• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Thurman Gets it,

(June 6, 2006) — BATAVIA — Thurman Thomas knows what it's like to be regarded as the best running back in the NFL. The former Buffalo Bill led the league in yards from scrimmage a record four consecutive seasons from 1989-92.
    So how does the team's all-time leading rusher feel about Willis McGahee skipping all of the Bills off-season practices so far?

Thomas didn't mince words when asked about McGahee on Monday before teeing off in the 20th annual Jim Kelly Celebrity Classic at Terry Hills Golf Club.
    "You know, those are those guys from the U," said Thomas, referring to players from the University of Miami. "They walk to a different beat. I wish he were at camp. He is basically the offense and they're putting in a new (system) and he should be a part of it."

The Bills, who will conduct another series of voluntary organized team activities this week and next week hold a mandatory camp, are holding their breath that McGahee will show.
    Said Thomas: "I know when we played whether it was mandatory or voluntary, we showed up. "We didn't do a lot, but we showed up (laughter). Maybe it's a different breed now. But he (McGahee) is the main guy for the Bills' offense and if you want to be a true leader and if you call yourself the best back in the NFL, then you should act like it and show your true colors and be here."

Thurman Thomas is still one the great RB's this league has ever known. He knows what it takes to get to the Superbowl, and IMO MGahee just doesn't have the same heart.

This may be a dead hosre issue, but I'm glad its not going away.

Bruce Smith used to hold out on us, but this was well after he established himself as one of best DE's the league has ever known, but it was trainng camps he used to hold out of, I'm not sure about Bruce's voluntary camp attendance. Plus Bruce always held out for money, Willis is just not showing up.

IMO McGahee not being here will translate into a RB who is not a leader and a guy who when the chips are down doesn't have the heart or drive to be a consistent difference maker, or a game definer.

So the million dollar question. Will Willis show up at next weeks voluntary workout, or does he blow us off yet again? if he blows us off yet again will certain Bills fans still defend him ?

I really am interested in hearing all of Willis' reasons for not being here. I hope he shows up but even if he does I'm still sour on him. I expext our star RB to be here regulalry and to be a leader. I personbally won't pamper million dollar athletes, I expect them to be here.

I'll always root for WM as long as he's a Bill, but the writing is on the wall here, vets that blow off voluntary camps are not going to be Buffalo Bills for long during the Marv Levy era IMO.

• BillsFever21
    • Aug 2004

Re: Thurman Gets it,

If he doesn't show up for the mandatory camp then there will be serious problems going on.

I would love for everyone to show up for voluntary camps but there are a lot of players that don't.

I have voluntary training classes and meetings at work. I don't get paid for them. I still show up though.

There might be other things I'd rather be doing but it makes you look lazy, less dedicated and less motivated to become better at your job if you don't attend.

I actually learn something at these too. I have learned things that has made me become better at my job. There are things these players could be learning too if they were there.

I'm not gonna sit here and keep whining about it though. It's not worth the time and energy and there is nothing we can do about it. That is their choice whether they wanna go or stay home.

Comment

• ICE74129
      Legendary Zoner
      • Feb 2005

I will say this again, Yeah Thurman, Jim, Bruce all had egos. The Difference is a SELF MOTIVATION to be the BEST. Sorry you can't put bruce in the same situational catigory as Willis. Bruce was at the facility busting his ass with Rusty Jones to be in the best shape possible. He was still here for meetings, etc. Willis is down at the U partying his ass off and doing the minimum possible.

These *******s from the U dont' care about being the best. Its a CLUB to them. When will fans get it. They all just want the money then come back to college every offseason to get thier asses kissed and treated like Gods. This instead of GRWOING UP and meeting the obligation to the team that is paying you all that jack. Teams aren't paying them to go down and screw off, they are paying them that money to try and be the best they can to help the TEAM win.

Comment

• Dont drink the water
        • Oct 2005

Willis just does not get it. He has been a mediocre back for what it cost the Bills - first round pick, dealing with scum of agent and one year of pay but no play - and despite his heralded "top three" talent LOTS of players fall in draft even without injuries for things such as work ethics and committment. RB is one of those positions which a top draft pick is not necessarily needed to find a quality back and Donahoe should not have chosen the headcase. It is not just not being unwilling to show up for volunteer training camp but the whole package and right now the sign reads "Discount on Aisle Three".

