PDA

View Full Version : Thurman: Bills days in Buffalo are numbered.

patmoran2006
06-06-2006, 05:13 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060606/1008081.asp

Apparently, Thurman things the Bills days in Buffalo are numbered and the draft was further indication. bTW, he didnt like our draft.

Mr. Pink
06-06-2006, 05:29 PM
Way to make your own thread on something I already posted!

patmoran2006
06-06-2006, 05:33 PM
Dont worry.. This isnt a positive post so nobody will comment.. Thurman was a HOF'er and the man in the other thread.. He'll be a POS in about 10 minutes.

patmoran2006
06-06-2006, 05:34 PM
ha! On an upcoming piece, I got Cleveland ranked as having the best all around off-season in the NFL..

edited. Attack the post, not the poster!:club:

Mr. Pink
06-06-2006, 05:41 PM
You? give the Browns credit? What is this world coming to?

Today must be the apocalypse.

patmoran2006
06-06-2006, 06:08 PM
Yep.. The Omen comes out tonight, apparently starring the devil himself, Willis McGahee.

Pinkerton Security
06-06-2006, 06:11 PM
I love thurman, as does PROBABLY most everyone on here, im sure a few do not, but i cannot agree with him on this one.

And, he was a great player, but how can he criticize what the Bills did as an organization? What experience does HE himself have of building a franchise, other than watching?

Unless he knows something we do not, which he actually may, im gonna wait and see what happens rather than worry about what he thinks may happen.

TacklingDummy
06-06-2006, 06:13 PM
Doug Flutie, Franchise Savior.
JP Losman, franchise Killer.

:)

patmoran2006
06-06-2006, 07:10 PM
I love thurman, as does PROBABLY most everyone on here, im sure a few do not, but i cannot agree with him on this one.

And, he was a great player, but how can he criticize what the Bills did as an organization? What experience does HE himself have of building a franchise, other than watching?

Unless he knows something we do not, which he actually may, im gonna wait and see what happens rather than worry about what he thinks may happen.

While I dont disagree with you on this comment ( I do agree) it just highlights how selective the hearing is of too many Bills fans.. In another thread next door, Thomas is heralded for disin Willis, yet when he speaks on other topics like the draft or future of the team he should just shut his mouth and watch like everyone else because he's now more qualified.

OpIv37
06-06-2006, 07:29 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060606/1008081.asp

Apparently, Thurman things the Bills days in Buffalo are numbered and the draft was further indication. bTW, he didnt like our draft.

but playing 10 years in the NFL doesn't make Thurman an "expert". If he knew anything about drafting, he'd be a GM.

/sarcasm.

patmoran2006
06-06-2006, 07:33 PM
Still, it's not overly encouraging to have a former player and a guy who will go into the HOF as a Bill openly talk out loud that he thinks the Bills are going to be leaving town in 3-4 years.

It doesnt take a lot of reading between the lines to see that Thurm thinks this team blows and he hated the draft.

patmoran2006
06-06-2006, 07:35 PM
I dont care if we go 0-16.. If the YOUNG guys play and develop and they're better by 2007, which is SUPPOSEDLY our two year plan anyway according to some "experts" in here.. Then I will be happy.

in 2001 we had NO talent but played every game like their lives depended on it.. Last year we had all the talent in the world and ran for the bus more times than I care to remember.

I'd like to see the 2001 version again..

Mitchy moo
06-06-2006, 11:19 PM
It doesnt take a lot of reading between the lines to see that Thurm thinks this team blows and he hated the draft.

Wow, he had that pegged.

patmoran2006
06-06-2006, 11:50 PM
ha! On an upcoming piece, I got Cleveland ranked as having the best all around off-season in the NFL..

edited. Attack the post, not the poster!:club:
Shelby..?

That comment was a joke, FTY knows this..

You getting me in trouble FTY! You're never doing my taxes again (wait, you didnt do them this year either!)

Mr. Pink
06-07-2006, 12:08 PM
:rofl: You got in trouble!

(points and laughs!)

</points>

Michael82
06-07-2006, 12:14 PM

good point. :up:

Mr. Cynical
06-07-2006, 12:16 PM
Unfortunately I agree with everything he said.

Michael82
06-07-2006, 12:24 PM
Unfortunately I agree with everything he said.
And that's why your screen name is Mr. Cynical. :ill:

:cynic:

Mitchy moo
06-07-2006, 12:48 PM
:lolpoint:
:rofl: You got in trouble!

(points and laughs!)

</POINTS>

:lolpoint:

justasportsfan
06-07-2006, 12:59 PM
Even when Thurman was making headlines with his field performance way back when, he still had a field day with the press by giving them something to talk about almost everytime he was interviewd. He hasn't been getting any attention these days, I'm not surprised he's attempting to give them something to talk about again. Seems to be working.

jmb1099
06-07-2006, 05:27 PM
Amazing. I like and respect plenty of people without agreeing with everything they say. In both cases Thurm is giving his opinion I happen to agreee with his opinion. As far as his second opinion is concerned I don't believe he has any special inside information, but regardless I think I'll also wait and see. The bigger picture that is developing with this thread and just about every other thread latley is this whole mentality that if I like and respect something someone says I have to like and respect everything they say...absolute silliness.

BillsFever21
06-07-2006, 05:57 PM
Thurman Thomas is now offically stupid and doesn't know what he's talking about.

KMA
06-07-2006, 06:44 PM
bTW, he didnt like our draft.

Well, I guess that means that Thurman's a moron who doesn't know a thing about football then.

Mr. Cynical
06-07-2006, 08:01 PM
And that's why your screen name is Mr. Cynical. :ill:

:cynic:

Yep. :up:

:;

Jan Reimers
06-08-2006, 06:35 AM
Unlike Thurman - one of my favorite Bills of all time - I'm cautiously optimistic that the Bills will be in Buffalo for the forseeable future. We have the public, the press, and some heavy hitter politicians all aware of our situation, and Ralph sitting on the committee to finalize the revenue-sharing details of the new CBA.

We also have a fan base that fills the stadium every week and a nice complex in OP (although a waterfront stadium downtown might be in our future). The NFL is very aware of its image (as well as anti-trust issues) and will be very careful about moving a successful franchise.

There is also legislation in Congress to either eliminate or further reduce the "death" (estate) tax, which will make it more economically feasible for Ralph to leave the team to family members.

And I don't believe Ralph wants his legacy to include a move of the Bills upon his death. I think he will make every effort to sell the team to a local group, or will it to his family with the proviso that the team stays in Buffalo.