• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

OTA Day 10: Special Teams a Focus Again

Two minute drill
    The two-minute drill was the first team work that was performed for the second straight day. Craig Nall, who did not get an opportunity in Tuesday's session was the first quarterback up, but he only got a series before Kelly Holcomb stepped in.

Holcomb was effective in moving the team down the field and Ryan Neufeld was a popular target on the drive as he had three catches. But on fourth down Neufeld couldn't make a play on the ball in the end zone as rookie Ko Simpson broke it up.

The practice time allotted for the two-minute period expired shortly thereafter.

The defense was credited with a sack during two-minute as Josh Stamer came off the right edge virtually untouched en route to Holcomb.

Roscoe Parrish was also back after missing Tuesday's workout. Parrish was a frequent target in the passing game and proved difficult to cover just about anywhere on the field.

J.P. Losman appeared to be working on some audibles during the team portion of the workout. There were a few times where he changed the play at the line.

During the 11-on-11 session Losman led a steady drive which culminated in a 20-25 yard pass to Martin Nance who got behind his defender at the five-yard line and turned around after making the catch to get into the end zone.

There was also a third-and-goal play later in the period where Losman elected to tuck it and run and went head first rolling into the end zone to avoid being tapped by a defender which equates to a tackle in OTAs.

Despite the scramble they still ran a fourth and goal play to wrap up the period and a Losman pass was tipped in the air and intercepted by Rashad Baker.

"I think I'm adjusting pretty well," said Baker of the new defensive system. "There's a lot of little things I can do a bit better, but that's going to be the case in this defense. It's a lot more technical. There's not going to be a lot of different packages, but you have to perfect your technique in this system."

there's also a video on Kingsburry.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3806
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: OTA Day 10: Special Teams a Focus Again

I'd like to see this Losman-to-Nance thing become a habit.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• billsburgh
      • Jul 2003

but I dont like the interceptions at the goal line.

Comment

• casdhf
        • Jul 2002

At least it was after he just ran a TD in.
        Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
        cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• mysticsoto
          Too sober for this...
          • Apr 2004

"Roscoe Parrish was also back after missing Tuesday's workout. Parrish was a frequent target in the passing game and proved difficult to cover just about anywhere on the field."

I saw this last year also in print, but when game time came...I didn't see it at all...

Comment

• ICE74129
            Legendary Zoner
            • Feb 2005

But again, Holcomb is taking the meat of the snaps with the first string. This doesn't bode well.

I tried to tell you guys, there is no such thing as competition. they taylor it to get the guy they want the most reps with the first string. It seems Marv, Ralph and DJ want holcomb which = a losing season guaranteed.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

Originally posted by mysticsoto
              "Roscoe Parrish was also back after missing Tuesday's workout. Parrish was a frequent target in the passing game and proved difficult to cover just about anywhere on the field."

I saw this last year also in print, but when game time came...I didn't see it at all...
              But realistically, he's only played a handful of games, and with two different QBs besides. He's lightening quick, and I think he'll be at least an effective 3rd or 4th receiver.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mysticsoto

he was injured and because of it, didn't get a whole lot of chemistry with the qb musical chairs.
                sacrifice1

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ICE74129
                  But again, Holcomb is taking the meat of the snaps with the first string. This doesn't bode well.

I tried to tell you guys, there is no such thing as competition. they taylor it to get the guy they want the most reps with the first string. It seems Marv, Ralph and DJ want holcomb which = a losing season guaranteed.
                  I hope you are wrong. If this is the theory than I have to wonder if Jauron is any better than MM. I understand winning but not at the expense of getting better down the road. Ironically I haven't read anything that tells me Losman is doing poorly.

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                    I hope you are wrong. If this is the theory than I have to wonder if Jauron is any better than MM. I understand winning but not at the expense of getting better down the road. Ironically I haven't read anything that tells me Losman is doing poorly.
                    The bad thing is you state 'I understand winning' but when has holcomb ever had a winning record? He isn't a winner NOW. We wont 'Win now' with holcomb at the helm. That is the part they dont get.

Ok lets say holcomb is slightly better now than JP or Nall. How do JP and nall get better? BY PLAYING! Holcomb is on the down side of a losing career. JP and Nall haven't really had a shot yet. So all things being = you allow the younger guys a shot to get better, not sit them.

Either way this is a losing team with Holcomb at the helm. Maybe we can start the season 0-4 or 1-3 and Marv/ DJ will wake the hell up. who knows?

Comment

• ICE74129
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                      he was injured and because of it, didn't get a whole lot of chemistry with the qb musical chairs.
                      And to further back Justa, Parrish played with that damn wrist brace on and couldn't catch. Not Roscoe's fault there.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                        And to further back Justa, Parrish played with that damn wrist brace on and couldn't catch. Not Roscoe's fault there.
                        and yet moolarkey tried to make him throw
                        sacrifice1

Comment

• billsburgh
                          • Jul 2003

let's hope he keeps this kind of foolishness up in Miami now.

Comment

• ICE74129
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

That play, the 4th and goal at Oakland and the refusal to run 3x on miami up 21-0 on their goal line, were exactly why MM was a failure. Those all had us saying WTF all year long.

I agree, I hope the moron pulls that crap in miami.

Comment

Working...
                            X