PDA

View Full Version : So holcomb is better than Cullpepper, Brees etal?

ICE74129
06-08-2006, 09:05 AM
We could have had Brees, Cullpepper, McNair, Harrington and any one of a handful of draft pick QB's. Instead Marv passed on all of them.

Why?

From the OTA's its clear this is holcombs to lose. So they are saying a career loser, with no arm is better than ALL the other possibilites that were out there this offseason.

I will say this right now, IF this is the case and it looks so since Holcomb gets the meat of the snaps with the first string, then this team is screwed under Marvs reign. Holcomb is a career backup at best, but they are giving him the meat of the snaps. I told you guys that there is NEVER true competition. It is ALWAYS fixed to allow the guy you want every opportunity to 'win' the job. And So far this offseason it looks like Holcomb is their man.

I don't get it. Does marv and Ralph not want to win? So far this offseason I have to really wonder. Holcomb isnt a winner and never has been. He is well on the wrong side of 30 and has no arm. When push comes to shove just like in the NE game he will ALWAYS dump the ball off short. You don't win games that way.

I think marv is going ultra conservitive and it will hurt us.

Unless something drastically changes soon, we are in for a worse season that last year. And if that is the case, good luck filling the seats come November let alone December. Ralph thinks the money situation is bad now? Let that happen and see how it goes.

Jan Reimers
06-08-2006, 09:10 AM
I agree with you about Holcomb, and that's why I feel Losman will be the starter come opening day. Levy and Jauron aren't stupid.

ICE74129
06-08-2006, 09:12 AM
I agree with you about Holcomb, and that's why I feel Losman will be the starter come opening day. Levy and Jauron aren't stupid.

Sure they are. They want the 'Safe' QB. One that wont win you a game but wont lose one either. Problem is his play lost two games last year alone. NE and the Last game against the jets.

But there is no way Holcomb is better or has more upside than Brees, Cullpepper.

HHURRICANE
06-08-2006, 09:15 AM
I am with you on this one. I think Jauron is a very conservative caoch but I thought our new OC was going to have more say in this. I am not watching Holcomb in a 4-12 season. Funny thing is that I have no problem watching Nall or Losman in a 4-12 season beacuse you are hoping that they are learning for next year. That's why Giant fans were patient with Eli. This really sucks.

Jan Reimers
06-08-2006, 09:21 AM
I think that Holcomb getting more snaps in the OTAs may be a perception thing to 1.) convince the team that there is real competition at the QB position, and 2.) to build a fire under Losman to get him to really work and focus.

I think Losman will win the "competition" and gain the confidence and respect of his teammates in the process.

Then again, I'm always optimistic at this time of year, until the season starts and things turn to crap.

bigbub2352
06-08-2006, 09:28 AM
I agree that it would be a mistake to start Kelly, but it is way to early to even conceive who will be the starter, u got 4 preseason games to go thru and all of training camp yet, he might be getting the bulk right now because he picked up the offenese quicker he has been in like 50 sysytems since the browns and colts, I truly believe they will go with JP and use kelly as there saftey net if JP bombs but again way to early for picking who will be starter

TacklingDummy
06-08-2006, 09:31 AM
We could have had Brees, Cullpepper, McNair, Harrington and any one of a handful of draft pick QB's. Instead Marv passed on all of them.

I don't get it. Does marv and Ralph not want to win? .

No thanks to Brees, coming off a shoulder injury.

No thanks to Culpepper, coming off a knee injury, plus Randy Moss plays for the Raiders.

No Thanks to Harrington, we already have a Harrington model on the roster.

No thanks to McNair, he's too injury prone.

Leinart/Cutler, no thanks.

And who says we could of had any of those guys?

Wouldn't putting the person that wins the job and looks the best in practice be the best option to win? I know you have a love affair for Losman and a hatred for Holcomb. But shouldn't the person who earns the job be the one who starts? If Losman looks the best, he starts, if Holcomb does or Nall does, then they start.

Personally I'd like to see JP start. But if he can't beat out Holcomb, what does that say about his potential?

ICE74129
06-08-2006, 09:34 AM
No thanks to Brees, coming off a shoulder injury.

No thanks to Culpepper, coming off a knee injury, plus Randy Moss plays for the Raiders.

No Thanks to Harrington, we already have a Harrington model on the roster.

No thanks to McNair, he's too injury prone.

Leinart/Cutler, no thanks.

And who says we could of had any of those guys?

Wouldn't putting the person that wins the job and looks the best in practice be the best option to win? I know you have a love affair for Losman and a hatred for Holcomb. But shouldn't the person who earns the job be the one who starts? If Losman looks the best, he starts, if Holcomb does or Nall does, then they start.

Personally I'd like to see JP start. But if he can't beat out Holcomb, what does that say about his potential?

I see you are living up to your name again. YES ALL of the above listed are better options than Holcomb. If you can't see that, quit watching football, you just dont get it.

As for as 'If he can't beat out holcomb' is pure bull ****. If he doesn't have equal snaps with the first string he was never given the shot to beat him out. So far holcomb has the meat of the snaps. Now from your posts I know you have comprehension issues but let me spell it out....if you dont' play with the first string, you can't be the first string QB. It is more than obvious they are leaning toward holcomb and a losing season.

justasportsfan
06-08-2006, 09:36 AM
I thought you said Marv get's it by going young during FA, now you have a problem with them not taking Culp who happens to also have a busted knee?Mcnair is often injured has has a few years left. You're contradicting yourself again.

Stop trying to discredit the staff because they didn't draft the way you wanted.

Brees was too expensive for an injury thats pretty much like Penningtons. You don't give up a ton of cap for an injury like that. You obviously don't know it all.

Harrington sucks. Obviously Jauron doesn't think much of the guy since he coached him first hand. I'll take his opinion over yours. You say give a qb (JP) a whole season, Harrington has had that and yet you add his name to that list? ICE, obviously 31 teams don't think much of Harrington. Saban wouldn't have had any interest in the guy if Culp was healthy.

Just because KH is on the team doesn't mean he's Jauron's guy. You assume that.

eyedog
06-08-2006, 10:25 AM
Don't panic ICE there is a long camp and preseason to go. Marv/DJ are playing the game with Holcomb so Losman has to "earn it".
There is no way Marv/DJ are so far out of it that they will play a 34 yr. old qb with no upside while rebuilding. I just can't believe that.
It's JPL and if he bombs out it's Nall.

Bill Cody
06-08-2006, 11:40 AM
I agree with Ice, we should go with the guy who has the best looking hair at QB.

Bill Cody
06-08-2006, 11:42 AM
I thought you said Marv get's it by going young during FA, now you have a problem with them not taking Culp who happens to also have a busted knee?Mcnair is often injured has has a few years left. You're contradicting yourself again.

Stop trying to discredit the staff because they didn't draft the way you wanted.

Brees was too expensive for an injury thats pretty much like Penningtons. You don't give up a ton of cap for an injury like that. You obviously don't know it all.

Harrington sucks. Obviously Jauron doesn't think much of the guy since he coached him first hand. I'll take his opinion over yours. You say give a qb (JP) a whole season, Harrington has had that and yet you add his name to that list? ICE, obviously 31 teams don't think much of Harrington. Saban wouldn't have had any interest in the guy if Culp was healthy.

Stop wasting sensible words- don't you know Ice is a coach?

BillsFever21
06-08-2006, 11:46 AM
If Holcomb is the starting QB I'm glad I only spent money on one pair of tickets this year.

Nothing like watching an old boring QB with no upside lose games. That's not my idea of fun.

ICE74129
06-08-2006, 11:58 AM
Stop wasting sensible words- don't you know Ice is a coach?

Its not sensible and how would you know being a bledsoe fan.

TacklingDummy
06-08-2006, 12:01 PM
Nothing like watching an old boring QB with no upside lose games. That's not my idea of fun.

Your right, It's much more exciting watching a young, QB with potential and scrambling ability running around on the field like a chicken with it's head cut off looking like a deer in the headlights.

Either way ya look at it, both Losman and Holcomb will get their fair share of starts this year. They both are injury prone. Even if they both don't get injuried, both will have bad games and I see another year of musical QBs.

I see Holcomb starting the season as starter, then if the Bills come out of the gates 1-4,1-5, they will make the switch to JP. Then JP will play bad and also get injuried, then the Bills will flip-flop between Nall and Holcomb.

Bottomline, the Bills QB of the future is not on the roster yet.

ICE74129
06-08-2006, 12:04 PM

Marv somewhat had it until he screwed the draft. He has really screwed us if Holcomb is the guy.

Again, I know comprehension is really tough for you but here we go..., There is NO SUCH THING AS QB COMPETITION!!! They ALWAYS lean toward a QB because even the stupidiest coach knows there aren't enough reps to go around. It is more than obvious holcomb is thier guy. Adam S on NFLN pointed out 'Its holcombs job to lose'.

Why?

I honestly cant say other than they are going ultra conservitive which flys in the face of Fairchield's offense. And if they thought JP Wasn't the guy, why not get one of the guys I listed?

Speaking of, Your thoughts on those QB's are off as well. Cullpepper is a damn good QB. Brees is a damn good QB. Both have injuries that will heal just fine. Both of their new teams weren't investing in right now, but moreso the 2nd half of this season and the future. Both were very smart to do so. As for as Brees is concerned, He had a torn labrum. I've had one, trust me he will be just fine. Pennington was a dumb ass and pushed his return too fast and too hard, further injuring the shoulder.

As for as harrington, how do you know DJ didn't ask to trade for him and Ralph/Marv over ruled him? You have absolutely no proof that wasn't the case.

And I don't have to discredit the staff, they are starting to do a fine job of it themselfs.

We start holcomb, we see the direction this franchise is taking and that is the same damn one for the last near decade...in the toilet.

ICE74129
06-08-2006, 12:06 PM
Your right, It's much more exciting watching a young, QB with potential and scrambling ability running around on the field like a chicken with it's head cut off looking like a deer in the headlights.

Either way ya look at it, both Losman and Holcomb will get their fair share of starts this year. They both are injury prone. Even if they both don't get injuried, both will have bad games and I see another year of musical QBs.

I see Holcomb starting the season as starter, then if the Bills come out of the gates 1-4,1-5, they will make the switch to JP. Then JP will play bad and also get injuried, then the Bills will flip-flop between Nall and Holcomb.

Bottomline, the Bills QB of the future is not on the roster yet.

Bottom line, you and skoob put up the dumbest posts in Bills message boards history. This was another one.

BTW...I saw lindys pre season mag yesterday. I LMAO and thought of you when they stated 'Losman went 2-7 last year'. See even they know who the winning QB was that game

justasportsfan
06-08-2006, 01:02 PM
Marv somewhat had it until he screwed the draft. He has really screwed us if Holcomb is the guy..
This is not about the draft. The qb's you mentioned were FA's and as far as you were concerned , he got the FA right. He get's it.

Again, I know comprehension is really tough for you but here we go..., There is NO SUCH THING AS QB COMPETITION!!! They ALWAYS lean toward a QB because even the stupidiest coach knows there aren't enough reps to go around. It is more than obvious holcomb is thier guy. Adam S on NFLN pointed out 'Its holcombs job to lose'.

Why?

I honestly cant say other than they are going ultra conservitive which flys in the face of Fairchield's offense. And if they thought JP Wasn't the guy, why not get one of the guys I listed?

Speaking of, Your thoughts on those QB's are off as well. Cullpepper is a damn good QB. Brees is a damn good QB. Both have injuries that will heal just fine. Both of their new teams weren't investing in right now, but moreso the 2nd half of this season and the future. Both were very smart to do so. As for as Brees is concerned, He had a torn labrum. I've had one, trust me he will be just fine. Pennington was a dumb ass and pushed his return too fast and too hard, further injuring the shoulder.

And I don't have to discredit the staff, they are starting to do a fine job of it themselfs.

We start holcomb, we see the direction this franchise is taking and that is the same damn one for the last near decade...in the toilet.

First you talk about comprehension and then you mention qb competition? Where in my post did I mention competition. Your posts are getting DUMBER when get desperate attempting to redeem your own contradiction.

As for as harrington, how do you know DJ didn't ask to trade for him and Ralph/Marv over ruled him? You have absolutely no proof that wasn't the case.
. This is really stupid.there is nothing to imply that Jauron tried to trade for him. I am not the one who needs to bring proof to the table that Jauron MIGHT have tried to trade for him. You do. DUH!!!!

justasportsfan
06-08-2006, 01:04 PM
Bottom line, you and skoob put up the dumbest posts in Bills message boards history. This was another one.

the only reason why you are not one of the dumbest is because you switch sides faster than Kerry. You vote for it before you voted against it. :crazy:

Jan Reimers
06-08-2006, 01:12 PM
Question: How can a chicken with no head look like a deer in the headlights?

Gunzlingr
06-08-2006, 01:33 PM

Another Question: How can Ice call Skooby and TD's posts the dumbest on the board? Pot meet windsock-like know it all who is good enough to coach in the NFL but chooses to coach pop warner kettle.

ICE74129
06-08-2006, 02:11 PM
Another Question: How can Ice call Skooby and TD's posts the dumbest on the board? Pot meet windsock-like know it all who is good enough to coach in the NFL but chooses to coach pop warner kettle.

I don't coach pop warner. It is amazing the lack of comprehension on this board. And yeah I can call them dumb as hell because they are. As for as not coaching NFL, I know tons of great coaches that wont touch that crap. Coaching college is MUCH better than trying to coach a bunch of spoiled punks that are allowed to put football down the list of their priorities due to the CBA. Then they don't follow your coaching because they make more money than you and can get you canned because THEY aledgedly put butts in the owners seat.

Yeah I will pass.

justasportsfan
06-08-2006, 02:20 PM
And yeah I can call them dumb as hell because they are. . nows your chance skoobs :D

ICE74129
06-08-2006, 03:09 PM
nows your chance skoobs :D

Nah he has been slapped around enough. He shouldnt even think of commenting.

justasportsfan
06-08-2006, 03:28 PM
Nah he has been slapped around enough. He shouldnt even think of commenting.attack the post, not the poster ICE. I thought you knew it all.

ICE74129
06-08-2006, 03:32 PM
attack the post, not the poster ICE. I thought you knew it all.

It wasn't a personal attack. Try again.

Gunzlingr
06-08-2006, 05:03 PM
I don't coach pop warner.

Pee Wee, sorry for the confusion. We don't hall of fame worthy coaches coaching kids out here like they do back east. Maybe you should put on a clinic for those no-nothings in the NFL and College coaching ranks. I am sure they could all benefit from your unearthly knowledge of every single aspect and player in the game. I know we all get a good laugh at it.

feelthepain
06-08-2006, 05:06 PM
Culpepper is not injured anymore, he's ahead of schedule and will be in this weekends mini camp. Just because Joey had a tough time in Detroit doesn't mean he sucks, name the last QB that didn't suck in Detroit. It's unkown how Joey will play for another team. What is known is he has the talent to play QB in the NFL, will he have the mentality?? That remains the question, but he'll be playing for a better team this year then he played for last year. I sure wish you Bill fans would not trash everyone that doesn't wear a Bills uni, it sure would give you guys more credibilty.

justasportsfan
06-08-2006, 05:11 PM
Culpepper is not injured anymore, he's ahead of schedule and will be in this weekends mini camp. Just because Joey had a tough time in Detroit doesn't mean he sucks, name the last QB that didn't suck in Detroit. It's unkown how Joey will play for another team. What is known is he has the talent to play QB in the NFL, will he have the mentality?? That remains the question, but he'll be playing for a better team this year then he played for last year. I sure wish you Bill fans would not trash everyone that doesn't wear a Bills uni, it sure would give you guys more credibilty.Puhlease, most of us are trashing Holcomb as a starter. Harrington sucks. Harrington=Feeley

John Doe
06-08-2006, 05:57 PM
So far holcomb has the meat of the snaps.

I have seen no evidence to support this contention. Holcomb may be first on the depth chart right now, but there is no indication that he is getting the "meat of the snaps."

Jauron is giving the QBs and equal chance. The best will start, and rightfully so.

!Papacrunk!
06-08-2006, 09:20 PM
Harrington was signed for depth/back up. How many QBs with game time experience as starters were really out there? He may have sucked (big time) as a starting QB, but hopefully he will be a decent #2.
Setbacks can happen, but Culpepper is reportedly doing great to very good and is ahead of schedule--I guess we'll get a better look with the Dolphins holding mini-camp from June 9th-the 11th. Hopefully everything stays on track and there won't be any setbacks, but I think it was a good move to get Harrington to hold the clipboard, and at worst start some games.

