PDA

View Full Version : If i were the 'Canes...i'd be worried...

Ebenezer
06-01-2006, 11:11 PM
barely beat a Sabres team that was without it's top 4 defensemen and possibly their best playmaker?? Jillson and Briere also got pretty knocked around at times. I'm not making any excuses for the Sabres losing.

Edmonton is healthy and rested.

Philagape
06-01-2006, 11:12 PM
Edmonton is a healthy us.

PUCKER
06-02-2006, 01:31 AM
I wouldnt mind if the Oilers swept them and wouldnt be surprised,either.
http://espn-att.starwave.com/i/teamlogos/nhl/sml/trans/car.gif:zapper:

gannd
06-02-2006, 01:37 AM
Hurricanes don't affect Oil production up here in Alberta :refuse:

MTBillsFan
06-02-2006, 01:59 AM
LETS GO OIL!!!

northernbillfan
06-02-2006, 03:16 AM
The Oil will struggle out of the gate due to the rest, however the Canes will be surprised by how tough they will be.

ddaryl
06-02-2006, 03:19 AM
I think who ever won the East wins the cup.

I just don't see an 8th seed Western Conference team matching up with the East.

My money is on Carolina. They played hard to beat us

northernbillfan
06-02-2006, 03:23 AM
I think who ever won the East wins the cup.

I just don't see an 8th seed Western Conference team matching up with the East.

My money is on Carolina. They played hard to beat us
they barely beat your third string defense.

The_Philster
06-02-2006, 05:04 AM
Yeah..we have Jay, Teppo, Dmitri, and Henrik back in there and the Canes would've be lucky to get it to a 6th game...put Timmy back in and a sweep would've been a possibility. The Oilers are gonna kill them
Oilers in 5

BleedinGreenNC
06-02-2006, 05:43 AM
Yeah..we have Jay, Teppo, Dmitri, and Henrik back in there and the Canes would've be lucky to get it to a 6th game...put Timmy back in and a sweep would've been a possibility. The Oilers are gonna kill them
Oilers in 5

Yeah, sweep!!

chernobylwraiths
06-02-2006, 05:47 AM
This thread makes it sound like Carolina beat a poor team and that even if the Sabres would have pulled it out, they wouldn't have stood a chance against Edmonton. In my mind, if anything, this strengthens Carolina's play against Edmonton because they beat a team that gave it just about everything they had. They will get that same commitment from Edmonton.

I want the Oilers to win, but wouldn't be surprised to see Carolina take it.

ddaryl
06-02-2006, 06:12 AM

What's your point, they beat a Buffalo team that has huge depth and a ton of heart. if anything we prepared Caroilina for the finals.

Our depleted team would beat Edmonton, Carolinas healthy team won't have alot of trouble IMO.

don137
06-02-2006, 07:19 AM
No way Carolina beats Buffalo of both teams were healthy. They barely beat a injury riddled team. I think both teams stand a fair chance of winning and it will be a good series. I will be sick if Carolina wins it though because the only reason they beat the Sabres was because they were healthier.

EpiK-KA14
06-02-2006, 08:34 AM
No way Carolina beats Buffalo of both teams were healthy. They barely beat a injury riddled team. I think both teams stand a fair chance of winning and it will be a good series. I will be sick if Carolina wins it though because the only reason they beat the Sabres was because they were healthier.

I'll dispute that. Our achilles heel all season has been playing to the level of the competition. We'd beat teams like Detroit and Ottawa, then turn around and lose to Washington and Pittsburgh.

Even with you healthy, I think we'd have turned it up a notch. Unfortunately I do believe we got arrogant a bit because you guys had so many injuries and took some periods off. And it bit us in the a$$.

With both teams healthy, this could have turned into one of the best series of all time. But I believe we still would have pulled it out. Unfortunately, there isn't any way to know for sure unless we both get to the Eastern Finals again next year for a rematch!

mchurchfie
06-02-2006, 12:49 PM
I'll dispute that. Our achilles heel all season has been playing to the level of the competition.
I suppose Ottawa played down to Buffalo's low level also. That why they got beat by us, right?:rolleyes:

With both teams healthy, this could have turned into one of the best series of all time. But I believe we still would have pulled it out. No way, we would took you in six...and that only because we tend to play DOWN to our competition also when we are totally healthy.

mchurchfie
06-02-2006, 12:50 PM
Oilers take it in six.

northernbillfan
06-02-2006, 01:36 PM
What's your point, they beat a Buffalo team that has huge depth and a ton of heart. if anything we prepared Caroilina for the finals.

Our depleted team would beat Edmonton, Carolinas healthy team won't have alot of trouble IMO.
We are so much a weaker team that we beat the first place team in the league.

We beat the upstart Sharks who were the most improved team after the trade deadline.

We beat one of the best teams down the stretch in the Ducks.

Yeah the Oilers are weak and don't stand a chance....BS.

The Oilers are a team to be very worried about. We will probably lose the first game due to the break they had, but they will get their legs and be a force to be reckoned with.