PDA

View Full Version : Underrated Wideouts of the Last 25 Years

G. Host
06-03-2006, 06:10 PM
Andre Reed
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0605/gallery.underratedreceivers/content.5.html
http://i.a.cnn.net./si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0605/gallery.underratedreceivers/images/05096627.jpg
He is in the top 10 of virtually every receiving category and was a key figure in the Bills' four trips to the Super Bowl. But he appears to be fighting an uphill battle to make it into the Hall of Fame.

Warning: Photo #3 shows Bills as well but not as a star.

patmoran2006
06-03-2006, 09:08 PM
Good list and I think Tim Brown is a good pick at no. 1

Meathead
06-04-2006, 02:39 PM
cmon andre will make the hall how can he not, you just cant ignore the stats and eventually theyll vote him in

Jan Reimers
06-05-2006, 10:47 AM
Andre Reed is better than most receivers already in the HOF. If he is not eventually voted in, it will be a travesty.

The sad thing is, idiots like TO and Randy Moss will definitely get in.

ICE74129
06-05-2006, 11:01 AM
cmon andre will make the hall how can he not, you just cant ignore the stats and eventually theyll vote him in

Its easy, he lost 4 and art monk won 3. But Monk isn't in I believe. So what does that say? Reed might have a shot, but it wont' be for a long time. Thurmal might have hell getting in.

Marv, Jimbo and Bruce were the cornerstones of that team. Jim is the only guy in NFL history to lead a team to 4 straight and calling his own plays to boot. The NFL community knows HE saved this franchise (sorry not flutie) and know what he did. His was a HOF career. Reed and Thrumal went to other teams and sucked ,then signed one day deals to retire. that hurts them

Jan Reimers
06-05-2006, 11:15 AM
Thuman will definitely get in. I believe he led the league in total yards from scrimmage 4 straight years, which should be enough in itself. And he has great career numbers and the 4 consecutive SBs - win or lose, that's pretty impressive.

don137
06-05-2006, 11:56 AM
I personally do not think TO will get in the HOF unless he undergoes a major transformation. Ricky Williams is another person that will not make it in the HOF but has the talent to get in.

ICE74129
06-05-2006, 02:13 PM
Thuman will definitely get in. I believe he led the league in total yards from scrimmage 4 straight years, which should be enough in itself. And he has great career numbers and the 4 consecutive SBs - win or lose, that's pretty impressive.

I don't see it JR. He dropped off greatly his last 4 years AND unfortunately Marshal Faulk really surpassed Thurmans glory of being the best all around back out there.

Then there is the attitude in the press and the helmet incident...

bledslow
06-05-2006, 02:27 PM
Its easy, he lost 4 and art monk won 3. But Monk isn't in I believe. So what does that say? Reed might have a shot, but it wont' be for a long time. Thurmal might have hell getting in.

Marv, Jimbo and Bruce were the cornerstones of that team. Jim is the only guy in NFL history to lead a team to 4 straight and calling his own plays to boot. The NFL community knows HE saved this franchise (sorry not flutie) and know what he did. His was a HOF career. Reed and Thrumal went to other teams and sucked ,then signed one day deals to retire. that hurts them

They were just as big(if not bigger) then jim and bruce.There are no super bowls without reed and ESPECIALLY thomas. and they were much older (and more worn and torn) when they went to other teams.bruce was not actually dominate when he went to another team either.and jimbo was embarrasing in his last few years in buf as it was.----