• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

So...

First off let me say how sorry I am about the loss today as Buffalo is my second team.

Secondly, how many of you are rooting for the Oilers now?

We'll squash those Hurricanes like a bug with a baseball bat.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• LABillsFan
    • Aug 2002

Re: So...

GO OILERS!!!!!!!
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• Nighthawk
      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by northernbillfan
      First off let me say how sorry I am about the loss today as Buffalo is my second team.

Secondly, how many of you are rooting for the Oilers now?

We'll squash those Hurricanes like a bug with a baseball bat.
      I apologize before I say this to you because I'm a little testy...but are you seriously that bored to post this? You already know the answer!

Comment

• SpillerThrills
        • Oct 2005

LETS GO OILERS!!!!
        2008-2009 BZHL Champion!
        2008 Pro Football Pick 'em Champion!
        2008 Survival Football Co-Champion!
        2006-2007 3 Star Pick 'em Champion!

Comment

• generalmills
          • Sep 2003

not me. I will not jump. Kicked in the balls or not I cannot just jump on a team and cheer. sorry, good luck in the finals I hope you enjoy all of Canada taking credit for your success.

Comment

• Philagape
            WIN NOW
            • Jul 2002

I want Pronger to drive Doug Weight's head between panes of glass. I want Peca to knock out all of Stillman's teeth. I don't want one Carolina player to leave Alberta alive.
            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Dozerdog
              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

I've always thought of Edmonton the past 10 years as Buffalo's Western Conference twin- a small city hanging on in the NHL against big market teams.

For years they had nearly identical teams- youth sprinkled with a vet here or there.

I'll root for 'em!

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by generalmills
                not me. I will not jump. Kicked in the balls or not I cannot just jump on a team and cheer. sorry, good luck in the finals I hope you enjoy all of Canada taking credit for your success.
                It's not a question of jumping ship or on another bandwagon. It's more a question of having someone to root for in the finals.

Last playoffs, I did NOT cheer for Calgary as the rest of Canada was. That would be like cheering for the Dolphins. I like the fact that Canada is behind the team as the rest of the country will watch regardless of who's playing.
                When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                  I've always thought of Edmonton the past 10 years as Buffalo's Western Conference twin- a small city hanging on in the NHL against big market teams.

For years they had nearly identical teams- youth sprinkled with a vet here or there.

I'll root for 'em!
                  Great analogy.

Comment

• Dude
                    that slimey ass of an ***** at the zone
                    • Feb 2005

Sorry to say I'm done for the year. While I wish the Oilers the best of luck, my passion and energy for the game this season ended tonight, and I won't be watching any more hockey this year.

I do hope that Edmonton wins, though - they, at least, have real hockey fans who know the game.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dude
                      Sorry to say I'm done for the year. While I wish the Oilers the best of luck, my passion and energy for the game this season ended tonight, and I won't be watching any more hockey this year.

I do hope that Edmonton wins, though - they, at least, have real hockey fans who know the game.
                      Excellent post! It just aggravates me to know that we had a great shot at winning the cup and now it is over. All because the Canes are the luckiest team in the NHL. Someday, I would like a Buffalo team to be that team!

Comment

• The_Philster
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dude

ditto...hockey's a sport I can't enjoy watching unless it's my team playing.but I'll be rooting on the Oilers all the way to the Cup
                        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• generalmills
                          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by northernbillfan
                          It's not a question of jumping ship or on another bandwagon. It's more a question of having someone to root for in the finals.

Last playoffs, I did NOT cheer for Calgary as the rest of Canada was. That would be like cheering for the Dolphins. I like the fact that Canada is behind the team as the rest of the country will watch regardless of who's playing.
                          It's nothing against you, Edmonton or the Oilers (although I do hate the Eskimos but that is beside the point). I'm sick of seeing Let's Go Oilers signs on bars throughout the GTA as if people have been cheering for them for years. I cannot stand it how come may/june Canada jumps on (insert non-eliminated Canadian team name here's) bandwagon and claims it as their own. We claim to know hockey yet we fail to realize that every team in the league practically has the same amount of Canadian talent. It's a matter of hatred for the States and jelousy of big brother to the south that brings Canucks to your team NOT love for your players (you have rooted for the team and deserve the ride, NOT those who simply "decide" to become oiler fans out of let's face it p***S envy.)
                          It makes me sick.

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

Go Oilers!!! I can't stand the thought of those redneck hicks who don't even care about their team to sell out their arena in the semi-finals to win a championship. Come on Edmonton! Beat the hell out of Carolina! Show them what the Sabres would have done if they were 100% healthy.

Comment

• SABuffalo786
                              • Feb 2003

NBF, I hope your boys ***** MURDER those hick scumbags. See if you can't break Brind'a ****'s leg, too, while you're at it.

HOCKEY OUT OF THE SOUTH.

LET'S GO OILERS.

Edited for TOS violation. Please do not circumvent our filters
                              "Do me a favor, say a prayer for brother Timmy. And tip a cold one. Go Bills." - Tom Brokaw

We are the Rockpile
                              We are the Rockpile
                              We are the Rockpile
                              BUFF-A-LO

Comment

Working...
                              X