PDA

View Full Version : Get over it

carybillsfan
06-07-2006, 09:44 AM
Buffalo got beat fair and square, plain and simple. I'm sick of the excuses, and sick of the backlash. And now I see that the city I grew up in is rooting for Peca to win a cup....Is that absurd or what??? He's a crybaby so that should suit Buffalo fans and Lindy. "I don't want 3million a year, I'm gonna sit out the entire season." I hope bergeron tonya hardings his ass too.

GO CANES!!!!!!

footballhottie
06-07-2006, 09:47 AM
It would be pretty funny if you just happend to die..dont yall think so?

BleedinGreenNC
06-07-2006, 09:49 AM
It would be pretty funny if you just happend to die..dont yall think so?

Nice, are all people in Buffalo as nice as you?

footballhottie
06-07-2006, 09:50 AM
to be honest, i'm taking this lose a little better then most.

carybillsfan
06-07-2006, 09:59 AM
to be honest, i'm taking this lose a little better then most.

Here in redneck opie taylor ville we would say loss not lose but thats just proper grammar

BleedinGreenNC
06-07-2006, 10:33 AM
Here in redneck opie taylor ville we would say loss not lose but thats just proper grammar

LOL!!! Hey, you know where Hyde Park is in Cary?

chernobylwraiths
06-07-2006, 11:06 AM
Nice, are all people in Buffalo as nice as you?

Much much nicer and with a lot more intelligence.

chernobylwraiths
06-07-2006, 11:08 AM
By the way, I am not a big Peca fan, but the team offered about 2 mil. at first and said they wouldn't budge. The day after Peca's self imposed deadline, they upped it to 3-3.5 a year. Nice numbers and he probably could have taken them, but I actually admire him for sticking to his word on that. Then somebody DID give him the money, so good for him. I hold no animosity towards him.

carybillsfan
06-07-2006, 11:12 AM
By the way, I am not a big Peca fan, but the team offered about 2 mil. at first and said they wouldn't budge. The day after Peca's self imposed deadline, they upped it to 3-3.5 a year. Nice numbers and he probably could have taken them, but I actually admire him for sticking to his word on that. Then somebody DID give him the money, so good for him. I hold no animosity towards him.

The initial offer was $3mil they upped it to 3.5, he said he wouldn't play for under 4. Its nice that you admire a guy for being greedy and screwing over a team that he led to the finals the previous year. I call that selfish and hope he never gets his hands on the cup.

carybillsfan
06-07-2006, 11:14 AM
LOL!!! Hey, you know where Hyde Park is in Cary?

I believe its by 54 and reedy creek.

Dr. Lecter
06-07-2006, 11:16 AM
The initial offer was $3mil they upped it to 3.5, he said he wouldn't play for under 4. Its nice that you admire a guy for being greedy and screwing over a team that he led to the finals the previous year. I call that selfish and hope he never gets his hands on the cup.

The Rigas' stopped Reiger from going from an offer of 3.9 to 4.0.

I can't and won't blame Peca.

carybillsfan
06-07-2006, 11:18 AM
The Rigas' stopped Reiger from going from an offer of 3.9 to 4.0.

I can't and won't blame Peca.

For 100K the guy sat out the year and your defending him, what a joke...I hate him.

Dr. Lecter
06-07-2006, 11:20 AM
For 100K the guy sat out the year and your defending him, what a joke...I hate him.

Or for $100,000 Rigas' would not sign their best and most popolar player.

But hey, they needed to build another golf course.

(BTW, the Sabres last offer was made late.)

BleedinGreenNC
06-07-2006, 11:21 AM

LOL!! Right.

carybillsfan
06-07-2006, 11:24 AM

But still not smart enough to move out of Buffalo.

northernbillfan
06-07-2006, 11:25 AM
Sorry Cary but the way I see it people are NOT cheering for Peca as they would rather not see his name go on the cup but rather they are cheering for anyone but the Canes.

Peca did not deserve the money he got here this season as he was a third and sometimes fourth liner with only a handful of points. That said he has been carrying his weight during the post season.

Michael82
06-07-2006, 11:27 AM
:ill:

Michael82
06-07-2006, 11:28 AM
Sorry Cary but the way I see it people are NOT cheering for Peca as they would rather not see his name go on the cup but rather they are cheering for anyone but the Canes.

