PDA

View Full Version : For the record....

OpIv37
06-06-2006, 07:34 PM
I want to say that the Euhus/Watson trade was a good move. I've been hard on Marv for some moves he made that I didn't like, so in fairness I'm going to give him props here. We still have Ryan Neufeld, who is basically the same player, plus Royal, everett and this Cieslak kid.

Posey and Fletch are getting old, and Spikes is coming off that horrible injury- this move adds some depth and youth to a good but aging group of linebackers. With Spikes, Fletch, Posey, Crowell and Watson, there's at least one position we shouldn't be too worried about.

Basically, we solidified a position without giving up anything of value to us. So, Marv gets a pat on the back this time.

patmoran2006
06-06-2006, 08:10 PM
Sure.. This trade does no harm to BUffalo..

Euhus.. Campbell.. New Orleans has a hard on for our tight ends I suppose.

The Associated Press

NEW ORLEANS
The New Orleans Saints have acquired tight end Tim Euhus from the Buffalo Bills in a trade for linebacker Courtney Watson, the team announced Tuesday.

It's the second time this year that Watson has been traded.

Euhus, entering his third season after being drafted by the Bills in the fourth round of the 2004 draft, has started nine of 23 games in his career.

The trade is pending league approval is not yet final.

Euhus (6-5, 249 pounds) had 14 receptions for 115 yards and a pair of touchdowns over the last two seasons with the Bills.

Watson, who was drafted in the second round of the 2004 draft, played in nine games for the Saints last season and had 37 tackles and one sack. He was arrested in late October on a drunken driving charge in San Antonio and a knee sprain kept him out for the last seven games of the season.

Watson was previously traded during the offseason but the deal with Miami was voided when Eddie Moore, the player the Saints had obtained, did not pass a physical.

John Doe
06-06-2006, 08:34 PM
Sure.. This trade does no harm to BUffalo..

Looks better than "no harm" to me.

patmoran2006
06-06-2006, 09:24 PM
Ya, if he quits pulling Billy Martin's.

ShadowHawk7
06-06-2006, 11:31 PM
Euhus.. Campbell.. New Orleans has a hard on for our tight ends I suppose.

No idea why, but ok. I like the trade though. Gives us about 5 solid LBs to work w/.