IMO--I think they should stick w/ JP through good or bad. He could become like Harrington--a 1st rounder that won't live up to the hype(and what other picks were also used??), or he could finally blossom into the that 1st round QB. One problem is that he wasn't drafted by anyone that is currently pulling the trigger for the Bills. See AJ Feeley. Granted AJ Feeley wasn't drafted by us, but he was the other regime's blunder. So there isn't anyone around to fight for JP no matter what he does positive or negative, which is why it isn't surprising that the job is up for grabs for all of the QBs. (Maybe it's somewhat bad luck to be a QB w/ initials.) Forgive my ignorance, but since the starting QB job is up for grabs, I'm surprised the Bills didn't make any offseason moves for some sort of QB--draft or free agency. It seems like in the past it's always been the wily veteran's job to lose and the young buck to usurp the starting position away from said vet. So maybe Holcombe will start the beginning of the season after all and JP will wisk it away from him. And on the other side, it is still too early to tell.

Nublar7
06-08-2006, 09:41 PM
Puhlease, most of us are trashing Holcomb as a starter. Harrington sucks. Harrington=FeeleyPuhlease yourself. Harrington is far from great, but to say he is equal to Feeley is just plan ignorant. Feeley sucks period. Harrington is an ok starter and should be able to do good in a backup/occasional starter role.

Harrington can win us some games when/if Culpepper isn't starting. I wouldn't be real happy if Joey came here projected to be our starter for a few years, but he isn't our starter. To get a first round QB for the price of just a 6th rounder to be our backup behind a Pro Bowl QB is a great and rare move for NFL teams. I bet many Bills fans would rather Harrington over what your current situation is. They may not admit it(more like they won't admit it), but I know they think it.

ICE74129
06-08-2006, 09:56 PM
I have seen no evidence to support this contention. Holcomb may be first on the depth chart right now, but there is no indication that he is getting the "meat of the snaps."

Jauron is giving the QBs and equal chance. The best will start, and rightfully so.

Are you having trouble reading the same articles the rest of us are? Holcomb always starts with the first string most of the time, then JP with the 2nd and on. Not too often, unless Chris brown is lying, does JP work with the first string.

ICE74129
06-08-2006, 09:57 PM
Pee Wee, sorry for the confusion. We don't hall of fame worthy coaches coaching kids out here like they do back east. Maybe you should put on a clinic for those no-nothings in the NFL and College coaching ranks. I am sure they could all benefit from your unearthly knowledge of every single aspect and player in the game. I know we all get a good laugh at it.

Thats what children do. Mock and laugh at what they cant comprehend.

justasportsfan
06-09-2006, 06:28 AM
Puhlease yourself. Harrington is far from great, but to say he is equal to Feeley is just plan ignorant. Feeley sucks period. Harrington is an ok starter and should be able to do good in a backup/occasional starter role.

Harrington can win us some games when/if Culpepper isn't starting. I wouldn't be real happy if Joey came here projected to be our starter for a few years, but he isn't our starter. To get a first round QB for the price of just a 6th rounder to be our backup behind a Pro Bowl QB is a great and rare move for NFL teams. I bet many Bills fans would rather Harrington over what your current situation is. They may not admit it(more like they won't admit it), but I know they think it.Considering where Joey and Feeley were drafted, they are equal. Holcomb might suck as a starter but Joey has yet to achieve what Holcomb has which isn't much.

Night Train
06-09-2006, 06:33 AM

LOL ! I guess the Dummy part of his handle is dead on.

Bill Cody
06-09-2006, 10:31 AM

JP believes variety is the spice of life. On 1st down he might look like the chicken, on 2nd down the deer. But you're right combining them would require a special talent. But with more experience....:lol:

Bill Cody
06-09-2006, 10:32 AM
Thats what children do. Mock and laugh at what they cant comprehend.

Is that what mommy told you?

Mitchy moo
06-09-2006, 11:40 AM
Nah he has been slapped around enough. He shouldnt even think of commenting.

Dude, I wanted a real QB in the draft. We had the 8th pick and we're trying to tighten our defense.