Peca did not deserve the money he got here this season as he was a third and sometimes fourth liner with only a handful of points. That said he has been carrying his weight during the post season.
Good post, nbf! That's exactly what we are thinking.

BleedinGreenNC
06-07-2006, 11:35 AM
I believe its by 54 and reedy creek.

off of Maynard, Thats where i work, down the road from the Chiropractor of the Hurricanes, which is who my girlfriend works for, i get to thank the players everytime i see them, thanks for beating Buffalo!!

j/k

carybillsfan
06-07-2006, 11:35 AM

I agree with you NBF, but I ask why? I was always one that believed whether I was cheering for a team or playing for a team that when they lost the team that won would win it all. That way you could always say you got beat by the best. Not we got beat by the team that got slaughtered by the other team.

Good luck tonight to your oilers , But have been heavy Hurricane warnings down here.

GO CANES!!!

carybillsfan
06-07-2006, 11:39 AM
off of Maynard, Thats where i work, down the road from the Chiropractor of the Hurricanes, which is who my girlfriend works for, i get to thank the players everytime i see them, thanks for beating Buffalo!!

j/k

Unfortunately I am still part Sabre fan/ part Canes fan... this was a dream come true for me and I hope it happens every year with winner going on to win the cup. I just can't take all the whining...its over and Hurricane season has started.

northernbillfan
06-07-2006, 11:44 AM
Cary, it's similar to the rest of Canada cheering for the Oil as they are Canada's last chance this season at bringing the cup back home (where it belongs). These same fans will boo the Oilers whenthey visit their cities this upcoming season.

When the Oil or the Sabres are out of the playoffs I cheer for certain players to get a cup, Bourque, Andrechuk and last season Brad Richards from near my hometown. I could never cheer for Calgary or Vancouver. It's like kissing your sister, with tongue.

And who's not to say that the Oilers are not the BEST?

Michael82
06-07-2006, 11:55 AM
Unfortunately I am still part Sabre fan/ part Canes fan... this was a dream come true for me and I hope it happens every year with winner going on to win the cup. I just can't take all the whining...its over and Hurricane season has started.
that would be like rooting for the Tennessee Titans after the Homerun Throwback. :ill:

:puke:

carybillsfan
06-07-2006, 12:02 PM
that would be like rooting for the Tennessee Titans after the Homerun Throwback. :ill:

:puke:

The difference there was the controversy, there was no controversy here the Canes won 4 games to 3 fair and square.

Michael82
06-07-2006, 03:54 PM
The difference there was the controversy, there was no controversy here the Canes won 4 games to 3 fair and square.
the controversy was that this Sabres team would have wiped the floor clean with the Canes if they were 100%. Oh and there were a lot of ****ty calls. :up:

BleedinGreenNC
06-07-2006, 03:58 PM
the controversy was that this Sabres team would have wiped the floor clean with the Canes if they were 100%. Oh and there were a lot of ****ty calls. :up:

Nobody will ever know if that would have happened.

The_Philster
06-07-2006, 03:59 PM
I'm not even gonna go into the officiating...fact of the matter is, 4 of our top 5 defenseman were out for that final game as well as Timmy Connolly. Yeah, injuries are part of the game but that was ridiculous :eek:

SabreEleven
06-07-2006, 04:12 PM
. It's like kissing your sister, with tongue.

This isn't anything new to Canes fans.

Michael82
06-07-2006, 04:30 PM
I'm not even gonna go into the officiating...fact of the matter is, 4 of our top 5 defenseman were out for that final game as well as Timmy Connolly. Yeah, injuries are part of the game but that was ridiculous :eek:
yeah it was ridiculous! :ill:

chernobylwraiths
06-07-2006, 04:33 PM

Why is that bad? I LIKE Buffalo and will probably never leave. Money isn't everything.

Michael82
06-07-2006, 04:36 PM
Why is that bad? I LIKE Buffalo and will probably never leave. Money isn't everything.
Great post! I laugh at all those people who complain about Buffalo and Rochester and then move and have that ridiculously expensive cost of living down south. Plus they boil from the heat. I'm never leaving Western NY. :shakeno:

BleedinGreenNC
06-07-2006, 04:48 PM
Great post! I laugh at all those people who complain about Buffalo and Rochester and then move and have that ridiculously expensive cost of living down south. Plus they boil from the heat. I'm never leaving Western NY. :shakeno:

Expensive cost of living in the South??? What are you talking about? You must have looked at Florida, not NC

BlackMetalNinja
06-07-2006, 05:10 PM
Expensive cost of living in the South??? What are you talking about? You must have looked at Florida, not NC

Agreed, part of why I'm moving down there... cost of living is hardly any higher then here, yet I'll be making more money there too. I'm hoping Cary is as nice as everybody keeps telling me!

