Name some players Galisano can get to help the Sabres.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blackonyx89
    HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
    • Mar 2005

Name some players Galisano can get to help the Sabres.

Galisano should bring in some fine players to help the Sabres make it to the Cup Finals and win next year . In other words,give Lindy the tools to finish the job (I had to steal that quote from John Rigas).Wait a sec,he was stealing! OOOOOOOOOOH,that was a cheap shot!Sorry!

Anyway,who can he bring in?
    Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Re: Who Can Galisano to help the Sabres?

It's more important to re-sign everyone we have now.
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Dozerdog
      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

Re: Name some players Galisano can get to help the Sabres.

The guys we have were more than capable of getting into the cup. Resign them- especially McKee

It was just a freak of nature having the top 4 defensemen go down.

If we need to get a free agent or two- maybe look into someone like Ed Jovonoski or something like that (if it's not too expensive)

Maybe find a replacement for Teppo if he retires

Comment

• L.A. Playa
        • Aug 2003

cant say I know a whole lot about the salary structure in the NHL, but where not tthe Sabres one of the few clubs well below the cap ??

Their 2 best selling points could be we can give you more money and you will have more potential earning playing on the special team we are creating.

Probably the best Finals scenario for the Sabres is to have the Hurricane sweep Edmonton, that way they could say we where that close to winning it all

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
          • May 2003

I would say you need to sign pretty much everyone here now. You will have to try to get griere and McKee back. I don't know if they made enough money in the playoffs, but I might like to see like:

Defense
          Joe Corvo
          Pavel Kubina

Offense
          David Vyborny
          Mark Parrish

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

a good GM would not sit pat...even Polian went out and got Lofton...they have some tinkering to do...Mair, Pyatt, Gaustad all add some nicely needed grit but wouldn't you rather have had Whitney, Williams or Brin D'Amour in the lineup?

If Darcy resigns all these guys and does nothing else but replace those that retire (Teppo) and they don't make/win the Cup next year those that wanted the team kept intact would be the first to complain.

I agree. Sign all these guys but get me one or two more gritty players up front one being somebody over 30.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• SABuffalo786
              • Feb 2003

A guy like Jovanovski (sp) sounds real good at this point.
              "Do me a favor, say a prayer for brother Timmy. And tip a cold one. Go Bills." - Tom Brokaw

We are the Rockpile
              We are the Rockpile
              We are the Rockpile
              BUFF-A-LO

Comment

• Philagape
                WIN NOW
                • Jul 2002

I don't think they should do nothing as far as signing new guys, but the current players should be the top priority. With Teppo at 37, a D-man would be good to pick up.
                "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                  • Jan 2003

I can see trying to get someone for defensive depth. I liked how Janik played though and the limited time I saw Paetsh was ok. I wouldn't mind seeing another scorer with some grit. We need our guys to learn how to finish checks though. There seem to be only a half dozen forwards who will finish their checks and I think that contributed to us losing.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                    • Jan 2003

I also would like to say that I thought they needed to sign a player in the beginning. While I still think the right player might have helped, (hey Stillman could have helped us just by not being on the hurricanes), I was obviously mistaken in needing the help. Well MAYBE one more defenseman, but that would have been it. Who would have thought that this young team would play like they did? Certainly not me and I doubt even the biggest fans of the team who were saying to stay put (Dozer).

Obviously, we are set at goalie, especially if we can keep Biron. On defense we have what I consider six really solid players if McKee and Numinen can be resigned. Kalinin started playing very well before he got hurt, Tallinder took a major step forward and Lydman is a solid player. Campbell is probably the weakest link, but he is one of the better offensive players.

On offense, we did really well with everyone taking a turn scoring. I was a little disappointed that Hecht seemed to disappear in the playoffs for the most part and Afinagenov couldn't seem to buy a point though he at least looked like he was trying. They really missed Connolly and his playmaking skills since our offense seemed to come mostly from Briere and Drury.

I think with the way this team played last year, they deserve the benefit of the doubt and keep the same team in tact.

Comment

• Philagape
                      WIN NOW
                      • Jul 2002

I'd keep Campbell over Kalinin

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
                        I'd keep Campbell over Kalinin
                        based on what we saw the last 7 games I agree...however, Campbell has shown to be weak over the course of a regular season.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• LABillsFan
                          • Aug 2002

Well, Marty is gone. I really like him as a player and the spirit he brings to the team but he is too pricey. They'll have to replace him. But with who and realistically, they'll need someone with experience to come in and help Miller.

I really want McKee back, but I also can see The Sabres saving a lot of money going with another experienced Defenceman. Will he be willing to do what McKee did for this team? Who knows, but hopefully the rest of the team takes the next step and they won't need to rely on all that sacrificing.

Janik and Paetsh will probably get a bigger roles next year in the line up, they learned a lot this playoff series. a trade is always possible during the year if they can't make it.

Max is Max, I love the speed, the moves, and he had a breakout year, but he needs to prove he can finish. I'm not talking based on this years playoffs performance for saying this. It has been on my mind for the last 2. He really needs to show some improvement in this area. Hopefully he will.

Coaching needs to improve. The Sabres all year had a hard time getting the puck out of their end. Slinging the puck around behind the net seems to always go too far to complete a pass and goes to the opponents point man. THIS DROVE ME CRAZY ALL YEAR. I think the lack of size had a lot to do with it but not taking that second to make a direct pass or getting into a spot to get passed to has to do with coaching.

I like Grier, he is a leader and gives his all, but he gets a lot of scoring chances and can not finish. I wish he would because he would be that more valuable. I love his heart but he may be let go.

I think they are a little small for the battles in the corners. So if Grier is gone 2 bigger guys ala Gaustad.

I like the fact that there is a sense of brotherhood in the locker room, but we as fans will want more than just a good showing. There does need to be additions,
                          I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• Philagape
                            WIN NOW
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                            based on what we saw the last 7 games I agree...however, Campbell has shown to be weak over the course of a regular season.
                            He had me at the Hit

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                              • Jan 2003

Kalinin might have been our best defenseman when he got hurt. He was playing VERY good.

Comment

Working...
                              X