• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Dang frustrating

Tonight's game was a major disappointment so much so I don't know where to start.

1) The Oilers played okay, but not with enough intensity that is needed to win in the Stanley Cup finals. They came out firing at the start of the game but slowed it down a notch until it was too late.

2) The penalty calls were absolutely mind blowing. We had a break away and our player gets hauled down from behind...no call. The Oilers forward was pushed into Ward and it's a call? There were at least 5 non calls against the Canes tonight that should have been called. On the other hand, there was at least 3 or 4 calls against the Oil that should NOT have been called. It's almost as if the league told the refs to watch the OIlers closer to make up for Monday's game.

3) You can't blame Jussi for three of those goals as he could not help himself. The wind seemed to be knocked out the team after the bad deflection off Bergeron's skate. All in all he played okay tonight, but it's clear why the Oilers traded for Rollie at the deadline.

4) WTF is Hemsky thinking??? He keeps circling around looking for the perfect play when it's best to put the puck towards the net. Three times he had the goalie on his heels only to wheel a little more with the puck or to try to get the puck settled down on his stick. SHOOT THE DAMN THING!!!

5) Despite the non-calls against teh Canes and the stupid phantom penalties against the Oilers, the Oil still have to play disciplined heads up hockey and stay out of the penalty box.

Fix those things and the Oil will become the 17th team to rally back from 0-2 start and win the cup. The stat tonight said that 50 of the 66 times that the team leading 2-0 went on to win the cup.

Even if they don't, they had one hell of a playoff run for an 8th place team.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Re: Dang frustrating

Why'd ya delete your post Lossman?

I can take it.

BTW that was clearly a goal by Weight. It hit his stick after it hit skate.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by northernbillfan
      Tonight's game was a major disappointment so much so I don't know where to start.

1) The Oilers played okay, but not with enough intensity that is needed to win in the Stanley Cup finals. They came out firing at the start of the game but slowed it down a notch until it was too late.

2) The penalty calls were absolutely mind blowing. We had a break away and our player gets hauled down from behind...no call. The Oilers forward was pushed into Ward and it's a call? There were at least 5 non calls against the Canes tonight that should have been called. On the other hand, there was at least 3 or 4 calls against the Oil that should NOT have been called. It's almost as if the league told the refs to watch the OIlers closer to make up for Monday's game.

3) You can't blame Jussi for three of those goals as he could not help himself. The wind seemed to be knocked out the team after the bad deflection off Bergeron's skate. All in all he played okay tonight, but it's clear why the Oilers traded for Rollie at the deadline.

4) WTF is Hemsky thinking??? He keeps circling around looking for the perfect play when it's best to put the puck towards the net. Three times he had the goalie on his heels only to wheel a little more with the puck or to try to get the puck settled down on his stick. SHOOT THE DAMN THING!!!

5) Despite the non-calls against teh Canes and the stupid phantom penalties against the Oilers, the Oil still have to play disciplined heads up hockey and stay out of the penalty box.

Fix those things and the Oil will become the 17th team to rally back from 0-2 start and win the cup. The stat tonight said that 50 of the 66 times that the team leading 2-0 went on to win the cup.

Even if they don't, they had one hell of a playoff run for an 8th place team.
      Look Carolina is supposed to win the series and the cup it's fixed! you could tell by that goal. The puck hit Weight's skate and he kicked at it gee sounds familiar doesn't it NO GOAL! Brett Hull's skate in the crease in game 7.

Comment

• SabreEleven
        • Aug 2002

NBF, welcome to the Sabres world.

Comment

• Ingtar33
          Dances With Buffaloes
          • Sep 2002

this series was over before it started.

The oilers = the flyers

they're identical teams, with about the same talent, goaltending and speed.

They never had a prayer going into the finals.
          My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• SkateZilla
            • Dec 2002

Originally posted by northernbillfan
            Why'd ya delete your post Lossman?

I can take it.

BTW that was clearly a goal by Weight. It hit his stick after it hit skate.
            I beleive the rule states, even if its kicked towards teh net, regardles of how many objects it deflects off of on teh way there, its stilla no Goal. :)
            Skate Zilla
            -----------------------
            Skate Zilla HD Studios:
            SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SkateZilla
              I beleive the rule states, even if its kicked towards teh net, regardles of how many objects it deflects off of on teh way there, its stilla no Goal. :)

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ingtar33

The oilers = the flyers

Once dynasty teams hoping to recapture some of the glory only to sit by and watch it slip out of their grasp.

Comment

• shelby
                  The Vanilla *****
                  • Jul 2002

Comment

• ddaryl
                    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by SkateZilla
                    but if its kicked and re-directed via a players stick its a goal.

if its deliberatly kicked and bounces off 3 skates then its no goal.

the stick counts

Comment

• Bufftp
                      Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

NBF I solemenly swear not to start another "Go Oilers Go" thread.

....Go Edmonton Go should do just nicley.
                      Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
                      "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
                      Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
                      - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
                      to be led by permanent ideals -
                      that is what keeps a man patient
                      when the world ignores him,
                      and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• carybillsfan
                        • Aug 2003

Does it really matter that the goal that made it 4-0 in a 5-0 final game counted? Edmonton does not have the players to compete with Carolina. And if Buffalo would have pulled out a win in game 7, they would be up 2-0 in the series. The western conference was really weak this year.

Comment

• carybillsfan
                          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Ingtar33

The oilers = the flyers

My thoughts exactly.

Comment

• BleedinGreenNC
                            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by carybillsfan
                            Does it really matter that the goal that made it 4-0 in a 5-0 final game counted? Edmonton does not have the players to compete with Carolina. And if Buffalo would have pulled out a win in game 7, they would be up 2-0 in the series. The western conference was really weak this year.
                            exactly!!!

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Jan 2004

2 / Edmonton 0 GO CANES!!! don't let those Cunucks bring the cup back to Canada
                              Last edited by BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan; 06-08-2006, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X