Gmcc24
06-07-2006, 05:27 PM
Buffalo got beat fair and square, plain and simple. I'm sick of the excuses, and sick of the backlash. And now I see that the city I grew up in is rooting for Peca to win a cup....Is that absurd or what??? He's a crybaby so that should suit Buffalo fans and Lindy. "I don't want 3million a year, I'm gonna sit out the entire season." I hope bergeron tonya hardings his ass too.

GO CANES!!!!!!

Buffalo Did get beat fair and square....and nobody is making any excuses. All people are saying is that simply the canes wouldn't be where they are if the Sabres didn't face any injuries. You wanna talk about ****ing excuses, and thats what the Canes made. They blamed ice, refs and Pomminville diving in event of a loss...and didn't want to take responsibility of them losing. Sabres once never blamed a loss on injuries suffered...because they are a true team. The Canes can win the cup, but they won't be looked at as champs in many eyes...because Champs don't make excuses. Also a truly arrogant bunch, especially when Cullen said after game 6 that the Canes deserved the win despite trailing all game.

Secondly, why not root for Peca? He didn't betray the Sabres like Hasek...he made deadline to get a new contract and he stuck to it. Regier didn't pay up, so he left....nothing wrong with what he did. I'd rather root for a Canadian team than root for a team that makes excuses.

Saying all that...I can't speak for all Sabres fans, but in my case...i'm not bitter or making excuses for the team. I'm just sick of Canes fans thinking that the Canes are like...the best team ever, when they clearly are good but not great. I've said this before, if the Canes are truly that great...they would've beaten badly injured Sabres team in 5 games. We had 3 AHL Defensemen in the lineup...but 7 games.

JD
06-07-2006, 05:30 PM
Were glad you left Buffalo..

http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/a/s/asa139/hick%20pic.jpg

No need for your hickass here anyway.

carybillsfan
06-08-2006, 08:36 AM
Were glad you left Buffalo..
No need for your hickass here anyway.

I'm glad I left to not much in the way of jobs in Buffalo for PHD Chemist. I mean the hell with my degree I could always go work for Delphi, American Axle, or Harrison Raditor because they're in such good shape and its not as if factory jobs aren't redneck, look around there are more rednecks in WNY than there are in the triangle, but just keep believing your better at everything, that'll get you far in life.

And for all you who think its expensive to live down here, the next time you pay the huge property and school tax bills, just think I pay probably 1/3 of what you pay for a house worth 3 times as much.

carybillsfan
06-08-2006, 08:55 AM
Saying all that...I can't speak for all Sabres fans, but in my case...i'm not bitter or making excuses for the team. I'm just sick of Canes fans thinking that the Canes are like...the best team ever, when they clearly are good but not great. I've said this before, if the Canes are truly that great...they would've beaten badly injured Sabres team in 5 games. We had 3 AHL Defensemen in the lineup...but 7 games.

First off I am a sabres fan first and a Canes fan second. They were 2 of the 3 best teams going into the post season(Otawa I thought would be better.) The west was really weak, Detroit only piled up the wins because the teams out that way suck. Whoever won the East was going to win the cup. Injuries happen, the sabres are really good, so are the canes and that is why the series was so even. IMO it was Buffalo's offense not their defense that let them down. Turning point of the series Game 5, which I was at in a sabres jersey, 2mins to play Max on a breakaway, Ward stones him. He scores the Sabres win take a 3-2 lead home and probably close out the series. Missed opportunities killed the Sabres not injuries, not the refs, the only have to blame themselves.

BleedinGreenNC
06-08-2006, 09:46 AM
Agreed, part of why I'm moving down there... cost of living is hardly any higher then here, yet I'll be making more money there too. I'm hoping Cary is as nice as everybody keeps telling me!

It is, weather atmosphere, people, i will tell you one thing, i will never move back to NY

carybillsfan
06-08-2006, 09:53 AM
It is, weather atmosphere, people, i will tell you one thing, i will never move back to NY

I completely agree.

