept giveing it right to the opposition, plus, I think he froze it way too much but considering his defense was having trouble getting it out of the zone, I can see why.

Through this run, I was starting to get chills just thinking about what might be. What a ride! Thanks Sabres for giving me hope again in Buffalo sports for now and the future.

Now let all Buffalo fans begin the new chant for the Stanley Cup. LET'S GO OILERS!!!!

SABuffalo786
06-01-2006, 10:12 PM
**** this ****.

It was not a successful season.

We didnt win that trophy.

Thats the bottom line!!

Sure we were the underdogs all season with young kids on the team.. but we were in it to win it and we didn't finish. Thats all there is to it!

It's over, were golfing. Another Buffalo heartbreak.

For the rest of your lives, you will remember Fitzpatrick alone in front of the net, looking everywhere but down for the puck. Then Brindamour comes out of nowhere and slaps the puck past miller.

Boston waited 90 odd years. We're barely at the 40 year mark.

Dig in, buddy.

Oh, and yes THANK YOU SABRES. Most fun I've had in a sports season ever.

And can I say that it's going to be so fun to watch Carolina get absolutley stomped by Edmonton. It took this team 7 games to beat an AHL defense. They ****ing suck. Worst Eastern Conference Champions ever.

Go Oil Go.

Unless, their plane crashes on the way to Game 3. That'd make me happy. :D

PUCKER
06-01-2006, 10:23 PM
Thank you Sabres. Im proud to be fan of this team. :up:

Myers57
06-01-2006, 10:50 PM
jd, shut the **** up

:D

now, thank you sabres for almost getting me fired at work for doing nothing but standing next to the radio for 2.5 hours...