PDA

View Full Version : I say we mortgage the future & bring a championship home!

Mitchy moo
06-03-2006, 02:57 PM
We really have nothing to lose & RW is not going to take his $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ with him. Let's blow big $$$$$$$$$ over the next few years & bring in some real talent. We are going to barely break the 5 win mark this season, so we might as well mortgage the future before the big "LA" move. What do you say?

ICE74129
06-03-2006, 03:02 PM
I say your posts are as stupid as ever.

The_Philster
06-03-2006, 03:05 PM
Yeah, skooby...cause that's worked so well for the Skins :rolleyes:

This IS all a joke, right? No one could actually come up with such ridiculous posts without intending them to look stupid

SquishDaFish
06-03-2006, 03:11 PM
Stop with the dumb threads already. And listen the Bills are NOT moving to LA get over it.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
06-03-2006, 04:54 PM
skoob.. are you just shootin' for 100K negs?

jamze132
06-03-2006, 05:05 PM
Can someone get rid of this guy?

The_Philster
06-03-2006, 05:12 PM
Can someone get rid of this guy?
excessively stupid posts aren't against the TOS..or else skooby's only one poster who'd've been :banned: long ago

Marvelous
06-03-2006, 05:17 PM
nm.

Jan Reimers
06-05-2006, 10:58 AM
I've got an idea. Let's draft, and acquire through FA or trades, highly motivated team players with intelligence and character, kind of the way Levy and Jauron have started our turnaround.

And kind of like NE has done.

Wouldn't having a good, winning team, rather than a bunch of overpaid prima donnas, be the best way to keep this team in Buffalo?

Mitchy moo
06-05-2006, 11:11 AM
I just want them to be winner's and a consistently good team. Notice how things turned around after NE won a few championships? I have seen more B (boston-sox) Hats here in FL than no other time in my life. They want to show how proud they are of their team, so do I.

Jan Reimers
06-05-2006, 11:27 AM
I just want them to be winner's and a consistently good team. Notice how things turned around after NE won a few championships? I have seen more B (boston-sox) Hats here in FL than no other time in my life. They want to show how proud they are of their team, so do I.
But NE built their great teams just the opposite from what you suggest.

ICE74129
06-05-2006, 11:44 AM
excessively stupid posts aren't against the TOS..or else skooby's only one poster who'd've been :banned: long ago

Its not that phil, guys like me piss others off because of how we post. I know with me I am not intentionally going out of my way to piss people off...It's just something that naturally happens :roflmao:

Skoob is intentionally trying to piss posters off with his pure stupidity. its called SPAM and it is against the TOS.

ICE74129
06-05-2006, 11:45 AM
I've got an idea. Let's draft, and acquire through FA or trades, highly motivated team players with intelligence and character, kind of the way Levy and Jauron have started our turnaround.

And kind of like NE has done.

Wouldn't having a good, winning team, rather than a bunch of overpaid prima donnas, be the best way to keep this team in Buffalo?

We have a handfull of crap guys that TD put on this team that we need to rid ourselfs of. Willis being #1. We do that and use FA/Draft to replace them AND Settle the QB situation once and for all....then we are back on track.

Jan Reimers
06-05-2006, 12:09 PM
We have a handfull of crap guys that TD put on this team that we need to rid ourselfs of. Willis being #1. We do that and use FA/Draft to replace them AND Settle the QB situation once and for all....then we are back on track.
I agree on Willis and some of TD's other guys, but feel that JP needs to play at least a full season before we can settle the QB situation. If JP proves to be the man, fine. If not, get another QB. But we need to: 1.) see what JP can do before we dump him, and 2.) realize that Holcomb will never be the answer, regardless.

ICE74129
06-05-2006, 01:37 PM
I agree on Willis and some of TD's other guys, but feel that JP needs to play at least a full season before we can settle the QB situation. If JP proves to be the man, fine. If not, get another QB. But we need to: 1.) see what JP can do before we dump him, and 2.) realize that Holcomb will never be the answer, regardless.

I'm not talking skill though JR. I am talking crappy attitudes. NO ONE can question JP's attitude or work ethic. If the veterans on this team had his work ethic and desire we would be a playoff team by now.

the only problem with JP is a lack of playing time and real game experience.

OpIv37
06-05-2006, 01:39 PM
We really have nothing to lose & RW is not going to take his $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ with him. Let's blow big $$$$$$$$$ over the next few years & bring in some real talent. We are going to barely break the 5 win mark this season, so we might as well mortgage the future before the big "LA" move. What do you say?

I won't dignify this post with a response. Negged.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
06-05-2006, 02:25 PM
I won't dignify this post with a response. Negged.

OPIv37 you are playing right into Skoob's hands... he is trying his hardest to get to 100K neggs and you just upped (or downed) his total :)

ICE74129
06-05-2006, 02:55 PM
OPIv37 you are playing right into Skoob's hands... he is trying his hardest to get to 100K neggs and you just upped (or downed) his total :)

I think the mods need to tell him if he makes it, its an automatic lifetime ban.

Mitchy moo
06-05-2006, 02:56 PM

I try to give different points of view, some people like it some don't. Hopefully I will even by mid-season.

Jan Reimers
06-05-2006, 03:02 PM
I try to give different points of view, some people like it some don't. Hopefully I will even by mid-season.
You are the eternal optimist, Skoob.

ICE74129
06-05-2006, 04:06 PM

If even is -250K yeah you would be right.

Mitchy moo
06-06-2006, 07:47 AM
If even is -250K yeah you would be right.

I call it like I see it, other's just agree with everyone to get positive marks.

ICE74129
06-06-2006, 09:13 AM
I call it like I see it, other's just agree with everyone to get positive marks.

No your posts are just ****ing stupid and are nothing but spam.

Mitchy moo
06-06-2006, 10:18 AM

This is a TOS and will be reported.

ICE74129
06-06-2006, 10:26 AM

Report what? Fact?

LMAO.

The_Philster
06-06-2006, 03:34 PM
actually, no it isn't. He attacked your post, not you...and posts like the one you started this thread with are rather idiotic. The Redskins already proved that it doesn't work. No amount of money will bring in a team guaranteed to win a title. It takes a hell of a lot more than the highest-paid roster in the league. Hell, looking back, we proved it doesn't work all that well. John Butler was always overpaying players and mortgaging the future in the hopes we'd win it all.

Mitchy moo
06-06-2006, 11:17 PM
actually, no it isn't. He attacked your post, not you...and posts like the one you started this thread with are rather idiotic. The Redskins already proved that it doesn't work. No amount of money will bring in a team guaranteed to win a title. It takes a hell of a lot more than the highest-paid roster in the league. Hell, looking back, we proved it doesn't work all that well. John Butler was always overpaying players and mortgaging the future in the hopes we'd win it all.

We had alot of fun back then phil & lived in good times. These are not what I call good times lately.

The_Philster
06-07-2006, 04:31 AM
We had alot of fun back then phil & lived in good times. These are not what I call good times lately.
Those good times forced us to have seasons like 2001...and didn't bring us any titles

THE END OF ALL DAYS
06-07-2006, 05:12 AM

bad times does not excuse stupid posts, Skoob. you KNOW you started this thread just to get people to disagree with you, it was not generated to create a serious discussion.

ddaryl
06-07-2006, 05:59 AM

fully agree, Skooby is more of antagonizer then a Bills fan. One thing to have a different opinion, it's another to just post foolish crap over and over again with the intent of startng flame wars.

It has been proven you cannot buy a championship in the salary cap NFL. You can parts, but the most succesful teams always build the majority of their core from within.

Jan Reimers
06-07-2006, 07:58 AM
Marv is back and seems to have a solid plan to rebuild this team. I think the good times may be back in a year or two.

Mitchy moo
06-07-2006, 11:14 AM
Marv is back and seems to have a solid plan to rebuild this team. I think the good times may be back in a year or two.

that would be cool.

ICE74129
06-07-2006, 11:25 AM

I don't think after watching this last draft he can pull it off. I am almost certain they wont with Ralph as owner.

Mr. Cynical
06-07-2006, 12:10 PM
But NE built their great teams just the opposite from what you suggest.

You're right on with this one..but...we have Dick, they have Belichick. That's been my issue since Day 1 (see sig). Dick has done nothing to make me believe he can do it.

And for those that are going to point out BB's Cleveland days...yes, he wasn't successful there. But he WAS very successful as a coordinator afterwards. NONE of Dick's defenses have been in the top 10.

ICE74129
06-07-2006, 02:24 PM
You're right on with this one..but...we have Dick, they have Belichick. That's been my issue since Day 1 (see sig). Dick has done nothing to make me believe he can do it.

And for those that are going to point out BB's Cleveland days...yes, he wasn't successful there. But he WAS very successful as a coordinator afterwards. NONE of Dick's defenses have been in the top 10.

Agreed. BB was breaking down film with his old man at age 10!!! You can hate him all you want, that doesn't change the FACT the man is one of the most outstanding coaches of all time

Mitchy moo
06-07-2006, 02:34 PM
Agreed. BB was breaking down film with his old man at age 10!!! You can hate him all you want, that doesn't change the FACT the man is one of the most outstanding coaches of all time

So what do you think the Bills should do now Ice?

ICE74129
06-07-2006, 02:50 PM
So what do you think the Bills should do now Ice?

Start by hopeing ralph sells. Nothing really changes till he is gone

Mitchy moo
06-07-2006, 02:53 PM

Wow, so you agree w/ me. Sweet.

The_Philster
06-07-2006, 03:13 PM
I don't think after watching this last draft he can pull it off.It's really impossible to accurately gauge a draft before even a game is played. The only thing we know about the guys we picked up is that there were bigger names out there that we could've gotten. These guys could end up being better players than those big names when all is said and done. Personally, I've got guarded optimism regarding the draft to some extents. I was far from thrilled about it, but I'm not ready to slit my wrists over it either.

Wow, so you agree w/ me. Sweet.There's a reason to rethink your stance, ICE :D

ICE74129
06-07-2006, 03:24 PM
It's really impossible to accurately gauge a draft before even a game is played. The only thing we know about the guys we picked up is that there were bigger names out there that we could've gotten. These guys could end up being better players than those big names when all is said and done. Personally, I've got guarded optimism regarding the draft to some extents. I was far from thrilled about it, but I'm not ready to slit my wrists over it either.

There's a reason to rethink your stance, ICE :D

Damn it to hell...:roflmao:

Mr. Cynical
06-07-2006, 08:03 PM
There's a reason to rethink your stance, ICE :D

:rofl:

I'll give ya that one...very funny.

:posrep:

Mitchy moo
06-08-2006, 12:46 AM
Good 1.