SABURZFAN
06-08-2006, 12:59 PM

if i remember right,wasn't it peca's wife who was chirping about the money?i wonder if he's seen his testicles since.

Gmcc24
06-08-2006, 01:07 PM
First off I am a sabres fan first and a Canes fan second. They were 2 of the 3 best teams going into the post season(Otawa I thought would be better.) The west was really weak, Detroit only piled up the wins because the teams out that way suck. Whoever won the East was going to win the cup. Injuries happen, the sabres are really good, so are the canes and that is why the series was so even. IMO it was Buffalo's offense not their defense that let them down. Turning point of the series Game 5, which I was at in a sabres jersey, 2mins to play Max on a breakaway, Ward stones him. He scores the Sabres win take a 3-2 lead home and probably close out the series. Missed opportunities killed the Sabres not injuries, not the refs, the only have to blame themselves.

Very good point....Max ****ed up lol. that was a definite turning point because had he scored....might have been game over, but I wouldn't count on that seeing how Carolina does in the final minutes. But yea, I knew from the very beginning of the playoffs that the East would win the cup this year....but i'm praying otherwise lol.

Myers57
06-08-2006, 01:51 PM
shut the **** up

god why do people make the stupidest threads???

what the hell are you trying to accomplish??

stop wasting your ****ing day trying to piss of people on the internet

or is this the only place that you actually have the balls to say stupid ****?

oh btw jd. when i was reading this i was wondering if you commented, lol you didnt dissapoint me

Gmcc24
06-08-2006, 03:51 PM
shut the **** up

god why do people make the stupidest threads???

what the hell are you trying to accomplish??

stop wasting your ****ing day trying to piss of people on the internet

or is this the only place that you actually have the balls to say stupid ****?

oh btw jd. when i was reading this i was wondering if you commented, lol you didnt dissapoint me

People like to make stupid threads and bash the sabres, because they need to attempt to convince themselves that their team is so amazing. If their team was really all that amazing, they wouldn't post threads bashing other teams and their fans lol.

JD
06-08-2006, 04:04 PM
People like to make stupid threads and bash the sabres, because they need to attempt to convince themselves that their team is so amazing. If their team was really all that amazing, they wouldn't post threads bashing other teams and their fans lol.
:haha: cary

New sign idea for next years games vs. canes "The Luck stops here."

BleedinGreenNC
06-08-2006, 04:09 PM

LOL!! Whatever floats your boat man!!

You ever been to Cary?

JD
06-08-2006, 04:10 PM
I was talking about Carybillsfan you idiot.

BleedinGreenNC
06-08-2006, 04:10 PM

New sign for the Sabres next game.....

Oh wait, they dont have another game until the start of next season!!

JD
06-08-2006, 04:12 PM
And you talk so much **** about Buffalo being a ****hole, but ive been to raliegh and its not much better...especially the view from the highway on the way there..

Williamsville, Amherst, Clarence..etc are most likely like Cary...correct??

JD
06-08-2006, 04:13 PM
New sign for the Sabres next game.....

Oh wait, they dont have another game until the start of next season!!
ooooooooooooohhhhh how old are you, 5? grow up and go troll on an oilers board.
:loser:

BleedinGreenNC
06-08-2006, 04:56 PM
And you talk so much **** about Buffalo being a ****hole, but ive been to raliegh and its not much better...especially the view from the highway on the way there..

Williamsville, Amherst, Clarence..etc are most likely like Cary...correct??

Little touchy there?

BleedinGreenNC
06-08-2006, 04:59 PM
ooooooooooooohhhhh how old are you, 5? grow up and go troll on an oilers board.
:loser:

You sure can dish it, but you cant take it, calm down man, it will be ok!!

don137
06-08-2006, 05:41 PM
I'm glad I left to not much in the way of jobs in Buffalo for PHD Chemist. I mean the hell with my degree I could always go work for Delphi, American Axle, or Harrison Raditor because they're in such good shape and its not as if factory jobs aren't redneck, look around there are more rednecks in WNY than there are in the triangle, but just keep believing your better at everything, that'll get you far in life.

And for all you who think its expensive to live down here, the next time you pay the huge property and school tax bills, just think I pay probably 1/3 of what you pay for a house worth 3 times as much.

