PDA

View Full Version : So...

northernbillfan
06-01-2006, 09:29 PM
First off let me say how sorry I am about the loss today as Buffalo is my second team.

Secondly, how many of you are rooting for the Oilers now?

We'll squash those Hurricanes like a bug with a baseball bat.

LABillsFan
06-01-2006, 09:30 PM
GO OILERS!!!!!!!

Nighthawk
06-01-2006, 09:32 PM
First off let me say how sorry I am about the loss today as Buffalo is my second team.

Secondly, how many of you are rooting for the Oilers now?

We'll squash those Hurricanes like a bug with a baseball bat.

I apologize before I say this to you because I'm a little testy...but are you seriously that bored to post this? You already know the answer!

SpillerThrills
06-01-2006, 09:32 PM
LETS GO OILERS!!!!

generalmills
06-01-2006, 09:33 PM
not me. I will not jump. Kicked in the balls or not I cannot just jump on a team and cheer. sorry, good luck in the finals I hope you enjoy all of Canada taking credit for your success.

Philagape
06-01-2006, 09:34 PM
I want Pronger to drive Doug Weight's head between panes of glass. I want Peca to knock out all of Stillman's teeth. I don't want one Carolina player to leave Alberta alive.

Dozerdog
06-01-2006, 09:36 PM
I've always thought of Edmonton the past 10 years as Buffalo's Western Conference twin- a small city hanging on in the NHL against big market teams.

For years they had nearly identical teams- youth sprinkled with a vet here or there.

I'll root for 'em!

northernbillfan
06-01-2006, 09:38 PM
not me. I will not jump. Kicked in the balls or not I cannot just jump on a team and cheer. sorry, good luck in the finals I hope you enjoy all of Canada taking credit for your success.
It's not a question of jumping ship or on another bandwagon. It's more a question of having someone to root for in the finals.

Last playoffs, I did NOT cheer for Calgary as the rest of Canada was. That would be like cheering for the Dolphins. I like the fact that Canada is behind the team as the rest of the country will watch regardless of who's playing.

northernbillfan
06-01-2006, 09:39 PM
I've always thought of Edmonton the past 10 years as Buffalo's Western Conference twin- a small city hanging on in the NHL against big market teams.

For years they had nearly identical teams- youth sprinkled with a vet here or there.

I'll root for 'em!
:bf1: Great analogy.

Dude
06-01-2006, 09:45 PM
Sorry to say I'm done for the year. While I wish the Oilers the best of luck, my passion and energy for the game this season ended tonight, and I won't be watching any more hockey this year.

I do hope that Edmonton wins, though - they, at least, have real hockey fans who know the game.

Nighthawk
06-01-2006, 09:49 PM
Sorry to say I'm done for the year. While I wish the Oilers the best of luck, my passion and energy for the game this season ended tonight, and I won't be watching any more hockey this year.

I do hope that Edmonton wins, though - they, at least, have real hockey fans who know the game.

Excellent post! It just aggravates me to know that we had a great shot at winning the cup and now it is over. All because the Canes are the luckiest team in the NHL. Someday, I would like a Buffalo team to be that team!

The_Philster
06-01-2006, 09:51 PM

ditto...hockey's a sport I can't enjoy watching unless it's my team playing.but I'll be rooting on the Oilers all the way to the Cup :up:

generalmills
06-01-2006, 09:55 PM
It's not a question of jumping ship or on another bandwagon. It's more a question of having someone to root for in the finals.

Last playoffs, I did NOT cheer for Calgary as the rest of Canada was. That would be like cheering for the Dolphins. I like the fact that Canada is behind the team as the rest of the country will watch regardless of who's playing.

It's nothing against you, Edmonton or the Oilers (although I do hate the Eskimos but that is beside the point). I'm sick of seeing Let's Go Oilers signs on bars throughout the GTA as if people have been cheering for them for years. I cannot stand it how come may/june Canada jumps on (insert non-eliminated Canadian team name here's) bandwagon and claims it as their own. We claim to know hockey yet we fail to realize that every team in the league practically has the same amount of Canadian talent. It's a matter of hatred for the States and jelousy of big brother to the south that brings Canucks to your team NOT love for your players (you have rooted for the team and deserve the ride, NOT those who simply "decide" to become oiler fans out of let's face it p***S envy.)
It makes me sick.

Michael82
06-01-2006, 10:35 PM
Go Oilers!!! I can't stand the thought of those redneck hicks who don't even care about their team to sell out their arena in the semi-finals to win a championship. Come on Edmonton! Beat the hell out of Carolina! Show them what the Sabres would have done if they were 100% healthy. :mad:

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/d/dc/150px-Edmonton_Oilers.gif

SABuffalo786
06-01-2006, 10:37 PM
NBF, I hope your boys ****** MURDER those hick scumbags. See if you can't break Brind'a ****'s leg, too, while you're at it.

HOCKEY OUT OF THE SOUTH.

LET'S GO OILERS.

Edited for TOS violation. Please do not circumvent our filters

BleedinGreenNC
06-01-2006, 10:41 PM
LOL!!!

SABuffalo786
06-01-2006, 10:43 PM
Oh, and Carolina will lose. Badly.

Couldn't even put away an AHL defense in 6. Pathetic.

Worst Eastern Conference champs ever.

Oilers in 4.

Ebenezer
06-01-2006, 10:57 PM
go oilers!!

BleedinGreenNC
06-01-2006, 10:59 PM

Oilers in 4.

And yet, they are the Eastern Conference champs!!

SABuffalo786
06-01-2006, 11:02 PM
Yeah. Lucky ***** are going to get a real nice dose of Canadian hockey reality on Monday.

