Dr. Lecter
06-01-2006, 09:30 PM
It was the correct call.

I hate to say it, but it was.

Mr. Cynical
06-01-2006, 09:31 PM
Ok, maybe I have a bit more...

WTF!?!?!?!!??!?

How do you call that INTENTIONAL? It wasn't like he teed it up, looked an fired. He flipped it towards the glass, near another player.

What is the exact rule?

I AM SO EFFING PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW YOU HAVE NO IDEA.

To be YET ANOTHER BRIDE'S MAID AND NEVER A BRIDE.....a man can only take so much.

Philagape
06-01-2006, 09:32 PM
Canes were the better team. We didn't show up for the third period.

Mr. Cynical
It was the correct call.

I hate to say it, but it was.

Go post on the Canes board and say that. For some reason I don't think you hate to say that...I think you enjoyed it actually.

YardRat
Good call...pretty clear-cut, and unavoidable.

Afinigenov sucks.

Dozerdog
06-01-2006, 09:33 PM
I don't think a call cost us the game. that's the whiney way out.

I think exhausted defensemen playing 25-30 minutes a night did us in.

All things considered- we played great in this series- I have nothing to hang my head about. We have a young team that gained a ton of valuable experience off this.

Mr. Cynical
06-01-2006, 09:34 PM
I don't think a call cost us the game. that's the whiney way out.

I think exhausted defensemen playing 25-30 minutes a night did us in.

All things considered- we played great in this series- I have nothing to hang my head about. We ave a young team that gained a ton of valuable experience off this.

Whatever.

Yes, it did cost us becuase, as you just mentioned, the d was tired and didn't need to be hit with another power play. That is why that BS call cost us the game.

And we have everything to hang our head about. There's no prize for 3rd place. As usual, we came up short. Nothing to be happy about at all.

hammerbillsfan
06-01-2006, 09:36 PM
It's the rule.

SkateZilla
06-01-2006, 09:36 PM
It was the Correct Call there....

Player Cannot Put the puck over the glass, AT ALL, intentionally or not in the Defensive zone..

if anything it was the Face off that shoulda been outside the blue line that wasnt that led to teh GTG,

how about, we had 2 Defensemen playing 27+ minutes 2 games in a row, Carolina's D has played more Game 7s and Playoff Games than our team, Rochester, Ottawa and Edmonton put together...

Mr. Cynical
06-01-2006, 09:37 PM
It's the rule.

Still want to see the written wording of it.

JD
06-01-2006, 09:37 PM
I personally thought it went up like that because a canes stuck was swinging at campbells..THEN the puck popped up..

generalmills
06-01-2006, 09:38 PM
It's the rule.

i agree, we lived by the new system and we died by the new system. Like it or not its a rule and we would have been all over it had a carolina player put it over the glass

Mr. Cynical
06-01-2006, 09:39 PM
I personally thought it went up like that because a canes stuck was swinging at campbells..THEN the puck popped up..

If that's the case, why no review?

Let's hear it for s***y officiating once again. Maybe the NHL will implement yet another rule AFTER we get screwed. It's happened twice already.

Dozerdog
06-01-2006, 09:39 PM
If Carolina got called for that and we won a game because of it- you'd be singing a completely different tune.

Yes- i know- in your world it's win or suck....or it's always someone else's fault.

Playing your ass off and still losing to an equall opponent just can't happen.

hammerbillsfan
06-01-2006, 09:40 PM

http://www.nhl.com/hockeyu/rulebook/rule51.html

(NEW for 2005-06)(NOTE 1) When any player, while in his defending zone, shoots the puck directly (non-deflected) out of the playing surface, except where there is no glass, a penalty shall be assessed for delaying the game. When the puck is shot into the players' bench, the penalty will not apply. When the puck is shot over the glass 'behind' the players' bench, the penalty will be assessed.

PcA125
06-01-2006, 09:42 PM
NEW for 2005-06)(NOTE 1) When any player, while in his defending zone, shoots the puck directly (non-deflected) out of the playing surface, except where there is no glass, a penalty shall be assessed for delaying the game. When the puck is shot into the players' bench, the penalty will not apply. When the puck is shot over the glass 'behind' the players' bench, the penalty will be assessed.