NC is the highest tax state in the south. The school system sucks. Nothing like having kids having to eat lunches otside because cafeterias are overcrowded. Many people that have money put there kids in private school system. NC and Gov. Easley makes it very attractive for illegal immigrants move here. I love NC but it is not as picture perfect as you make it out to be.

Nighthawk
06-08-2006, 05:45 PM

GO CANES!!!!!!

Trust me, people would get over it, but you guys didn't earn it. We played with an AHL defense and still almost won the series. If we have our full lineup, the Sabres win in 5...enough said!

SABuffalo786
06-08-2006, 06:14 PM
Carolina doesn't deserve it.

Edmonton does.

Plain and simple.

And if Carolina does win, then there will always be a nice big asterix next to their place in the history books in the minds of many real hockey fans.

Give those clowns the Calder Cup. That's all they deserve...

JD
06-08-2006, 06:25 PM
Carolina doesn't deserve it.

Edmonton does.

Plain and simple.

And if Carolina does win, then there will always be a nice big asterix next to their place in the history books in the minds of many real hockey fans.

Give those clowns the Calder Cup. That's all they deserve...
Couldnt have said it better myself! :up:

Myers57
06-08-2006, 10:58 PM
did anybody catch the article on TSN that if the Canes won the cup it would be like Nick Faldo winning the golf masters in 96...

the only reason they would win is because other teams faltered

i.e. injuries

BleedinGreenNC
06-09-2006, 06:32 AM
did anybody catch the article on TSN that if the Canes won the cup it would be like Nick Faldo winning the golf masters in 96...

the only reason they would win is because other teams faltered

i.e. injuries

And in the end, they dont put astericks on the Cup.

BleedinGreenNC
06-09-2006, 06:34 AM
No wonder your bitter, you havent even won the cup yet, i would be pissed too!!

don137
06-09-2006, 06:41 AM
I have been to Cary a few times. It is truly a beautiful place. However the Bills represent Buffalo and western NY and I think all Bills fans should take offense to the crap Carybillsfan says about the Buffalo...Go root for another team. We don't need fans like you.

carybillsfan
06-09-2006, 08:00 AM
I have been to Cary a few times. It is truly a beautiful place. However the Bills represent Buffalo and western NY and I think all Bills fans should take offense to the crap Carybillsfan says about the Buffalo...Go root for another team. We don't need fans like you.

Aren't we a little bitter, I grew up in Buffalo, and just because I don't like the city doesn't mean I can't continue to route for the sabres and the bills. It's a dying town and every time I go back there it gets more and more depressing.

carybillsfan
06-09-2006, 08:04 AM

First off, read the original post, I never bashed the sabres. I'm a sabres fan. I'm just sick of all the people who live in Buffalo and make 8million excuses on why the didn't win the cup this year. The reason is simple they didn't put the better team on the ice. Injuries are a part of the game and if you wanted them to hold off on games 2-7 for 3 months so that Tallinder's arm could heal and Connolly could see straight, then your just being stupid.

Secondly if this thread was so stupid why did you bother wasting time replying to it.

Gmcc24
06-09-2006, 12:23 PM
First off, read the original post, I never bashed the sabres. I'm a sabres fan. I'm just sick of all the people who live in Buffalo and make 8million excuses on why the didn't win the cup this year. The reason is simple they didn't put the better team on the ice. Injuries are a part of the game and if you wanted them to hold off on games 2-7 for 3 months so that Tallinder's arm could heal and Connolly could see straight, then your just being stupid.

Secondly if this thread was so stupid why did you bother wasting time replying to it.

Someone asked a question, so I thought I'd give an answer....simple

SABuffalo786
06-09-2006, 07:20 PM
Aren't we a little bitter, I grew up in Buffalo, and just because I don't like the city doesn't mean I can't continue to route for the sabres and the bills. It's a dying town and every time I go back there it gets more and more depressing.

So you hate our city and love our teams?

That makes sense. :rolleyes:

JD
06-10-2006, 01:51 AM
He obviously grew up here. Got beat up as a kid. One of those outkasts...had no friends and moved once he had the money.

Myers57
06-10-2006, 12:35 PM
He obviously grew up here. Got beat up as a kid. One of those outkasts...had no friends and moved once he had the money.

:lmao:

PUCKER
06-11-2006, 02:03 AM

Ditto. Without all the injuries,we wouldve won in 6 no doubt. :up: