PDA

View Full Version : Jay Mckee

BillsNick
06-02-2006, 03:19 PM
I really hope that we re-sign Mckee to a long term deal. You can't replace a guy like that, I mean the guy was blocking everything. Makes you wonder if he didn't get that mysterious staff infection, what difference he may have had on the outcome of the game.

Don't let this guy go :pray:

SABuffalo786
06-02-2006, 05:31 PM
Yeah, it's a major priority, but I have a good feeling he'll stay.

He loves the area and I'm sure he knows how good this young team is going to get over the next few years...

Ebenezer
06-02-2006, 05:34 PM
Unless he happened to be on the ice for the double richochet or the PP goal by Brin D'Amour I don't think he would have made that much of a difference. I am not saying he isn't valuble. For one game a bunch of kids played way over their heads. I am saying the outcome last night, for one game, would have been the same.

Dr. Lecter
06-02-2006, 08:43 PM
He might have been a help on the PP goal. He was the Sabres best penalty killer on defense.

LABillsFan
06-02-2006, 08:46 PM
I'm wondering how long he played for with that staff infection. No way that came over night. All those pucks he blocked, some had to have broken skin.

Dr. Lecter
06-02-2006, 08:50 PM
The Buffalo News was pretty clear this happened quickly.

These infections can hit out of nowhere.

LABillsFan
06-02-2006, 08:55 PM
The Buffalo News was pretty clear this happened quickly.

These infections can hit out of nowhere.

I didn't hear of it until the day before the game. I don't know if the BN reported it any earlier but I would bank on Lindy not saying anything or McKee for that matter, until the last possible moment. Did the BN say when it had started?

Dr. Lecter
06-02-2006, 09:19 PM
The News said that he (McKee) was interviewed Wednesday night after the game and was fine. he woke up Thursday morning in pain. He tried to walk it off and ended up with a fever and leg convulsions on the way to the hospital.

I'll find the link.

Dr. Lecter
06-02-2006, 09:22 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060602/1045555.asp

LABillsFan
06-03-2006, 01:28 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060602/1045555.asp

I was hoping it was old time hockey. Hurt for weeks, never says anything because he doen't want to miss a game.

Ebenezer
06-03-2006, 02:27 AM
I was hoping it was old time hockey. Hurt for weeks, never says anything because he doen't want to miss a game.
the leg never healed because of all the blocked shots...only mistake really was trying to "walk it off" for hours...let's see...leg infection...bleeding, pussing...yeah, walk it off...not the smartest move.

LABillsFan
06-03-2006, 08:49 AM
the leg never healed because of all the blocked shots...only mistake really was trying to "walk it off" for hours...let's see...leg infection...bleeding, pussing...yeah, walk it off...not the smartest move.

It's just a flesh wound.

Dr. Lecter
06-03-2006, 09:39 AM
The biggest mistake was using shin pads that are over ten years old.

RockStar36
06-03-2006, 10:10 AM
The Sabres will re-sign him. I'm pretty confident of that.

As for game 7, I'm sure he wouldn't have let the puck sit between his legs waiting for Brindamour to hit it in like someone did.

SkateZilla
06-03-2006, 02:22 PM
umm

no cut on you shin will heal when your sweating bullets into a sock and shiguard thats shifting around :)

I have had similar experiences

Michael82
06-03-2006, 03:30 PM
I'm wondering how long he played for with that staff infection. No way that came over night. All those pucks he blocked, some had to have broken skin.
well, they said on WGR that the cut was from the 2nd round of the playoffs and apparently it just got worse until he got staff infection.

JD
06-03-2006, 06:15 PM
The Sabres will re-sign him. I'm pretty confident of that.

As for game 7, I'm sure he wouldn't have let the puck sit between his legs waiting for Brindamour to hit it in like someone did.
Are you talking about Fittlesticks?

MTBillsFan
06-03-2006, 07:03 PM
I'm sure if the doctor had let him play, he would've. As for the contract, lets not waste anytime resigning him! How many shots that he blocked over the season could've turned out to be goals?
GO SABRES in 07!

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
06-03-2006, 09:00 PM
If McKee/Numminen doesn't come back what do you guys think about signing Chara from Ottawa :question: Ottawa has to clean house :up: so if they do release Chara and if McKee/Numminen does not come back would you sign Chara he's tall 6 foot 9 and he can stand in front of the net and nobody can move him something that this PP needs sometimes. I WANT McKEE BACK!!!

RockStar36
06-04-2006, 12:17 AM
McKee needs to come back and most likely will. I would really like it if they signed Chara. Numminen will probably be back but I highly doubt he can last a whole season. Chara would be absolutely huge for this team.

ddaryl
06-04-2006, 07:05 AM
Unless he happened to be on the ice for the double richochet or the PP goal by Brin D'Amour I don't think he would have made that much of a difference. I am not saying he isn't valuble. For one game a bunch of kids played way over their heads. I am saying the outcome last night, for one game, would have been the same.

I disagree. That goal maybe not, but McKee would have been able to sniff out a play better, or make an outlet pass better, or not hesitate for a split second due to his experience, or block an extra shot or 2, or rally the bench with some words of veteran wisdom.

McKee being on the ice could have changed the entire game for better or worse, because he would have played his game, and a single outlet pass from a vet that sprung a 2 on 1 break that led to another goal tends to happen more often when a goto guy is dressed and playing.

Michael82
06-04-2006, 06:50 PM
I disagree. That goal maybe not, but McKee would have been able to sniff out a play better, or make an outlet pass better, or not hesitate for a split second due to his experience, or block an extra shot or 2, or rally the bench with some words of veteran wisdom.

McKee being on the ice could have changed the entire game for better or worse, because he would have played his game, and a single outlet pass from a vet that sprung a 2 on 1 break that led to another goal tends to happen more often when a goto guy is dressed and playing.
plus the other main defenseman would not have gotten tired out like they did, because McKee would have helped lessen their minutes played.

shelby
06-04-2006, 07:26 PM
Plus Rory Fitz stood there like a :curse:ing statue.:mad:

PUCKER
06-04-2006, 11:36 PM
Plus Rory Fitz stood there like a :curse:ing statue.:mad:

Reminds me of another statue in Buffalo...Bledsoe. :mad: