PDA

View Full Version : Off-season Priorities ?

casdhf
06-08-2006, 07:52 AM
Signing 8 defenseman ... anything else?

carybillsfan
06-08-2006, 09:09 AM
I think they only need 1 big strong defenseman who can play the puck well, I would love to see Chara or Phillips, but they won't be able to afford either of them. I'd really like to see get Frank Kaberle, who will be UFA, or even Willie Mitchell from Dallas could be a nice pickup at areasonable salary. But they need to resign McKee, first and foremost.

RockStar36
06-08-2006, 04:38 PM
The Sabres should have plenty of cap room as long as they are willing to spend the money. They were about 10mil under this year and the cap will go up by a few mil. They could probably sign Chara if they wanted.

SkateZilla
06-08-2006, 11:07 PM
I think they only need 1 big strong defenseman who can play the puck well, I would love to see Chara or Phillips, but they won't be able to afford either of them. I'd really like to see get Frank Kaberle, who will be UFA, or even Willie Mitchell from Dallas could be a nice pickup at areasonable salary. But they need to resign McKee, first and foremost.

After Connolly, Roy and Pomminville, Embarrased Chara Non Stop you really want him to play like that for Us?? You Kidding?

carybillsfan
06-09-2006, 11:13 AM
The Sabres should have plenty of cap room as long as they are willing to spend the money. They were about 10mil under this year and the cap will go up by a few mil. They could probably sign Chara if they wanted.

The problem is the only made about $7mil this year with a low $29mil team salary and going to the ECF. Guys like Max, Mckee, Teppo, Connolly, Briere, Dumont are going to chew up a lot more salary and get them up closer to the $35-38mil range. They will not make any money then if they do not go far in the playoffs next year.