PDA

View Full Version : Packers and Bills hurt by OTA no shows?

jamze132
06-03-2006, 08:32 AM
Here is an exerpt from an article on Foxsports.com. I don't know how to do the hyperlink stuff:

2. If you asked me on May 1 to name the teams I thought would be in the bottom five of the NFL this year, I would've included both the Bills and Packers.

As June starts, I feel even more confident in that opinion.

For two teams that were horrible last season and changed coaches for the 2006 campaign, the veteran attendance at the voluntary workouts is downright deplorable.

Eleven signature Bills veterans missed workouts last week. And to add insult, Willis McGahee spent the time hanging out with Rich Eisen on NFL Network. Now I love Eisen and the folks at the NFL Network, but McGahee should place greater emphasis on his NFL career. And you would think that learning from and being around new offensive coordinator Steve Fairchild, who is putting in an entirely new system, would be a major priority.

Plus, a whopping 14 Packers missed the Green Bay voluntary workouts. You might think it would be a pressing concern for these players to eradicate the horrendous taste left in everyone's mouth from a year ago.

And don't just take my word for it. Here's what Aaron Kampman told us on Thursday. "Our team has changed with new faces. And our defense is based on fundamentals. You want to get that participation. You need to get the cohesiveness."

This is a terrible sign for both Green Bay and Buffalo.

jamze132
06-03-2006, 08:36 AM
The guy makes a valid point. But I'm not stressing over it. If players who are guarunteed to start aren't there, it's ok. It gives the younger guys a chance to play with the first and second unit's when they might not have had the opportunity to if all the starters are there. I am not worried about McGahee missing OTAs either. He just needs to receive the hand off and run his dumbass off.

Mahdi
06-03-2006, 08:48 AM
Defensively, Schobel, Triplett, McCargo, Williams, Anderson, Crowell, Spikes, Posey, all other back up LBs, McGee, King, Bowen, Wire, Ko and Baker are all there. I dont care about Fletcher and Clements. Whitner should start at SS and I think Spikes can play MLB and someone else can win the SLB spot. Youboty can start too the Cover 2 is not too complicated. On offense everyone but Willis is there and personally Im not thrilled about his attitude towards football in general I dont know how many times ive heard him say the words "just have fun" how about "Just Win". Let someone else take his job like A-Train or Gates.