PDA

View Full Version : Another OTA Week Wraps Up

justasportsfan
06-02-2006, 04:34 PM
Aside from Gates , Wilson was another undrafted rookie last year that impressed me at camp but didn't get to see the field in regular season. Maybe this year they both get their chance.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3798

George Wilson was on the receiving end of two of them, one each from Losman and Nall. He ran a nice route and got just enough separation from the defender on his first one. On his second score he took advantage of a mismatch with a linebacker covering him.

Wilson, who spends a ton of time in Buffalo in the offseason, sees the hard work he puts in paying dividends.

"I've spent a lot of time with all three quarterbacks here this offseason," said Wilson. "I've tried to make a point to be around here every day to build that chemistry and continuity because we're in a new system with new routes. So to build that rapport again it's like starting over with a new scheme. So I'm putting the time in with the quarterbacks."

The Arkansas product is excited about how offensive coordinator Steve Fairchild's system is designed.

"I love the system," said Wilson. "It's wide receiver friendly. We can attack multiple coverages on any different pass play that's called. I now know why the receivers in St. Louis have been so successful in this system. There are going to be a lot of open guys."

Josh Reed had the other 7-on-7 red zone touchdown reception. Jonathan Smith had one in team work.

ICE74129
06-02-2006, 04:58 PM
TD's from JP And Nall....good ...good...

ShadowHawk7
06-04-2006, 05:16 PM
I've been pulling for Wilson since last preseason was very excited that he made the 53. Unfortunatley, we didn't use him at all. He's a longer shot this year but he still have not failed to impress and may just slide a Aiken or Smith off the roster.

YardRat
06-04-2006, 05:53 PM
Wilson, who spends a ton of time in Buffalo in the offseason, sees the hard work he puts in paying dividends.

"I've spent a lot of time with all three quarterbacks here this offseason," said Wilson. "I've tried to make a point to be around here every day to build that chemistry and continuity because we're in a new system with new routes. So to build that rapport again it's like starting over with a new scheme. So I'm putting the time in with the quarterbacks."

Nice. There are some veterans out there that could use the same attitude.