PDA

View Full Version : Bills Sign DE Cooper to Begin Another Week of OTAs

justasportsfan
06-06-2006, 03:36 PM
Wooohoooo! We homers are now predicting an undefeated season and a sb win. Right Ice?

A day after signing free agent quarterback Kliff Kingsbury to the roster, Buffalo added a defensive lineman as well.

Free agent defensive end Joshua Cooper was added to the roster Tuesday. Playing for the World Bowl champion Frankfurt Galaxy this past spring in NFL Europe as a starting defensive end, Cooper compiled 26 tackles, two sacks, a pass breakup and a forced fumble.

Two minute drill
The Bills jumped right into their two-minute drill work in Tuesday's session. Kelly Holcomb went with the first unit and moved the team down the field well. Lee Evans, Josh Reed and Jonathan "Freddie" Smith all caught passes on the drive. The possession ended however, when Matt Bowen broke up a pass to the back of the end zone.

The second two-minute drill was led by J.P. Losman, who was almost picked off right off the bat, but hit every other pass he threw on the drive with the exception of a play where pass interference could have been called.

Andre Davis, George Wilson, Martin Nance and Brad Cieslak all pulled in passes on the drive. Wilson converted a big third down in the red zone and Cieslak's reception got Buffalo's offense to the one-yard line. Losman was able to spike the ball to stop the clock, but the allotted time in practice for two-minute drill work had expired so they ended it there.

more.... http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3805

ICE74129
06-06-2006, 03:56 PM
Wooohoooo! We homers are now predicting an undefeated season and a sb win. Right Ice?

LMAO another stupid post.

BTW...seems the Bills braintrust are hell bent on handing the job to holcomb. I see 3-13 easy with captain career loser at the helm

Marvelous
06-06-2006, 04:10 PM
Camp drones. What was that RB's name from 6 years ago? Simenson? Who was riping up NFLE. He was just a camp tool. Who cares abiut these cheap signings. Not like we have cap troubles nor is he expected to compete with Schobel for starting RE.

justasportsfan
06-06-2006, 04:16 PM

BTW...seems the Bills braintrust are hell bent on handing the job to holcomb. Sometimes I wish that were true just so that you become a finfan :D.

ICE74129
06-06-2006, 04:18 PM
Camp drones. What was that RB's name from 6 years ago? Simenson? Who was riping up NFLE. He was just a camp tool. Who cares abiut these cheap signings. Not like we have cap troubles nor is he expected to compete with Schobel for starting RE.

I know. We are sitting on about 9 mill in cap room I think. Our signings will be about 3 mill of that. So we go into camp with 6 mill in cap room, giving a worthless QB the job so we end up 3-13 or better.

But hey, ralph sure gets to save some money!!

ICE74129
06-06-2006, 04:19 PM
Sometimes I wish that were true just so that you become a finfan :D.

I have rooted for the panthers since the day they got the team. I have a winner to root for. Too bad ralph is more worried about his pocket book than fielding a good front office and a competitive team. The Bills fans deserve better.

But I figure Thurmal is right and the team is tits up in about 3 years anyway.

SquishDaFish
06-06-2006, 04:24 PM
Then go to their fan board and leave this one. We dont need fans like you.

Night Train
06-06-2006, 04:42 PM
I still think Losman will be our starter come opening day, unless he is injured.

The June 2nd Chris Brown blog showed he is getting better every week. Can't wait to see him in camp and the pre-season games. I bet he seperates himself from the other 2.

This is all an exercise to win the other players over, IMO. Jauron is playing this right. He so much more athletically gifted than the others and seemed to work well with Evans. If he can find the TE, he's the guy.

ICE74129
06-06-2006, 06:15 PM
Then go to their fan board and leave this one. We dont need fans like you.

Get back to groaning on every post of mine you can find homer.

ICE74129
06-06-2006, 06:16 PM
I still think Losman will be our starter come opening day, unless he is injured.

The June 2nd Chris Brown blog showed he is getting better every week. Can't wait to see him in camp and the pre-season games. I bet he seperates himself from the other 2.

This is all an exercise to win the other players over, IMO. Jauron is playing this right. He so much more athletically gifted than the others and seemed to work well with Evans. If he can find the TE, he's the guy.

