PDA

View Full Version : KC Super Deuces 2006 Rookie Draft Recap

ryjam282
06-02-2006, 08:54 PM
1st round - Laurence Maroney - We were very happy to land the player we coveted in the first round of the draft with Maroney. We feel he is going to an offense in NE that likes to run the ball and with Corey Dillon on his last legs and also considering he had over 1600 yards in this offense 2 years ago we feel Maroney will be quite productive for us in the very near future. Not to mention, he will be quite a backup to Edge for at least a year or 2.

2nd round - "Deuce" Lutui - In the second round the KC franchise had to look at what we feel is the weakest position on this team in the Guard position. With Jake Grove's injury history and Pete Kendell not getting any younger we felt this was the only place to look.

3rd round - Jeremy Trueblood - Next the Super Deuces continued looking at the Oline and selected tackle Jeremy Trueblood. We feel Trueblood will be battling for a starting spot in TB this year and with his mean streak should be quite an addition to this ball club.

4th round - Leonard Pope - With our next selection we moved to what we believe will be one of our biggest sleepers. With no real competition in Arizona at the TE spot and knowing that he will never face a double team with Fitzgerald and Boldin at WR and Edge in the backfield, we couldn't pass up Leonard Pope. He is a massive specimen at 6'8" and will be a very nice backup to Gonzo on the Super Deuces team.

5th round - Clint Ingram - Next we moved to the defensive side of the ball and looked to strike gold once again like we did last year with Merriman and Lofa Tatupu by selecting OLB Clint Ingram. He will be battling for a starting spot in Jacksonville this year and he will be doing the same in KC with the Super Deuces next year against Roosevelt Colvin.

6th round - Joe Toledo - With the next pick, the Super Deuces couldn't pass up a chance to take someone we believe will be starting this year for the Dolphins at Guard, Joe Toledo. He will help us get very young on the offensive line as well as very competitive.

7th round - Victor Adeyanju - Moving back to the defensive side of the ball we had to grab this guy as he will move right into the defensive rotation at DE in St. Louis and should get a lot of playing time this year.

8th round - Kyle Williams - Rounding out what we believe is a very solid draft this year is another player we feel will get significant playing time this year. Williams will also move into the rotation at DT in Buffalo this year and should pay immediate dividends to the KC franchise.

Overall, there was only 2 players that we wanted that we couldn't get but overall we couldn't be happier with the way things went in the draft for us.

BillsFever21
08-15-2006, 09:30 AM
The Kyle Williams pick may turn out to be a steal for you. Even if he's never rated a 7+ even if you can get a 6 out of him with an 8th round pick it's a good deal.

Sportsuser101
08-15-2006, 02:01 PM
Yeah I'm kicking myself for drafting Lewis over Williams.

ryjam282
08-15-2006, 03:29 PM
Yeah, I like my draft here. With Maroney, I got a starter in a year or 2, Lutui might start, Pope and Trueblood appear to be starters as well. And with Williams looking good thus far, it could turn out to be another solid draft by the Super Deuces front office again this year. Now, if I could only get some damn receivers I would be OK : )