• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Zone Original: Neil Masters

As Herman Edwards famously once told the New York City area media a couple of years ago when he was Head Coach of the N.Y. Jets, “You play the games to win!” And, indeed, any honest team in any sport, at any level, that is worth its salt goes into every season and every game fully intending to win. That is the only reason for any group of athletes to make the sacrifices, put in the effort and tolerate the exhaustion and pain that are an integral part of playing a competitive sport, especially on the professional level. You have to play to win or it becomes very difficult to even put on the uniform. It’s just that some teams are better equipped mentally, physically and/or psychologically to do what it takes to be successful enough, as a team, to win a championship.

As I See it: Rebuilding the Buffalo Bills will take and patience

Long read, but worth the time invested. Enjoy.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: Zone Original: Neil Masters

Originally posted by northernbillfan
    As Herman Edwards famously once told the New York City area media a couple of years ago when he was Head Coach of the N.Y. Jets, “You play the games to win!” And, indeed, any honest team in any sport, at any level, that is worth its salt goes into every season and every game fully intending to win. That is the only reason for any group of athletes to make the sacrifices, put in the effort and tolerate the exhaustion and pain that are an integral part of playing a competitive sport, especially on the professional level. You have to play to win or it becomes very difficult to even put on the uniform. It’s just that some teams are better equipped mentally, physically and/or psychologically to do what it takes to be successful enough, as a team, to win a championship.

As I See it: Rebuilding the Buffalo Bills will take and patience

Long read, but worth the time invested. Enjoy.
    You know an FYI I didn't realise. In the miracle at the meadowlands, it was herm Edwards that picked up the ball and ran it in for a score.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

I agree that we'll all need a lot of patience as Marv tries to rebuild this team from the Donahoe Debacle. I'm willing to give it a few years, as long as we show improvement and a commitment to build a motivated, hardworking, blue collar team.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• BuffaloBillsStampede
        • Aug 2005

I really believe we got a great start with our draft. We got a bunch of hard working fast paced kids that are ready and willing to play hard every snap, which is different from the norm. Now all we need is a running back that actually cares about what he does and thinks about his teamates once in a while and we might be looking in the right direction. I don't see quarterback as a need because I truly believe if they let J.P. play without the threat of Holcomb then he will be fine for us.
        SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X