From what I am reading he doesnt' get to throw much to Evans with holcomb taking the snaps with the first string

OpIv37
06-06-2006, 07:42 PM

no one is saying he'll compete with Schobel. But the other DE spot is filled with Kelsay and Denney. A remote control toy robot from Radio Shack could give them fierce camp competition.

justasportsfan
06-06-2006, 07:46 PM

.I agree. Putting KH slighty ahead of him should give JP more reason to do his best. KH may be able to read defenses but his arm isn't gonna allow him to have big plays. JP is still in the process of learning. Once he get's it, he should take over.

patmoran2006
06-06-2006, 07:49 PM
Sometimes I wish that were true just so that you become a finfan :D.
I rooted for the bills to draft vince young for the SOLE reason he vowed to stop being a bills fan.

Every day I come on BZ makes me hope holcomb wins the job more and more..

patmoran2006
06-06-2006, 07:53 PM
This team has Spikes, Fletcher, Clements, McGahee, Evans, Peters and 47 role players..

Camp should actually be interesting this year.

feelthepain
06-06-2006, 08:05 PM

BTW...seems the Bills braintrust are hell bent on handing the job to holcomb. I see 3-13 easy with captain career loser at the helm

I know you really, really,really,really,really,really think JP is better without one ounce of proof to backup your opinion. Don't you think the coaches want to win?? If JP is really better (LIKE YOU THINK) why wouldn't he be the man?? At least Holcomb has been in the league for a long time. You don't last in the league that long if you don't have some ability. You keep trying to sell the "JP HASN'T HAD A FAIR SHOT YET" thing and the only one who can change that is JP. Don't you think if JP was knocking peoples socks off he would get the starting job?? I really don't understand why you refuse to accept any other option, but JP. It's not like Hocomb played like Ryan Leaf or Tim Couch, he played well considering. Was he a probowler?? No!! Was he better then JP??Yes, maybe you should look at it this way, maybe JP just needs a little more time to devlop and he can help by watching and learning, not all HOF QB's started and played early in their careers, look at Steve Young...remind you of anyone??

ParanoidAndroid
06-06-2006, 08:58 PM
I have rooted for the panthers since the day they got the team. I have a winner to root for. Too bad ralph is more worried about his pocket book than fielding a good front office and a competitive team. The Bills fans deserve better.

Worst post ever!!!!!!

Post Edited for TOS VIOLATION, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILER

patmoran2006
06-06-2006, 09:15 PM
Fair-weathered fans.. You just can't avoid them.

patmoran2006
06-06-2006, 09:16 PM
I know you really, really,really,really,really,really think JP is better without one ounce of proof to backup your opinion. Don't you think the coaches want to win?? If JP is really better (LIKE YOU THINK) why wouldn't he be the man?? At least Holcomb has been in the league for a long time. You don't last in the league that long if you don't have some ability. You keep trying to sell the "JP HASN'T HAD A FAIR SHOT YET" thing and the only one who can change that is JP. Don't you think if JP was knocking peoples socks off he would get the starting job?? I really don't understand why you refuse to accept any other option, but JP. It's not like Hocomb played like Ryan Leaf or Tim Couch, he played well considering. Was he a probowler?? No!! Was he better then JP??Yes, maybe you should look at it this way, maybe JP just needs a little more time to devlop and he can help by watching and learning, not all HOF QB's started and played early in their careers, look at Steve Young...remind you of anyone??

Don't bother, it's only good competition at spots HE sees fit.. Forget about the most important position on the team in Quarterback.. Lets just start someone automatically because they are younger or a high draft pick..

You should know better.. Weren't you here for 10 days or so leading up the draft and then the aftermath AFTER it?

patmoran2006
06-06-2006, 09:21 PM
Forgive me Lord, Nothern, Dozzy and the powers that be.. But this is just the crap that totally sets me off...

Originally Posted by ICE74129

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are the single biggest HYPOCRITE this message board has EVER seen.. NO wonder you've been booted off other ones... We dont have a "good front office" suddenly.. Is THAT WHAT YOU ARE SAYING??

Jesus Christ man.. From the day Marv was hired ALL the way through FA it was "Marv and Tom" and "Marv, Tom and CO" this and that from you.. "2-year plan" blahblahyblahblahblahblah..

Now because we have a draft that YOU PERSONALLY don't like.. and because they aren't going to just HAND the starting quarterback spot to someone YOU want, all of a sudden the Bills Front Office sucks and the entire team for that matter?

Did marv forget about football in 60 days, Ice? What's the deal, enlighten me.

You disgust me.. Please go put on your Panthers t-shirt and annoy the hell out of their fans.

