So holcomb is better than Cullpepper, Brees etal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

So holcomb is better than Cullpepper, Brees etal?

We could have had Brees, Cullpepper, McNair, Harrington and any one of a handful of draft pick QB's. Instead Marv passed on all of them.

Why?

From the OTA's its clear this is holcombs to lose. So they are saying a career loser, with no arm is better than ALL the other possibilites that were out there this offseason.

I will say this right now, IF this is the case and it looks so since Holcomb gets the meat of the snaps with the first string, then this team is screwed under Marvs reign. Holcomb is a career backup at best, but they are giving him the meat of the snaps. I told you guys that there is NEVER true competition. It is ALWAYS fixed to allow the guy you want every opportunity to 'win' the job. And So far this offseason it looks like Holcomb is their man.

I don't get it. Does marv and Ralph not want to win? So far this offseason I have to really wonder. Holcomb isnt a winner and never has been. He is well on the wrong side of 30 and has no arm. When push comes to shove just like in the NE game he will ALWAYS dump the ball off short. You don't win games that way.

I think marv is going ultra conservitive and it will hurt us.

Unless something drastically changes soon, we are in for a worse season that last year. And if that is the case, good luck filling the seats come November let alone December. Ralph thinks the money situation is bad now? Let that happen and see how it goes.
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: So holcomb is better than Cullpepper, Brees etal?

I agree with you about Holcomb, and that's why I feel Losman will be the starter come opening day. Levy and Jauron aren't stupid.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ICE74129
      Legendary Zoner
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
      I agree with you about Holcomb, and that's why I feel Losman will be the starter come opening day. Levy and Jauron aren't stupid.
      Sure they are. They want the 'Safe' QB. One that wont win you a game but wont lose one either. Problem is his play lost two games last year alone. NE and the Last game against the jets.

But there is no way Holcomb is better or has more upside than Brees, Cullpepper.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

I am with you on this one. I think Jauron is a very conservative caoch but I thought our new OC was going to have more say in this. I am not watching Holcomb in a 4-12 season. Funny thing is that I have no problem watching Nall or Losman in a 4-12 season beacuse you are hoping that they are learning for next year. That's why Giant fans were patient with Eli. This really sucks.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

I think that Holcomb getting more snaps in the OTAs may be a perception thing to 1.) convince the team that there is real competition at the QB position, and 2.) to build a fire under Losman to get him to really work and focus.

I think Losman will win the "competition" and gain the confidence and respect of his teammates in the process.

Then again, I'm always optimistic at this time of year, until the season starts and things turn to crap.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• bigbub2352
            • Feb 2005

I agree that it would be a mistake to start Kelly, but it is way to early to even conceive who will be the starter, u got 4 preseason games to go thru and all of training camp yet, he might be getting the bulk right now because he picked up the offenese quicker he has been in like 50 sysytems since the browns and colts, I truly believe they will go with JP and use kelly as there saftey net if JP bombs but again way to early for picking who will be starter
            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• TacklingDummy
              Unreachable Douche
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
              We could have had Brees, Cullpepper, McNair, Harrington and any one of a handful of draft pick QB's. Instead Marv passed on all of them.

I don't get it. Does marv and Ralph not want to win? .
              No thanks to Brees, coming off a shoulder injury.

No thanks to Culpepper, coming off a knee injury, plus Randy Moss plays for the Raiders.

No Thanks to Harrington, we already have a Harrington model on the roster.

No thanks to McNair, he's too injury prone.

Leinart/Cutler, no thanks.

And who says we could of had any of those guys?

Wouldn't putting the person that wins the job and looks the best in practice be the best option to win? I know you have a love affair for Losman and a hatred for Holcomb. But shouldn't the person who earns the job be the one who starts? If Losman looks the best, he starts, if Holcomb does or Nall does, then they start.

Personally I'd like to see JP start. But if he can't beat out Holcomb, what does that say about his potential?

Comment

• ICE74129
                Legendary Zoner
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                No thanks to Brees, coming off a shoulder injury.

No thanks to Culpepper, coming off a knee injury, plus Randy Moss plays for the Raiders.

No Thanks to Harrington, we already have a Harrington model on the roster.