Comment

• don137
          • Jul 2002

What separates players like Thurman from Willis is Thurman was a team guy and was willing to do what it takes for the team. WM rather talk the talk than walk the walk. You lead by example and to me WM is not a leader. He should realize to be effective he needs to learn the system especially since it is a new system. WM also has shown that he is as dumb as rocks so he needs as long as possible to learn the system. Being physically fit is only half the makeup of a winner. To lead and know what you are suppose to be doing is the other half. He can be as fit working at the"U" with his buddies but if he wants to be great he needs to be here learning the system.

Comment

• eyedog
            • Jul 2002

I agree with all of you regarding Willis but lets not let off the other "leaders" who can't seem to make it either.

Comment

• Patti120
              • Aug 2004

I enjoyed Thurms leadership when he lost his helmet in the superbowl game. :)

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

I wouldn't be surprised if both Marv and Dick let them go ahead and report whenever they are ready as long as they show up 150% for training camp. Marv always ran a laid back camp and Dick is a "players coach". It's uncharacteristic of Flectcher to take time off.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Stewie
                  Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
                  • Aug 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                  I will say this again, Yeah Thurman, Jim, Bruce all had egos. The Difference is a SELF MOTIVATION to be the BEST. Sorry you can't put bruce in the same situational catigory as Willis. Bruce was at the facility busting his ass with Rusty Jones to be in the best shape possible. He was still here for meetings, etc. Willis is down at the U partying his ass off and doing the minimum possible.

These *******s from the U dont' care about being the best. Its a CLUB to them. When will fans get it. They all just want the money then come back to college every offseason to get thier asses kissed and treated like Gods. This instead of GRWOING UP and meeting the obligation to the team that is paying you all that jack. Teams aren't paying them to go down and screw off, they are paying them that money to try and be the best they can to help the TEAM win.
                  Ice, one person can never be "the best" at a team sport while simultaneously ignoring practicing teammates.

Bruce was just one of the best DL of alltime.

Willis is looking more and more like a chump who just wants another signing bonus and a TV/Radio/Hip-hop career.
                  Originally posted by Topdog
                  Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
                  Originally posted by mercyrule
                  I love Weiner.
                  Originally posted by mercyrule
                  also cheese

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by paulB
                    Ice, one person can never be "the best" at a team sport while simultaneously ignoring practicing teammates.

Bruce was just one of the best DL of alltime.

Willis is looking more and more like a chump who just wants another signing bonus and a TV/Radio/Hip-hop career.
                    I really dont' think the sob wants to play football. He just wants to collect a check and hang out at madden events with C Johnson and Edge and be on TV.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                      • May 2003

That's why Thurman is a Hall of Famer, and McGahee is a punk.
                      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                        That's why Thurman is a Hall of Famer, and McGahee is a punk.
                        EXACTLY!

Comment

• tat2dmike77
                          Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
                          • Dec 2005

Willis is nothing more then the TO version of a RB

He shoots off at the mouth. Claims he is the greatest back in the league and wants nothing to do with his team. I say if he holds out trade his ass for a pick next year. I know who would take him? I dunno but if dallas is willing to sign TO then someone will take Baby TO

Comment

• ICE74129
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by tat2dmike77
                            Willis is nothing more then the TO version of a RB

He shoots off at the mouth. Claims he is the greatest back in the league and wants nothing to do with his team. I say if he holds out trade his ass for a pick next year. I know who would take him? I dunno but if dallas is willing to sign TO then someone will take Baby TO
                            Yeah but Mike TO IS possibly the best damn WR out there. The guy mouths off then goes and catches 1500 yards and 15 TD's. Willis = Done nothing in this league but be an AVERAGE back.

Comment

• tat2dmike77
                              Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
                              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by ICE74129
                              Yeah but Mike TO IS possibly the best damn WR out there. The guy mouths off then goes and catches 1500 yards and 15 TD's. Willis = Done nothing in this league but be an AVERAGE back.
                              You get my point though

Comment

Working...
                              X