I got that off the NHL.com Rulebook

Mr. Cynical
06-01-2006, 09:42 PM
If Carolina got called for that and we won a game because of it- you'd be singing a completely different tune.

Yes- i know- in your world it's win or suck....or it's always someone else's fault.

Playing your ass off and still losing to an equall opponent just can't happen.

Glad to see you are so satisfied with not winning it all. It explains alot of your other posts about the Bills as well. So you must be happy most of the time I guess with Buffalo sports, given they've never won a national championship in your lifetime.

Dr. Lecter
06-01-2006, 09:43 PM
Good call...pretty clear-cut, and unavoidable.

Afinigenov sucks.

WTH did he do to you?

He does not suck.

Dumont and Hecht each had one goal in the series. Grier had none.

In this game Briere had no shots on net. Neither did Dumont.

Max was one of the few forwards creating chances in the 3rd.

Do all of the others suck too?

Mr. Cynical
06-01-2006, 09:44 PM
NEW for 2005-06)(NOTE 1) When any player, while in his defending zone, shoots the puck directly (non-deflected) out of the playing surface, except where there is no glass, a penalty shall be assessed for delaying the game. When the puck is shot into the players' bench, the penalty will not apply. When the puck is shot over the glass 'behind' the players' bench, the penalty will be assessed.

I got that off the NHL.com Rulebook

Ok...fine....so given the close proximity of the carolina player, you don't review to make sure it didn't touch his stick?

Dr. Lecter
06-01-2006, 09:45 PM
Go post on the Canes board and say that. For some reason I don't think you hate to say that...I think you enjoyed it actually.

Yeah, I am thrilled. I shelled out $2,000 for playoff tickets 3 weeks ago because I am Canes fan.

Pca posted the rule. The call was correct and has been called all year.

Admit you were wrong and move on.

Philagape
06-01-2006, 09:46 PM
Glad to see you are so satisfied with not winning it all. It explains alot of your other posts about the Bills as well. So you must be happy most of the time I guess with Buffalo sports, given they've never won a national championship in your lifetime.

Some people can express dissatisfaction with more grace.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan

Any player who shoots the puck directly over the glass in his defending zone will be penalized for delay of game.
http://www.nhl.com/nhlhq/cba/rules_changes072205.html

Dr. Lecter
Ok...fine....so given the close proximity of the carolina player, you don't review to make sure it didn't touch his stick?

Review it how?

There is no instant replay for penalties.

hammerbillsfan
06-01-2006, 09:48 PM
Pca posted the rule

Apparently I'm invisible. :lol:

YardRat
06-01-2006, 09:55 PM
I don't know about you, but I'm not basing my conclusion on one game, namely this one. Max has sucked the entire post-season and I expect more from a guy that led the team in scoring during the regular season.

He shriveled up like a nut-sack in the play-offs, when it counted.

Three goals, five assists, in eighteen games and out-pointed by a defensemen who played four less due to a broken arm.

Face it, Doc...he sucks.

Dr. Lecter
06-01-2006, 09:55 PM
Apparently I'm invisible. :lol:

You know, I had your name first and then saw Pca's post and thought I had messed sayign you so I changed the post.

At least 3 of you posted it.

MikeInRoch
06-01-2006, 09:57 PM

There's a difference between being satisfied and not *****ing about a legitimate call.

Dr. Lecter
06-01-2006, 09:58 PM
I don't know about you, but I'm not basing my conclusion on one game, namely this one. Max has sucked the entire post-season and I expect more from a guy that led the team in scoring during the regular season.

He shriveled up like a nut-sack in the play-offs, when it counted.

Three goals, five assists, in eighteen games and out-pointed by a defensemen who played four less due to a broken arm.

Face it, Doc...he sucks.

Was he dissappointing? Yes. But 'sucks' states he is bad and did nothing, which is not true.