Post Edited, do not circumvent the filter!

ICE74129
06-06-2006, 10:08 PM

You are saying that a perinial loser is Joe Montana? That was the ONLY Reason Young sat in SF. The absolute best QB ever was in front of him.

Holcomb has stayed because he is a serviceable BACKUP, not a starter. The problem is the Bills want to START a career loser that is a backup at best. If that is the case, scrap them all and get a starter in here.

ICE74129
06-06-2006, 10:10 PM
Worst post ever!!!!!!

Post Edited for TOS VIOLATION, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILER

I see the mods had to modify your stupid post, not suprising. So tell me, what did I say that was wrong? Fox, the guy we passed over, is a complete winner. So is the org as a whole after a rough start their first few years in the league.

The Bills were losers before polian and have been losers pretty much since. You can thank Ralph for that. And read the whole post, you know the part where I say us bills fans deserve better.

DraftBoy
06-06-2006, 10:35 PM
I see the mods had to modify your stupid post, not suprising. So tell me, what did I say that was wrong? Fox, the guy we passed over, is a complete winner. So is the org as a whole after a rough start their first few years in the league.

The Bills were losers before polian and have been losers pretty much since. You can thank Ralph for that. And read the whole post, you know the part where I say us bills fans deserve better.

well my issue would be that you base your logic off hindsight and say we should of choosen Fox bc he is a winner and helped CAR around even though at the time of the decision he hadn won jack, nor shown any signs of being a prodigal coach. So go and be a Panthers fan, but dont spout logic using hindsight as its main component.

patmoran2006
06-06-2006, 10:48 PM
Is it Ralph Wilson's fault we didnt hire Fox?? No.. It was Donahoe's decision.

People sit here and blast Wilson left and right when the truth is if the Bills had one of about 90% of the other owner's in the league they'd have been the LA Bills long ago.

patmoran2006
06-06-2006, 10:50 PM
And what said is wrong is you sit here and call yourself a real fan, but the REALITY is your ONLY a fan when the organization does something the way YOU want it down..

Holcomb, Nall, Losman, Klingsberry, Ferguson, Joe Dufek.. I dont care WHO the QB is if they win on Sunday..

Whitner, McCargo, Bunkley, Justice, Mandrich, Audray Bruce- I dont care WHO they draft if they help the team.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
06-07-2006, 07:15 AM

I am not sure the quoted post is demonstative of my point, but You know, Ice, When you stay on the topic and post about football, I enjoy your posts... I think you have some good points.

... but with all due respect, when you go off on people and become so acerbic and demeaning, you only make yourself look bad.

This constant TOS threats is more then childish and quite frankly boring.

Please stick to football... That way I can look forward to seeing your posts instead of rolling my eyes at childish name calling.

Again, I say this respectfully to you.

:)

justasportsfan
06-07-2006, 08:06 AM
Is it Ralph Wilson's fault we didnt hire Fox?? No.. It was Donahoe's decision.

Don't tell ICE that. He may have to change his sources and finally get it right. I wouldn't be surprised if the only reason that Panthers fan post here is because the panthers fans don't want him around and we're the only ones who plays along with his BS.

bigbub2352
06-07-2006, 09:36 AM
I dont know about Montana or Young being the best QB ever, it is not hard to be good when you have Roger Craig, John Taylor, Brent Jones, and some guy who wore the number 80, as well as Tom Rathman, that team was loaded, i am not saying they weren't outstanding but a few names come to mind that i think were better because the one the same title with less talent on there roster

patmoran2006
06-07-2006, 10:36 AM
I dont know about Montana or Young being the best QB ever, it is not hard to be good when you have Roger Craig, John Taylor, Brent Jones, and some guy who wore the number 80, as well as Tom Rathman, that team was loaded, i am not saying they weren't outstanding but a few names come to mind that i think were better because the one the same title with less talent on there roster

I agree, thats why my pick will be Brady when it's all said and done..

How many elite RB's and WRs has he had?

ICE74129
06-07-2006, 11:26 AM
well my issue would be that you base your logic off hindsight and say we should of choosen Fox bc he is a winner and helped CAR around even though at the time of the decision he hadn won jack, nor shown any signs of being a prodigal coach. So go and be a Panthers fan, but dont spout logic using hindsight as its main component.

I wanted fox from the git go. Its more than obvious richardson has a better grip than Ralph does as well.