No thanks to McNair, he's too injury prone.

Leinart/Cutler, no thanks.

And who says we could of had any of those guys?

Wouldn't putting the person that wins the job and looks the best in practice be the best option to win? I know you have a love affair for Losman and a hatred for Holcomb. But shouldn't the person who earns the job be the one who starts? If Losman looks the best, he starts, if Holcomb does or Nall does, then they start.

Personally I'd like to see JP start. But if he can't beat out Holcomb, what does that say about his potential?
                I see you are living up to your name again. YES ALL of the above listed are better options than Holcomb. If you can't see that, quit watching football, you just dont get it.

As for as 'If he can't beat out holcomb' is pure bull ****. If he doesn't have equal snaps with the first string he was never given the shot to beat him out. So far holcomb has the meat of the snaps. Now from your posts I know you have comprehension issues but let me spell it out....if you dont' play with the first string, you can't be the first string QB. It is more than obvious they are leaning toward holcomb and a losing season.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

I thought you said Marv get's it by going young during FA, now you have a problem with them not taking Culp who happens to also have a busted knee?Mcnair is often injured has has a few years left. You're contradicting yourself again.

Stop trying to discredit the staff because they didn't draft the way you wanted.

Brees was too expensive for an injury thats pretty much like Penningtons. You don't give up a ton of cap for an injury like that. You obviously don't know it all.

Harrington sucks. Obviously Jauron doesn't think much of the guy since he coached him first hand. I'll take his opinion over yours. You say give a qb (JP) a whole season, Harrington has had that and yet you add his name to that list? ICE, obviously 31 teams don't think much of Harrington. Saban wouldn't have had any interest in the guy if Culp was healthy.

Just because KH is on the team doesn't mean he's Jauron's guy. You assume that.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• eyedog
                    • Jul 2002

Don't panic ICE there is a long camp and preseason to go. Marv/DJ are playing the game with Holcomb so Losman has to "earn it".
                    There is no way Marv/DJ are so far out of it that they will play a 34 yr. old qb with no upside while rebuilding. I just can't believe that.
                    It's JPL and if he bombs out it's Nall.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                      • Sep 2004

I agree with Ice, we should go with the guy who has the best looking hair at QB.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                        I thought you said Marv get's it by going young during FA, now you have a problem with them not taking Culp who happens to also have a busted knee?Mcnair is often injured has has a few years left. You're contradicting yourself again.

Stop trying to discredit the staff because they didn't draft the way you wanted.

Brees was too expensive for an injury thats pretty much like Penningtons. You don't give up a ton of cap for an injury like that. You obviously don't know it all.

Harrington sucks. Obviously Jauron doesn't think much of the guy since he coached him first hand. I'll take his opinion over yours. You say give a qb (JP) a whole season, Harrington has had that and yet you add his name to that list? ICE, obviously 31 teams don't think much of Harrington. Saban wouldn't have had any interest in the guy if Culp was healthy.

Just because KH is on the team doesn't mean he's Jauron's guy. You assume that.
                        Stop wasting sensible words- don't you know Ice is a coach?

Comment

• BillsFever21
                          • Aug 2004

If Holcomb is the starting QB I'm glad I only spent money on one pair of tickets this year.

Nothing like watching an old boring QB with no upside lose games. That's not my idea of fun.

Comment

• ICE74129
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DrewBlueFan
                            Stop wasting sensible words- don't you know Ice is a coach?
                            Its not sensible and how would you know being a bledsoe fan.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                              Unreachable Douche
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsFever21

Nothing like watching an old boring QB with no upside lose games. That's not my idea of fun.
                              Your right, It's much more exciting watching a young, QB with potential and scrambling ability running around on the field like a chicken with it's head cut off looking like a deer in the headlights.

Either way ya look at it, both Losman and Holcomb will get their fair share of starts this year. They both are injury prone. Even if they both don't get injuried, both will have bad games and I see another year of musical QBs.

I see Holcomb starting the season as starter, then if the Bills come out of the gates 1-4,1-5, they will make the switch to JP. Then JP will play bad and also get injuried, then the Bills will flip-flop between Nall and Holcomb.

Bottomline, the Bills QB of the future is not on the roster yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X