BTW, he made a number of nice defensive plays tonight.

Also Hecht was 2-6 on the stat sheet.

Throw him in the suck pile too if you are putting Max there.

YardRat
06-01-2006, 10:08 PM
Hecht was ninth in the regular season in points....tied for ninth in the playoffs. He played to his level relative to the rest of the team.

Max was first, tied for ninth. He sunk like the Titanic.

SkateZilla
06-01-2006, 10:10 PM
Technically the only reason max lead team in regular season is because briere was ut for almost if not half of the season, fashizzle..

Ingtar33
06-01-2006, 10:28 PM
the penalty was clean...

No... blame Campbell for the stupid play... or the gods of luck and chance for the dumb-assed 1st period goal... or maybe Miller's average at best outing for the loss. This one was not the Ref's fault.

They even gave us a make-up call at the end, our power play fizzled, the game ended.

We were beat by a better team. It happens sometimes. We can complain about losing 4 of our top 6 defensemen, our (arguably) best offensive player, the Refs or chance, or the play of our goaltender, in the end it comes down to the fact, we wore down in the playoffs, and lost to a team that was just as good as us, only less banged up.

No great conspiracy. It happens sometimes. Thankfully, losing like this, doesn't hurt as much. I feel proud about our team. I'm not going to cast blame, and throw insults at players. I saw a team of 20 men leave it all on the ice. I saw a team which was in essence half a lineup of Rochester Americans walk into the eastern conference finals against a team filled with NHL all stars, and push them to their limits.

The Canes bought their cup this year (sorry Oilers, the eastern conference champs, it didn't matter who it was, will win the cup), with a roster filled with Free agents over 30... The Sabres will be here again next year and again and again for the next 5 years likely.

The future is bright here. The team made money, they will make more next year. Go to sleep tonight remembering the fun... and know we're just 5 months away from next year. I'm looking forward to it like never before.

Thank you Sabres.

TacklingDummy
06-01-2006, 10:28 PM
WTH did he do to you?

He does not suck.

Personally I like Maxim. But without a doubt he did suck these playoffs.

Great year for the Sabres. Just wish it didn't have to end on another disappointing note.

Dozerdog
06-01-2006, 10:50 PM

I'm not happy they lost.

I'm proud how they represented.

i'm not going to fill my diaper over it

Ebenezer
06-01-2006, 11:01 PM
I'm not happy they lost.

amen...life goes on tomorrow.

Ebenezer
06-01-2006, 11:02 PM
amen...life goes on tomorrow.
or actually (at 1 minute after midnight) today...

PUCKER
06-01-2006, 11:06 PM
The PP decided the last 3 games of this series. Unfortunately 2 of those game winners belong to the Canes.

Mr. Cynical
06-02-2006, 02:24 AM
I'm not happy they lost.

Nor am I. I just happen to want a Buffalo team to win a championship for once, not be satisfied with an honorable mention, a pat on the back and an "atta boy" for good measure. We've had more than our share of that in the last 35 years.

SabreEleven
06-02-2006, 06:51 AM
Max needs to learn how to finish his plays.

Earthquake Enyart
06-02-2006, 06:59 AM
If anything, I thought an argument could have been made that Campbell's "shot" was deflected by the Hurricane standing right next to him when he shot it.

But, as stated above, they did get the PP at the end to try to tie, and it looked sick.

don137
06-02-2006, 07:13 AM
Max needs to learn how to finish his plays.

Exactly...With his speed and stick handling he sure laid an egg in the playoffs. The difference between having chances and capitalizing on them is the difference between going to stanley cup finals and going home for the rest of the playoffs. Most players stood on there head for this team in the playoffs. Max seemed to skate like a chicken with his head cut off after the Philly series. In my eyes he is not a money player. I am no way blaming him for the lost opportunity but he sure sucked the last two series.

Ingtar33
06-02-2006, 04:13 PM
he was diving in front of shots in the defensive end all night too.

It wasn't lack of effort, probably a simple lack of talent. Max has always played like that. Dazeling stick handler, quick as all hell, poor finisher.