ICE74129
06-07-2006, 11:30 AM
Don't tell ICE that. He may have to change his sources and finally get it right. I wouldn't be surprised if the only reason that Panthers fan post here is because the panthers fans don't want him around and we're the only ones who plays along with his BS.

Another post showing pure stupidity and a lack of comprehension. Do you try at this or are you honestly that bad off?

BTW, it was reported shortly after TD's departure RALPH WILSON didn't want Fox, not tom donahoe. I think it was ESPN that reported this during our coaching search. But this has been a known issue for some time. He didn't like his 'interviewing skills'. Yeah well ralph, he has been to a superbowl already and his team competes consistantly to be a top team. How about your team? Oh thats right, since you fired polian for calling your ***** of a daughter a *****, the Bills have been on a downward spiral to football hell.

Ralph is the #1 singlemost problem with the Bills. When he is out of the picture, we will start turning this thing around.

justasportsfan
06-07-2006, 11:47 AM
Another post showing pure stupidity and a lack of comprehension. Do you try at this or are you honestly that bad off?

BTW, it was reported shortly after TD's departure RALPH WILSON didn't want Fox, not tom donahoe. I think it was ESPN that reported this during our coaching search. But this has been a known issue for some time. He didn't like his 'interviewing skills'. Yeah well ralph, he has been to a superbowl already and his team competes consistantly to be a top team. How about your team? Oh thats right, since you fired polian for calling your ***** of a daughter a *****, the Bills have been on a downward spiral to football hell.

Ralph is the #1 singlemost problem with the Bills. When he is out of the picture, we will start turning this thing around.
I agree with the Ralph part needs to go, but wasn't it media that reported that JP was being traded?

It's pretty obvious "Panthers fan" that your posts are dumber than you know. Self contradiction is your middle name.

ICE74129
06-07-2006, 11:50 AM
I agree with the Ralph part needs to go, but wasn't it media that reported that JP was being traded?

It's pretty obvious "Panthers fan" that your posts are dumber than you know. Self contradiction is your middle name.

LMAO you say panthers fan like its a bad thing. Yep been a fan of theirs from day one. Been a Bills fan much longer.

Ralph didn't want Fox, Didn't like him. More of ralph screwing things up. Its well past time for him to sell or whatever. Facts are outside of the polian era, this team has pretty much sucked. And what has been the ONE constant? Ralph Wilson.

bigbub2352
06-07-2006, 01:48 PM
It doesnt matter anymore, that is 6 years ago, TD was an idiot with his coaching staffs, he had more say in it than Ralph, anyway if u look at what we r doing it is obvious we are weeding out the 5-11 team, they will see what they got with JP, i will bet my zone buks on it, that if he waivers 1st rd pick next year is QB, and a good one in Brady Quinn, the only way we pull a winning season is if JP is the man not the next RJ, if he is a bum well at least we r gonna have alot of young talent on the roster that it wont be a complete overhall, Marv is bringing in players with limited experience but alot of young talent, HOFers can see talent argue with me or not, it doesnt matter

justasportsfan
06-07-2006, 01:55 PM
LMAO you say panthers fan like its a bad thing. Yep been a fan of theirs from day one. Been a Bills fan much longer.

Ralph didn't want Fox, Didn't like him. More of ralph screwing things up. Its well past time for him to sell or whatever. Facts are outside of the polian era, this team has pretty much sucked. And what has been the ONE constant? Ralph Wilson.
Ralph supposedly didn't like Jauron and wanted Sherman or was it Martz? Hmmmm.....

patmoran2006
06-07-2006, 01:55 PM
This board has more heel turns than any wrestling promotion.

Complain that we dont spend the money in FA..
Complain the team has too many old and overpaid vets..
Complain that the team is young and clueless..
Our GM is brilliant, then he sucks. then he's brilliant.. then he sucks..

patmoran2006
06-07-2006, 01:57 PM
Wilson hired TD not only as GM but as team President, given him more POWER than any GM we ever had, and you're trying to tell me we didnt hire Fox because WILSON didnt want him?

ICE74129
06-07-2006, 02:07 PM
Ralph supposedly didn't like Jauron and wanted Sherman or was it Martz? Hmmmm.....

Well it wasn't martz thats for sure.

We just need ralph gone. There are two things you and I agree on I think.

1) we want the Bills to become perinial playoff participants again with a real shot at the Superbowl any given year.

2) It won't happen with Ralph Wilson owning this team.