• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

The bar is set

While we're disappointed of course, most of us are rightfully proud of the team because no one dreamed we would make it as far as we did, and one can't help but be proud of the heart and passion we showed, regardless of the results.

However...

Next season, the honeymoon will be over. Now that we know what we're capable of, nothing less than the Stanley Cup will be acceptable. As much credit as Golisano and Darcy and Lindy deserve, they must deliver now or be held accountable. I WANT THE CUP.
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion
  • Bufftp
    Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Re: The bar is set

Darn I saw the thread title and thought you had the Bottles lined up, the ice and garnishes out, and you were ready to pour. That would be a Bombay Saphire and tonic please.

But I agree I expect the cup next year.
    Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
    "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
    Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
    - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
    to be led by permanent ideals -
    that is what keeps a man patient
    when the world ignores him,
    and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• don137
      • Jul 2002

It all depends upon the salary cap. There are a lot of guys that are up for retricted free agency and will get nice raises. As a result the question will be can the Sabres afford McKee, Grier, etc. My guess is they won't be able to sign them and the talent pool next year will be less than this year.

Comment

• Philagape
        WIN NOW
        • Jul 2002

We were under the cap this year, so there should be room for raises. The onus is on Golisano -- after making a profit this year, there's no excuse for him to not open the vault and pay every dime he's allowed to. Now we'll know whether we have an owner who will do whatever it takes to win it all.
        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• SabreEleven
          • Aug 2002

Not fit under the salary cap? We were $10 Mil under this year....

Comment

• LABillsFan
            • Aug 2002

The last repot I heard was that 11,000 seats are for season tickets next year. Whether paid for as of yet or not is a different story. If true that's money to bank on. Not bad at all.
            I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

Working...
            X