PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Nolan can still coach after all

chernobylwraiths
06-02-2006, 08:42 PM
I don't know if this was posted before but...

The Quebec Remparts defeated the Moncton Wildcats 6-2 on Sunday to win the Memorial Cup, awarded to Canada's top major junior club.

The game featured a pair of well-known coaches.

Legendary goaltender Patrick Roy is the part owner/GM/head coach of the Remparts. Roy decided to add the latter title early in the team's season.

The Wildcats, meanwhile, were led by former NHL coach of the year Ted Nolan, who made a return to coaching this season after several seasons on the sidelines.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/story?id=2466568

Though his team lost in the end, he still got them there.

YardRat
06-02-2006, 08:44 PM
He still got out-coached by a rookie.

chernobylwraiths
06-02-2006, 08:50 PM
He still got out-coached by a rookie.

I don't know about outcoached. Roy called the teenage goaltender for Nolan's team out saying he would let in a few soft goals possibly wrecking the poor kid. Especially since the kid idolized Roy.

I guess it would be too hard for some to admit that Nolan could still coach though since they have been spewing how he never really did anything while here.

gannd
06-02-2006, 08:53 PM
I don't know about outcoached. Roy called the teenage goaltender for Nolan's team out saying he would let in a few soft goals possibly wrecking the poor kid. Especially since the kid idolized Roy.

I guess it would be too hard for some to admit that Nolan could still coach though since they have been spewing how he never really did anything while here.

Roy looked soo bad and an *******. He will never get a coaching job again in something he doesnt own.

YardRat
06-02-2006, 08:54 PM
What did he do while here again?

chernobylwraiths
06-02-2006, 08:57 PM
Won something that Ruff never has won. A division title. :D

Dr. Lecter
06-02-2006, 09:19 PM
But not a conference title.

YardRat
06-02-2006, 09:21 PM
Won something that Ruff never has won. A division title. :D

That's right, I forgot. Eliminated in the first round as a #2 seed, right?

chernobylwraiths
06-02-2006, 09:24 PM
That's right, I forgot. Eliminated in the first round as a #2 seed, right?

Um WRONG. Eliminated in round two after beating the Senators, who were playing great hockey, with our backup goalie. Don't tell me you forgot the great Hasek knee injury?

chernobylwraiths
06-02-2006, 09:25 PM
But not a conference title.

Didn't really get a chance now did he?

Dr. Lecter
06-02-2006, 09:26 PM
no, no, no.

They won in game 7 in OT as a #2 seed.

Silly Rat.

Dr. Lecter
06-02-2006, 09:27 PM
Didn't really get a chance now did he?

He could have the year they were the #2 seed.

:str8face:

YardRat
06-02-2006, 09:30 PM
My bad :D

chernobylwraiths
06-02-2006, 09:46 PM
He could have the year they were the #2 seed.

:str8face:

Right. And of course when his only superstar and greatest goalie on the planet bailed on him and refused to play for him his chances were great.

PUCKER
06-03-2006, 02:29 AM
Good for him! :clap:

RockStar36
06-03-2006, 10:07 AM
Nolan isn't that great of a coach. Here's the thing w/ the Memorial Cup (from what I can remember)....

There are a few different leagues up in Canada that are part of the CHL. I think it is the 3 champions that go to the Memorial Cup. Also, the host city that year, that team gets into the Memorial Cup no matter what.

The year Erie won the OHL title and went to the Memorial Cup there was another team from the OHL that was terrible, but got to play in the Memorial Cup because they were the host city.

This year...Ted Nolan's team was the host city.

RockStar36
06-03-2006, 10:08 AM
And if anybody wants to say that Ted Nolan was a better coach than Lindy Ruff is..they are crazy. Absolutely crazy.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
06-03-2006, 10:39 PM
Who gives a crap about Ted Nolan! he blew it in the NHL! first with Hasek and second he went over the GM's head and that got Muckler fired. I didn't think that Nolan's team was that great when he was here! they were labeled the "hardest working team in hockey" but they weren't that great. The SABRES made the right choice in hiring Lindy. Teddy has made his bed now he must lie in it.

Wolffman
06-04-2006, 11:19 AM
Give it up about Nolan already! The guy hasn't had an NHL job since the Sabres, so obviously he wasn't as great as advertised.