Say, you guys sell out your cup tickets yet? Not sure how many Edmonton fans can make it to help fill your building.

Edited for TOS violation. Please do not circumvent our filters

PUCKER
06-01-2006, 11:03 PM
I usually dont care when Buffalo is knocked out,however the Oilers had BETTER rip their hearts out! :zapper:

BleedinGreenNC
06-01-2006, 11:04 PM
Yeah. Lucky ****s are going to get a real nice dose of Canadian hockey reality on Monday.

Say, you guys sell out your cup tickets yet? Not sure how many Edmonton fans can make it to help fill your building.

LOL!!

hammerbillsfan
06-01-2006, 11:11 PM

I know of a few coming from Toronto. :snicker:

BleedinGreenNC
06-01-2006, 11:12 PM
NBF, I hope your boys ****** MURDER those hick scumbags. See if you can't break Brind'a ****s leg, too, while you're at it.

HOCKEY OUT OF THE SOUTH.

LET'S GO OILERS.

Do you even know anything about Raleigh?

BleedinGreenNC
06-01-2006, 11:20 PM
NBF, I hope your boys ****** MURDER those hick scumbags. See if you can't break Brind'a ****s leg, too, while you're at it.

HOCKEY OUT OF THE SOUTH.

LET'S GO OILERS.

You keep calling people in Raleigh hicks, why? because Raleigh is in the south?

This place is comprised of many different people from all parts of the country, what about the Sabres fans down here, are they hicks too? Let's compare:

Depew population - 16,629

Raleigh Population - 276,093

Hicks, no, just a growing melting pot of various people!!

SABuffalo786
06-01-2006, 11:27 PM
You keep calling people in Raleigh hicks, why? because Raleigh is in the south?

This place is comprised of many different people from all parts of the country, what about the Sabres fans down here, are they hicks too? Let's compare:

Hicks, no, just a growing melting pot of various people!!

Depew is a VILLAGE in the Eastern 'Burbs of Buffalo, Hoss.

Way to go.

SABuffalo786
06-01-2006, 11:29 PM
Do you even know anything about Raleigh?

No, and I'll gladly claim ignorance on all things to do with it.

The only things I do know about Raleigh are this:

I hate it.

I hate its hockey team.

And I hate the dozen or so fans of said hockey team.

BleedinGreenNC
06-01-2006, 11:29 PM
Depew is a VILLAGE in the Eastern 'Burbs of Buffalo, you dizzy hick.

You love that hick word!!! I love it, you just throw it out there. You can call me a hick all you want, i am from NY, i get a kick out of ignorant people like you.

BleedinGreenNC
06-01-2006, 11:30 PM
No, and I'll gladly claim ignorance on all things to do with it.

The only things I do know about Raleigh are this:

I hate it.

I hate its hockey team.

And I hate the dozen or so fans of said hockey team.

Thanks for the compliment!!!

SABuffalo786
06-01-2006, 11:33 PM
You love that hick word!!! I love it, you just throw it out there. You can call me a hick all you want, i am from NY, i get a kick out of ignorant people like you.

A plastic hick. Even better....

Michael82
06-01-2006, 11:33 PM
At least we will be able to see your Jets suck ass all season long. That will be fun. Hopefully they will be suckier than our Bills. :snicker:

Again.... :jetsuck:

SABuffalo786
06-01-2006, 11:34 PM

When are you leaving, by the way? I thought you weren't going to stick around to "jaw with us".

northernbillfan
06-02-2006, 12:44 AM
Well the Oilers will get off to a slow start due to the long break. However they needed this break to cure them selves of th eflu bug that was sweeping through the entire team. Rollie was throwing up between periods during the lone loss in the Anaheim series.

After they get their legs back things will be different.

The Oilers are destined to bring home the Cup, for the 6th time.

Philagape
06-02-2006, 01:00 AM

And yet the same amount of teeth.

:jk:

BleedinGreenNC
06-02-2006, 05:45 AM
When are you leaving, by the way? I thought you weren't going to stick around to "jaw with us".

Sorry to burst your bubble sally, but i am not leaving. Tough break for you!!

BleedinGreenNC
06-02-2006, 05:46 AM

LOL!! Touche!!

chernobylwraiths
06-02-2006, 05:55 AM

:rofl:

ddaryl
06-02-2006, 06:07 AM

Oilers in 4.

I'm kinda laughing here. Why do people actually believe the weaker portion of the Western Conference playoff teams can play with the elite of the Eastern Conference.

The Oilers are a good Western Team, but they're no match for a top Eastern team.

I don't see th eOilers winning this, and I know it definitely won't be a sweep in Edm favor.

Earthquake Enyart
06-02-2006, 07:14 AM
Hockey is over.

I probably won't watch any games.

northernbillfan
06-02-2006, 07:18 AM
Hockey is over.

I probably won't watch any games.
I almost negged you for this statement.

Hockey isn't over until the Cup does a lap around a rink, hopefully in Edmonton's hands.

Earthquake Enyart
06-02-2006, 07:20 AM
It would hurt if Carolina won. But I don't really care to see Michael Peca's name on the cup either. :down:

mchurchfie
06-04-2006, 11:48 AM
It would hurt if Carolina won. But I don't really care to see Michael Peca's name on the cup either. :down:
Peca would take you out too.:box::::

northernbillfan
06-04-2006, 03:08 PM
I didn't like Peca at all during the regular season as he seemed to be a waste of a few million. However he sure has changed my mind during the playoffs.

I still think he's a waste of money, but at least he's earning some it now.